cab mutt

I don’t have a dog myself,although I would love one,but I have noticed lately a lack of animals being in the cab notably cab mutts,used to see them on a regular basis,have companies stopped dogs in cabs because of insurance.

I think its because they are banned near any food companies…if your on general haulage with no deliveries to food outlets, rdc`s it will probably be ok, although if a cab is shared, who wants to drive a truck stinking of wet dog hair.

couldn’t really say but a lot of drivers have got used to hairs and suchlike over the years

truckyboy:
I think its because they are banned near any food companies…if your on general haulage with no deliveries to food outlets, rdc`s it will probably be ok, although if a cab is shared, who wants to drive a truck stinking of wet dog hair.

OR the dog doesn’t want to share a cab with a stinking tramper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank god they’re not a common sight now. I’m a dog lover, but not in a lorry thanks

I’d see no issue with one. Something that doesn’t speak your language. Does as it’s told.

Better then having ya Mrs next to ya for a long shift anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have a Jack Russell terrier but I would not take it with me because of the smell in the cab.

Although to be fair it would more than likely get used to it after a couple of days. :laughing: :laughing:

JaxDemon:
I’d see no issue with one. Something that doesn’t speak your language. Does as it’s told.

Double shift with a Romanian then

OVLOV JAY:

JaxDemon:

They do speak English though. Well ones I worked with at Harveys. Best one was class. I got him to ring customers up just so I could chuckle to myself over his girly voice as he said ‘Helllllooooooo it’ssssss harveyssss’ sounded like Mrs Doubtfire [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

OVLOV JAY:

JaxDemon:

did that once and it did not end well for the romainian

Co driver

Mine’s with me every day at work…

Although I do work on a farm…

■■■■■■ the boss off though… Mine does as he’s told - his two DON’T! :smiling_imp:

raymundo:

Co driver

That’s my kind of co -driver. Had a border collie years ago, basically cleverer than 80% of the population.

Current pack is a Mini Schnauzer, Klein Spitz and a 9 month old bonkers Giant Schnauzer.

If you own the truck fair enough, do what you want. But if you share with anyone don’t be so discussing and disrespectful, ever heard of people being allergic to dogs? Or just not wanting to go home covered in someone elses dog hair, not to mention the smell.

Bristol its called respect for your fellow workers
A thing that a lot of people cant quite get their head round.

robroy:
I have a Jack Russell terrier but I would not take it with me because of the smell in the cab.

Although to be fair it would more than likely get used to it after a couple of days. :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve said it before but Jacks are complete mustard! I grew up with loads of them, we had one that used to try and eat you if you answered the phone and another that every now and then would ■■■■ the curtains. You’d come into the room and it would be swinging off the Laura Ashley’s (this was the 80s). Mum would go mad and get the broom and try to shoo it off. Bad tempered little buggers. I couldn’t share a cab with one.

Didn’t truck and driver mag run a cab mutt picture series in the 80s/90s?

raymundo:

Co driver

Very clever dogs and ill bet he wouldnt demolish a low bridge either…

Freight Dog:

robroy:

I’ve said it before but Jacks are complete mustard! I grew up with loads of them, we had one that used to try and eat you if you answered the phone and another that every now and then would ■■■■ the curtains. You’d come into the room and it would be swinging off the Laura Ashley’s (this was the 80s). Mum would go mad and get the broom and try to shoo it off. Bad tempered little buggers. I couldn’t share a cab with one.

Didn’t truck and driver mag run a cab mutt picture series in the 80s/90s?

yes they did,some were quite good

albion:

raymundo:

Co driver

That’s my kind of co -driver. Had a border collie years ago, basically cleverer than 80% of the population.

Current pack is a Mini Schnauzer, Klein Spitz and a 9 month old bonkers Giant Schnauzer.

Our daft dawg is a cocker spaniel / collie cross, and can be a right pain in the arse and worse than having a kid to look after …

Try having a ‘Sprocker’…

They don’t have an ‘off switch’!!! :open_mouth: