Tesco Livingston

Info required please guys-

A mate of mine is a full time bus driver and hates it. He passed his class one last year but due to the ecconomy going ■■■■ up he hasn`t found a truck driving job.

He phoned Monarch,the agency that supplies drivers for Tesco Livingston,and they told him that they require drivers-they even asked him what shift he would like to work!

He has an assesment on Tuesday but,even though Monarch has said it will be regular work,he is a bit wary of leaving a full time job.

I know someuys on here have done agency work in Tesco and I`m just looking for some info-the good,the bad and the ugly!!!

Cheers in advance!!

my own personal experiace in there with them wasnt to bad really …

most of the shifts they where offering was weekend work… which i didnt really want to do …

when he goes in he will have the usaul H & S before he gets anywhere near the yard … then the driving assement is straight forward enough … then he will take you out for about 10 to 15 mins on the road and then back into the yard for uncoupleing and so forth…

think it was a guy called Brian who is the trainer for Monarch … aint a bad bloke really he also takes a loads out so he knows what the job is about really…

aint been in for a while but dont think it will have changed much…

Thanks for that!

I take it was just a couple-uncouple then a short road drive?

Do you know if any of the agency drivers went on to work for Tesco full time?

I think he`s just a bit unsure if Monarch really will be able to offer him 40+ per week.

I was thinking of applying for weekend work but i would only be able to do 1 day every 2 weeks so i doubt they’d be interested. overtime at my place has went right down hill this year compared to last :cry:

gogzy and scanny are the experts on tesco livi ,but i think they where with NAS and not monarch.

merc0447:
I was thinking of applying for weekend work but i would only be able to do 1 day every 2 weeks so i doubt they’d be interested. overtime at my place has went right down hill this year compared to last :cry:

gogzy and scanny are the experts on tesco livi ,but i think they where with NAS and not monarch.

Thanks!

I`m sure Gogzy will be along shortly…

Don`t know about Scanny-is he still alive■■?

Im here stevie :smiley:

ive got good and bad things about working at tesco, but we had different terms and conditions when at tesco with nas rather than monarch…that is until tesco said we should all have to do assesments…after being in their for 8 months without a single incident that was including everyday in the snow in the winter (3 years for scanny77 before they gave him an assessment - bit of a kick in the face tbh)

then we had to go by monarchs terms…even though i work for nas which meant a pay cut and our minimum hours down from 8 -6 per shift. and then the crap shifts.

i eventually went onto the shunting to get the hours in…the last day i did it though one of the idiotic loaders in the warehouse never strapped in half a trailer of cardboard in yet had put the bay light on a green one…after we told them it was on red. half the trailer fell out as soon as i pulled it off the bay (barn doors so no choice) and this was 5 mins from the end of my shift. i got the blame for it even though the head shunter was with me from telling the bay was on red till it got changed to green…he was the one who told me the cages fell out because i wouldnt have noticed till half way down the yard.

if he really wants to be a trolley dolley then fine go for it, i personally would never work for tesco full time even though their own drivers only do 8 hours a day. but monarch would be able to give them more work at tesco (if hes willing to take strange shifts) than NAS would

Cheers mate!

I think I would be a bit worried about the 6 hour shift guarantee if it was me!

I’ll pass on your info and let him make his own mind up!

Thanks guys!

When i seen the title of the thread i thought you might be jumping ship :laughing:

swap that horrible green trailer for a nice blue one :laughing:

joemaxi:
Cheers mate!

I think I would be a bit worried about the 6 hour shift guarantee if it was me!

I’ll pass on your info and let him make his own mind up!

Thanks guys!

i mean if hes gonna be with moarch it wont be soo bad, he will get the good shifts…whereas if hes with nas we got given all the crap eventually when it all started.

the best shifts are the ones starting at night/early morning as they last the longest, dayshifts aint that long tbh.
also when xmas comes he will have a pick of shifts and i mean he can basically say when he wants to start…i did 7 shifts in 5 days on the run up to xmas pocking about 750 quid (after tax)…but i put the hours in big time, i was walking back into tescos dead on 9 hours after i finished my shift, the same security gu was still on when i left to when i walked back in

merc0447:
When i seen the title of the thread i thought you might be jumping ship :laughing:

I like my green and White trailer!!

And the ability to go above 40… :wink:

joemaxi:

merc0447:

I like my green and White trailer!!

And the ability to go above 40… :wink:

yea but you only do 41mph. im still stuck behind you