Dogg in

Sorry typo should read - Dog in cab.

Talking to a driver today who had a medium large dog.

He said he had a recent stop by VOSA who during the checks noticed his dog,they stated that

the dog should not be loose in the cab, but secured in a cage .No action was taken by VOSA on this.

Can this be true,no loose animals in the cab.

Nah, he must have had a bone to pick with him!

I think that they let the " PAW " bloke go but sent him off with a " FLEA " in his ear !!!

He could have been the Scouser who got pulled into Perry Bar checkpoint, and as the copper walked up to his cab he saw him cuff the dog

“why did you just hit that dog?” asks plod

“cos the little ■■■■■■■ just ate me tax disc” replied the driver

jj72:
He could have been the Scouser who got pulled into Perry Bar checkpoint, and as the copper walked up to his cab he saw him cuff the dog

“why did you just hit that dog?” asks plod

“cos the little [zb] just ate me tax disc and tachos honest guv” replied the driver

fixed that for you

I hate dogs, in fact I REALLY (zb)ing hate dogs. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I have no problems with other people owning them as long as I dont have to hear them, see them, smell them, and see or tread in the mess that they and their selfish owners leave lying on the pavement.

So it was with great dismay that after being off on holiday once for a few weeks I returned to my truck to find the interior covered in hairs and reeking of DOG!!

To say I went nuts would be an understatement. The yard foreman couldnt look me in the eye and stood there mumbleing some excuse of an apology whilst eyeballing his shoes, then to top it all, this clown of a driver turns up in the yard driving someone elses truck with…the stinking, hairy,■■■■■■■, drooling (zb)ing DOG in the cab next to him.

When I explained to him the error of his ways and asked as to WTF he thinks he is doing firstly bringing an animal to work with him and more importantly WTF he thinks he is doing putting it in my truck, covering everything in hairs and dog dribble (excuse me whilst i go and spew…) he got really upset and defensive.

The way this (zb) carried on you would have thought I had insulted his child not his stinking, hairy, drooling, dribbling hound. Started telling me that his “pet” was lovely, wouldnt hurt a fly and that it “always” travels with him in a truck, where ever he goes!!!

“And what about the person who has to go back to living in this truck for a few weeks at time AFTER you have turned it into a biological health hazard” I asked. He couldnt answer, in fact he couldnt even see what he had done wrong!!!..(zb)ing dog lover.

To be fair, my boss paid for a full valet of the cab interior and this (zb)`s agency was told never to send anyone with a dog there again. Even after the valet I could still smell DOG.

I hate (zb)ing DOGS…and Dags, I hate them even more!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Did you have a paper round as kid :question: :laughing: .

i though you were going to give us all the years of experience of any dogging places you’d come across!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This all reminds me of the day I had to make a delivery to a private residence in Wiltshire. I lovely house set back off a little “B” road with a big 5 bar gate across the front of the entrance. now this was in the 80`s so no mobiles etc. There was a rusty looking button with was a bell of some sorts, marked “push for attention” or something like that. Anyway, after 10 minutes of “pushing for attention” I though (zb) this for a laugh and vaulted over the gate. Now, this house was about 2 minutes stroll down the wide gravel drive / road and off I set, cursing quietly under my breath.

I was about 30 seconds into my stroll down the drive towards the house when I heard the first low, muffled and very deep WOOF. I stopped dead still and looked around, sure enough a few seconds later there was another low, this time not so muffled and still very deep WOOF.

OH (zb) I thought, by now having turned around and started walking briskly back towards the gate and safety.
A few more paces and I glanced back over my right shoulder and there they were, three, yes THREE of the (zb)s…and not just any run of the mill yappy little things, these were the real deal. THREE (zb)ing great rottweiler type beasts, huge great things, with huge great mouths which were now wide open and enclosing on me at a great rate of knots!! Howling, barking, dribble and drool flying everywhere (spew time again, sorry…), those monsters must have thought it was dinner time and I was on the menu!!

I never realised that anything so big could run so fast…and until that very moment I never realised that I could run so fast!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I tore back up that drive mentally picturing in my head how close the slavering “dogs” were getting before they tore me a new (zb)!!! Anyway, I cleared that gate in one go. I just jumped, rolled, flopped, flew straight over the top of it and landed flat on my back on the road. A few seconds later what seemed like 3 tons of furry, slavering, barking hell crashed into the other side of the gate, barking that horrible deep bark that just goes on and on and goes right through you. They were going absolutely nuts at me.

Eventually the owner comes out of the house and wanders up the drive. The first thing she says was “didnt you see the bell?? Why didnt you ring the bell?” Then after I spent a few minutes educating her as to what had happened she said “well, it was your own fault, you should have stood still, not run away”!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: WTF!!!

I asked her why there was no signs saying beware of the Rottweiler or whatever those (zb)ing things were, why were there no signs saying beware of the dogs and you know what she said■■?..“they are not “DOGS”, they are my pets, they are lovely and wouldnt hurt a fly”!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hate (zb)ing dogs.

I used to deliver catering equipment to butchers, chip shops etc. On several occasions I was sent round to the back yard where the hound of the baskervilles offspring and his sister were waiting to make a snack of anyone foolish enough to wander into “their” yard.

No way I would go in until it was safe. They always insisted they were just big softies but I would point out that they were there to see off intruders and had no way of knowing that I was a good guy.

A dog can sense that you are frightened of them.A firm I worked for had two Rottweiler’s which I used to tell to eff off, when they came sniffing around my vehicle,as I was getting out.They know that you aren’t frightened of them by your mannerisms and tone of voice.

