Animals behind the wheel

Not literally, but just wondered if seeing a coincidence or not, as today was at services heading home after Bank Holiday, and watched a lass, with 2 small dogs getting in a class 1 steel wagon, its the second time noticing this, and both times steel wagons, but also female drivers.

Is it they are allowed them as tramping so protection ? as although used to be more common ages ago, was under the impression animals not allowed anymore, due to HS, and whenever asked other drivers in a yard, told no one allows it anymore, know rules state animals need to be restrained cage or summit,

but anyone else have pets in cab and not self employed.

and not being sexist or owt, just only time I’ve seen it in ages has been ladies, and moving steel …■■?

If still allowed, would be cool having a little driving buddy lol.

Was having a break on A5 a few week back and the lad who pulled in front of me had his dog with him. Was a pallet network decker trailer but didn’t notice the unit so could have been his own. He lifted the dog down (was a chunky little thing), they had a quick stroll and a pee then off they went lol.
Like you say quite a rare sight now.

Fella who worked with me he used take his boxer dog with him tramping .
Guess it depends on where you work.
If your doing fridge/ food deliveres it won’t be allowed…
On general haulage with a dedicated cab can’t see the problem really.
Be different if was a different cab every day
As bound get somebody in it the next day who complains
My sister not a truck driver owns 2 dogs when ever she takes them out they have to either wear a seatbelt harness or be in a cage . Some new law that came out a few years ago.
Altough still seeing dogs in cars loose with heads out windows etc.
What the rules are for tucks who knows

I think they should concentrate on getting humans, including babies, to wear a seatbelt rather than animals. I could see into the front passenger seat of a range rover next to me stopped at the traffic lights, neither mother nor baby were strapped in.

Cab dogs have been a thing for decades.

Truck and…

Driver magazine ran a photo section called ‘Cab Mutts’.

yourhavingalarf:
Truck and…

Razzle ran a similar section called Readers Wives.

That was tried on here many moons ago
Didn’t last long lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:

yourhavingalarf:
Truck and…

Razzle ran a similar section called Readers Wives.

Hahahahaha

I had one or two dogs in my cab when I was younger :laughing:

Thank you very much. :sunglasses: