Tacho question

just a quick one as im still vaugly new to truck driving having only had my licence a few weeks

anyway! finished work last night (was in a big hurry) shut the truck down and got out of the truck…ran to my car…

only then to realise i left my tacho in the lorry not set to any mode other then the mode it sets its self to when the truck isnt moving…

am i going to have any problems with this? if so how do i rectify this so i can continue work later today? bearing in mind i wasnt working from the time i got out of the vehicle @ 17:16.

i assume this must happen quite a lot for new drivers??..

Regards

RRH

Did you eject the card when you realised you had left it in or do you mean you left it in all night or left it in after your shift and drove home and only realised the next day?

only realised this morning when i got a message from a collegue telling me it was still in the truck and has now been removed about 9am

is there a manual entry i can do for this?..

Not just new drivers :blush:

I did it not so long ago, spoke to vosa on the phone, they told me to do printouts for end of shift etc and also if you could get a letter off your employer just saying the truck wasnt used, you accidently left your card in and you werent working.

Dont worry about it just dont make it a regular occurance :slight_smile:

Just do as Daley says, get a coupole of printouts and write on it when you finished and when you started and if your company is ok to approach then ask them for a little letter and plea innonence if your stopped (Not all VOSA are hard faced ■■■■■■■■■ that your a newbie.

Oh and in future remove your card lol…

roger red hat:
only realised this morning when i got a message from a collegue telling me it was still in the truck and has now been removed about 9am

is there a manual entry i can do for this?..

Apart from a manual entry I would do a print out and write what you have written in your first post.

Sign the printout and keep it with you until it is time to hand it in.

Don’t have nightmares, we all do it :blush:

ha! ok shall do! always takes something like this to learn by!

being a newbie ■■■■■! :stuck_out_tongue:

so to sum up, get my boss to sign a letter saying the truck hasnt been used by anyone else with my card in…

and get a print out from the machine the next time i insert my card saying ended shift at 17:16, but left card in vehicle?.

will the print out have all the ‘otherwork’ printed on it?? so it shows a good 15or so hours of me apprantly working? or will it just be blank? and i shall have to fill it in my self?
:blush:

roger red hat:
ha! ok shall do! always takes something like this to learn by!

being a newbie ■■■■■! :stuck_out_tongue:

so to sum up, get my boss to sign a letter saying the truck hasnt been used by anyone else with my card in…

Don’t need a letter if the vehicle wasn’t used as the printouts will show that anyway.

roger red hat:
and get a print out from the machine the next time i insert my card saying ended shift at 17:16, but left card in vehicle?

Better to take two printouts. One from the day you did the shift before you left the card in and one from the following day. On the first one write that the mode between 17:16 and 00:00 should be rest and one the second one write that the mode from 00:00 to whatever time you resumed work should be rest. You can explain on both printouts why.

roger red hat:
will the print out have all the ‘otherwork’ printed on it?? so it shows a good 15or so hours of me apprantly working? or will it just be blank? and i shall have to fill it in my self?
:blush:

It will show the period from 17:16 to midnight and from midnight to whenever you started as whatever the mode was when you parked. This could be other work or you might be lucky in this case and have a unit which defaults to rest, check what the printout shows. If that is the case ignore all the advice about printouts and carry on as it will show a nice long rest.