Dogs in trucks.

Does anyone have a dog with them. If so what kind do you have. Is there a breed that’s likes it better than others.

Depends how many pints you’ve had.
Sure some of the old dogs still appreciate it on a Saturday nate! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:
Depends how many pints you’ve had.
Sure some of the old dogs still appreciate it on a Saturday nate! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Not quite what I was expecting but I suppose I walked into that lol

My dog is very unpredictable and tends to sniff round arses a lot.

He’s called ’ Agency '.

Ha ha sound about right. And I bet you here f all from him all day then comes to life at night

took my 2 year old boxer out with me for the week once because my gf of the time was working away for the week.

never again. if he wasn’t jumping all over me driving he was barking at every noise during the night, drove me bleedin mad. :laughing:

A short or wire haired dog is ideal for cabs, no loose hairs that get everywhere.
A Patterdale or Jack Russel make excellent cab companions.
I had my German Shepherd for a while, the mess was like a bomb gone off, dust ,dirt and hairs.
Would love to see the expression on the faces of fuel thieves , when they see a Doberman or Rotweiler come at them.
Sorry , officer, I let Widowmaker and Bonecrusher out for a piddle, and their collars slipped off, must have got the scent of a rabbit.

Only thing that would bother me about taking my dog in the truck is the issue of the stink.

But I reckon it would get used to it eventually. :laughing: …I thank you :sunglasses:

never

No, and wouldn’t allow drivers to take them either !

Thanks guys. I don’t have a dog but thought about it. My truck is new with leather seats and would be concerned about them. The work I do would allow for a dog as none food work. I’m torn

I used to take the ex wife :neutral_face:

You gotta hand it to the Tobes, he certainly is quick at Googling stuff :unamused:

Poodle is ideal, have a woolly coat that does not molt or smell.

aye a wee poodle is grand,he sits on the floor and looks out the bottom door window,or he is on the seat looking around…quarry doesny mind as long as he stays in when loading and only on lead when scaled out to do his business. :sunglasses:

I see a few dogs in builders vans, the odd 7.5 tonner or scaffolding lorry.
Yorkshire Terriers would be good, small and
yappy.
Cocker or Springer Spaniels are brilliant.
Basset hounds,or Bull Terriers, but any large dog will damage your back lifting him, in and out the cab 20 times a day for loo stops.
Think of having a cab mut, like having a small child with you 24/7.
Constant attention required by mutt, but you keep fit, and everybody will talk to you on the road, even caravaners at Msa,s.
Or Wobbly box pilot’s.

pickandmix:
Thanks guys. I don’t have a dog but thought about it. My truck is new with leather seats and would be concerned about them. The work I do would allow for a dog as none food work. I’m torn

A heavy duty seat cover from Halfords a large blanket for motor cover and an air line to get rid of hairs. Well worth it for the companionship. Saw a bloke in Sweden once, 4 series topline with pass seat slid back, home to a large Alsatian. He had an aluminium ladder at 45 degrees to get in and out. Once out he was friendly enough but driver said go near him when he’s in cab and he’ll have your hand off! Brilliant!

I would avoid the more hyper breeds like border collies. Never actually taken ours and sure she would get in and out of the cab no problem but I’m near certain she’d drive you mental and anyone in the vicinity if she got out and I reckon you’d struggle to stop her if she decided she wanted to every time you opened the door.

I do think if you had the space for a basket and changed the bedding you could keep the pong to a minimum.

The boss sometimes let’s me take mine if I need to for the day. It’s ideal for multi drop, I don’t have to lock the doors…but then again, not many people try and pinch your sat nav with a 60kg rottie looking at them.

Border terriers. Great dogs. Love human contact. Don’t make too much of a mess with hair. Will walk as far as you want but content with a ball thrown in a park.