Tacho question

Hello

For the last 2 days my tacho has been intermittenly flashing between normal driving display and driving without tacho.When stationary it only shows driving without card.

I am having to pull the card and then put a manual entry in to reflect a break. Is this a fault with my card? and am doing the right thing? having just my lisence im keen to keep it a bit.

Ta

Please excuse the spelling.

Put it in slot 1 :unamused:

I’d do a printout and check it’s actually recording driving activity as some tachos will constantly flash and others will go back to normal for a while even if it’s not recording (never tested on the open road mind you).

Could be that it’s losing touch with the card which could be something as simple as dust in the machine, or could even be a faulty card although usually those give a code. Do you get a chance to drive more than one truck? If so, has it done this in other trucks?

nick2008:
Put it in slot 1 :unamused:

+1…

but without the rolling eyes smilie

donk1889:
Hello

For the last 2 days my tacho has been intermittenly flashing between normal driving display and driving without tacho.When stationary it only shows driving without card.

I am having to pull the card and then put a manual entry in to reflect a break. Is this a fault with my card? and am doing the right thing? having just my lisence im keen to keep it a bit.

Ta

Assuming your card is in slot 1 which I think it is, the most likely reason is that before you taking over the vehicle someone has used it without using a driver card.

All you have to do is press “OK” to cancel the warning and everything should be fine.

It’s quite common on some companies for a shunter or someone else to move a vehicle in the yard without inserting a driver card.

It was indeed in slot 1!

Print out was normal, will try it in a different vehicle next week.

Ta

Like I said it’s nothing to do with your card, someone has moved the vehicle without a card, all you have to do is press “OK” on the tachograph to cancel the warning and you won’t see it again for the rest of the shift.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

+1 on Tachographs answer. Same as overspeeds, they will keep flashing as a warning until you acknowledge it.