Taking mans best friend out in the truck permitted?

Freight Dog:

Uncleskid:
I used to take my spaniel with me and take him for a walk on my breaks and when I was parked up for the night,used to be brilliant companion unless it was raining and I had a wet dog in the cab with me

You kept a spaniel in your cab? :astonished: Did you have to sleep in the trailer? They’re absolute mustard. My folks have one, it melts my head. Frigging thing licks your trousers.

Depends how you train them

Although I’m on the RSPCA’s watch list for Ehh let’s say showing pets to much love I could probably get away with taking the cat.

Little litter tray in the passenger side, pop her in the cupboard at RDC’s, jobs a good un.

Although if I lost her asking other drivers if they’ve seen my ■■■■■ might get some quizzical glances.

How about having a little respect for some body who wants a clean cab instead of some ■■■■■■■■ that stinks like a ■■■■■ labrador
Have you no feeling for other people?
Clearly not

Saw this at Crooklands one morning,made me chuckle hi vis and all that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The dog in the yellow cab is not wearing a hard hat or safety glasses.

My mate had a little jack russell type dog(was a rescue dog had been used to bait pitbulls :frowning: ) and it was a real nasty piece of work if he didn’t know you , whenever he was stopped at scales, DOT, police stood on the step it leapt at the window hehe …he once went to deliver at an oilsands site up at fort Mc and the east indian security men were firm …“leave the dog at the gatehouse or no entry” well Tom told them the dog does not like uniforms …and they started to get funny dog out or no entry .Well it was in the low -c and Tom told them no tying it up outside or else . He put cubby on a lead and walked towards the guards and that sycho dog went intae rottweiller mode …the guards ran into the “hut” and refused to let Tom and cubby in :laughing: :laughing: …At the end an office guy came down to see what the holdup was as the load was needed ,cubby was put back in the cab and on condition he didn’t get out on site ,Tom delivered there quite often and never again did they ask for wee cubby to stay in the “hut”.

Years ago I was delivering at LHR. I had my old springer with me. Security were you can’t tKw him airside. When I offered to tip in the parking Bay next to their cabin they changed their minds pretty quick :slight_smile:

Was that cos he hadn’t done his Level D?

And he’s like, I am D !!

I am DOG !!

Hope he growled at them and told them who was really the dog’s ■■■■■■■■…

If I turned up to cover a weeks holiday in a wagon where man and dog had been co-habiting I’d go ballistic. I suffer enough of that stench at home, and I’m sick of always being covered in a dog I cant stand. There is no way in hell I’d drive a dog mobile.

If it was my wagon I’d be reaching straight for the P45. There is the distraction, there is the risk of damage, there’s the risk of load rejection and the risk that smell and hair etc. will reduce the value of the wagon.

toby1234abc:
The dog in the yellow cab is not wearing a hard hat or safety glasses.

Not wearing steel toecaps either.

I used to bring my dog with me when he was a pup but he is a big to big to spend all day in the cab.

PoodlePic2.jpg

Minature Poodles

Don’t shed hair
Don’t smell
Don’t wreck anything

Toddy2:

Minature Poodles

Don’t shed hair
Don’t smell
Don’t wreck anything

Maybe not to you :wink:

:blush:

mrginge:

Toddy2:

Minature Poodles

Don’t shed hair
Don’t smell
Don’t wreck anything

Maybe not to you :wink:

Only when they ■■■■ :blush:

Has anyone taken their dog to the continent with them in the cab?

Dave

I s’pose having a cab mutt would be handy for a fresh supply of ■■■■ to smear on the trailer padlock

davemfox:
Has anyone taken their dog to the continent with them in the cab?Dave

yes :grimacing: Samantha used to come with me every week :sunglasses:

Going back many years, when I worked for Swifts, I had a dog in the cab, firstly I had a Golden Retriever, she was well known by drivers and customers, she would sit on the fork lifts at various delivery points even though I was sitting in the truck cab. She was invaluable on my nights out, I would let her out of the cab and follow her to the nearest pub, she loved pubs LOL.
Later I had an Alsatian that became equally well known, she occupied my cab all day as I delivered to Ford dealers and although extremely gentle and friendly she guarded that cab with her life, she even drew blood when she bit the Manager at Swifts because he put his hand in the open window to stroke her, I thought I would be in the poop for that but he just covered his bleeding hand with a tissue and said " I think we need to have one in all the cabs "
I see people with dogs in the cabs every day, the problems are that some distribution centres do not permit dogs on site.

Santa:
When I was on agency, I flat out refused to get in a cab full of hair and smelling of wet dog or worse. Now some here might think that having a ‘limper’ refuse their truck was a benefit, but their boss might think otherwise when a load is delayed while they found another unit.

I think the mutt in the cab is an owner driver only thing these days.

I do recall, when I was a beginner, in a yard in London; this huge driver with a tiny poodle that would jump off the ground and stand on his outstretched hand.

+1