Tacho fault

Over the last 2 days my tacho has started playing up I always remove my card each night and when I go to put it in in the morning the fault comes up driving without card with the no 28 now I know the lorry has not moved as it’s my own lorry and I am the only one with the keys any ideas

Might be worth doing a printout for the time you were away from the vehicle, see what has actually been recorded.

has it been in for a service/6 weekcheck recently ■■? if it was moved without the card in and the ok button wasn’t pressed to acknowledge the message and clear it, it will keep reappearing

Professor:
Over the last 2 days my tacho has started playing up I always remove my card each night and when I go to put it in in the morning the fault comes up driving without card with the no 28 now I know the lorry has not moved as it’s my own lorry and I am the only one with the keys any ideas

You may have a faulty sender sending spurious signals

Might be better to leave the card in overnight?

Most of our 61plate FH’s after you have done manual entry comes up with “driving without card” after you have clicked yes the last time.
Usually pressing ok clears it.

I have pressed the ok button but the fault keeps recurring I put the company card in and downloaded the taco at the weekend the fault seemed to cleared it self this morning I will know for sure if it’s clear tomorrow morning thanks for all the replies

It transpired the fault was still there so took it to a tacho centre to be sorted I believe they fitted a new sensor all working fine now