Dave the Renegade:
…They know that you aren’t frightened of them by your mannerisms and tone of voice.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …yeah, running away as fast as I could and screaming like a big girls blouse might have given them a clue!!! :laughing: :laughing:

The drivers at our place used to be allowed to take dogs but now they are banned. This was because I and a regular agency driver both refused to get in their stinking hair infested cabs. I belive the garage complained as well.

I pulled into a scaffold yard looking for directions one day. Nobody knew where the place was and as it was pre-mobile days I asked if I could use the phone. “Yeah no problem it’s in the cabin at the top of the stairs,” so off I trotted. I had noticed this big old mongrel when I pulled in and although he wasn’t giving out I did think there was something about him but as an ex paper boy I was used to dealing with mutts. Anyway as I stepped on the first stair I felt this mutts jaws clamp round my calf! He didn’t bite, he just closed his mouth nice and gently! I looked down at him and he looked up at me and then he thought better of it! The scaffies thought it highly amusing as it was something he did to most visitors to the yard. They did compliment me on my cool reaction as the last fella he did it to jumped six feet in the air! :smiley:

bullitt:

Dave the Renegade:
…They know that you aren’t frightened of them by your mannerisms and tone of voice.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …yeah, running away as fast as I could and screaming like a big girls blouse might have given them a clue!!! :laughing: :laughing:

You should have run towards them,they ain’t used too that,the best form of defence is attack :exclamation: :laughing: .

bullitt:

Dave the Renegade:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This all reminds me of the day I had to make a delivery to a private residence in Wiltshire. I lovely house set back off a little “B” road with a big 5 bar gate across the front of the entrance. now this was in the 80`s so no mobiles etc. There was a rusty looking button with was a bell of some sorts, marked “push for attention” or something like that. Anyway, after 10 minutes of “pushing for attention” I though (zb) this for a laugh and vaulted over the gate. Now, this house was about 2 minutes stroll down the wide gravel drive / road and off I set, cursing quietly under my breath.

I was about 30 seconds into my stroll down the drive towards the house when I heard the first low, muffled and very deep WOOF. I stopped dead still and looked around, sure enough a few seconds later there was another low, this time not so muffled and still very deep WOOF.

OH (zb) I thought, by now having turned around and started walking briskly back towards the gate and safety.
A few more paces and I glanced back over my right shoulder and there they were, three, yes THREE of the (zb)s…and not just any run of the mill yappy little things, these were the real deal. THREE (zb)ing great rottweiler type beasts, huge great things, with huge great mouths which were now wide open and enclosing on me at a great rate of knots!! Howling, barking, dribble and drool flying everywhere (spew time again, sorry…), those monsters must have thought it was dinner time and I was on the menu!!

I never realised that anything so big could run so fast…and until that very moment I never realised that I could run so fast!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I tore back up that drive mentally picturing in my head how close the slavering “dogs” were getting before they tore me a new (zb)!!! Anyway, I cleared that gate in one go. I just jumped, rolled, flopped, flew straight over the top of it and landed flat on my back on the road. A few seconds later what seemed like 3 tons of furry, slavering, barking hell crashed into the other side of the gate, barking that horrible deep bark that just goes on and on and goes right through you. They were going absolutely nuts at me.

Eventually the owner comes out of the house and wanders up the drive. The first thing she says was “didnt you see the bell?? Why didnt you ring the bell?” Then after I spent a few minutes educating her as to what had happened she said “well, it was your own fault, you should have stood still, not run away”!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: WTF!!!

I asked her why there was no signs saying beware of the Rottweiler or whatever those (zb)ing things were, why were there no signs saying beware of the dogs and you know what she said■■?..“they are not “DOGS”, they are my pets, they are lovely and wouldnt hurt a fly”!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hate (zb)ing dogs.

Forget me for seeming so blunt, but in this case aren’t you just the stupid one here? Why would you spend 10 minutes ringing the bell to make a delivery and then hop the fence? I’d have just driven off. You only hate dogs because you haven’t got a clue what you’re doing with them.

bullitt:

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

Adam_Mc:
Forget me for seeming so blunt, but in this case aren’t you just the stupid one here? Why would you spend 10 minutes ringing the bell to make a delivery and then hop the fence? I’d have just driven off. You only hate dogs because you haven’t got a clue what you’re doing with them.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok Adam, you`re forotten!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Im stupid■■? Strange choice of words but each to there own! :wink:

Are you a dog lover Adam??
As for …You only hate dogs because you haven’t got a clue what you’re doing with them"… I dont “do” anything with them!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: Thats best left to the dog lovers, like yourself maybe?? :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dave the Renegade:
A dog can sense that you are frightened of them.A firm I worked for had two Rottweiler’s which I used to tell to eff off, when they came sniffing around my vehicle,as I was getting out.They know that you aren’t frightened of them by your mannerisms and tone of voice.

This ^. You need to have balls of steel around some temperamental dogs. If you act calm and like you’re not bothered and completely ignore them then they sense it and give up. It’s only when you run away from them or stand behind the gate without going in because you’re too scared that makes them go all crazy.

Rob K:

Dave the Renegade:

This ^. You need to have balls of steel around some temperamental dogs. If you act calm and like you’re not bothered and completely ignore them then they sense it and give up. It’s only when you run away from them or stand behind the gate without going in because you’re too scared that makes them go all crazy.

quite agree Rob,and I have a couple of German Shepherds,but if I saw 3 Rotties bearing down on me I’m not sure that I could just ignore them,let alone run towards them as some other nutter suggested. :slight_smile:
A lot is down to the individual hound,and if you don’t know the animal then why be the bravest dogs dinner :question: