Tacho issue

Hey :slight_smile: I think my tacho may have a problem. I’m out with a mentor at the min with me doing the driving so my tacho is in slot 1 obviously but when i put it in on wednesday (first times the cards been in a machine) it didn’t say welcome or ask me anything just came up with the recording screen and yesterday it just said welcome and again didn’t ask me anything, nor when i took it out.
My mentors card is in slot 2 and that seems to work fine as it does when he puts it in slot 1. Did a print out both days and it seems to have recorded everything but just strange its acting like that. Anyone know if this just happens sometimes or there is a problem with it?
Thanks,
Matt

It is probably just being mardy, sometimes my missus doesn’t talk to me for days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here and when you ask if anything’s wrong you get the dreaded, ‘I’m fine’.

Re the tacho we’ve got twenty digi vehicles and I drive most, some do slightly different things. Some cards do slightly different things. Some take ages some don’t. Just remember to put the card into slot 1 first and eject the same. As long as the info is there from a card printout it should be fine.

Thank you both. Just abit concerned because what I was told would happen, didn’t happen. But as you said if its on the print out then yeah its doing its job i suppose.

almost-truckin’:
Hey :slight_smile: I think my tacho may have a problem. I’m out with a mentor at the min with me doing the driving so my tacho is in slot 1 obviously but when i put it in on wednesday (first times the cards been in a machine) it didn’t say welcome or ask me anything just came up with the recording screen and yesterday it just said welcome and again didn’t ask me anything, nor when i took it out.
My mentors card is in slot 2 and that seems to work fine as it does when he puts it in slot 1. Did a print out both days and it seems to have recorded everything but just strange its acting like that. Anyone know if this just happens sometimes or there is a problem with it?
Thanks,
Matt

Some of the options you get when inserting the card only lasts so long so if you put your card in and then took your eyes off it for a few minutes it would seem to have missed out the options but in reality it would have been you that missed it.

I’m not saying this is what happened just putting it forward as a possibility :wink:

Hi anyone, I was wandering if anyone could help me with the 6 hour rule on tacho, Might just be me being stupid but I’m struggling to understand it, Could anyone help me with this in a simple term, Thank you.

It is not a tacho rule it is a wtd rule 15min break before 6 hours duty 30mins total if you work 9 or more hours

4whatitsworth:
It is not a tacho rule it is a wtd rule 15min break before 6 hours duty 30mins total if you work 9 or more hours

You sure :question:

4whatitsworth:

The 6 hour rule is part of the working time regulations but you’ve got the required break durations wrong :wink:

Your working time should not exceed 6 hours before having a break of at least 15 minutes.

If your total shift working time is more than 6 hours but not more than 9 hours you should have a total of at-least 30 minute break/breaks.

If your working time is more than 9 hours you should have a total break/breaks of at least 45 minutes.

These breaks can be divided into parts of at-least 15 minutes each.

Where appropriate RT(WT)R breaks count for tachograph breaks and vice versa.

Wheel Nut:
… sometimes my missus doesn’t talk to me for days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at your avatar pic, my guess is that you consider removing the helmet at bedtime. :laughing: :smiley: :grimacing: :wink:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

The 6 hour rule is part of the working time regulations but you’ve got the required break durations wrong :wink:

Your working time should not exceed 6 hours before having a break of at least 15 minutes.

If your total shift working time is more than 6 hours but not more than 9 hours you should have a total of at-least 30 minute break/breaks.

If your working time is more than 9 hours you should have a total break/breaks of at least 45 minutes.

These breaks can be divided into parts of at-least 15 minutes each.

Where appropriate RT(WT)R breaks count for tachograph breaks and vice versa.

Thats what my brain told my fingers but they don’t listen half the time :blush:

4whatitsworth:

Good excuse mate, I’ll steal that one sometimes if you don’t mind :wink:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

I have a pile of infringements to prove i know what i’m talking about :confused:

Just out of interest what are the penalties for WTD infringements

4whatitsworth:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

I have a pile of infringements to prove i know what i’m talking about :confused:

:laughing: Good one

4whatitsworth:

AS far as I know there is still no-one enforcing the WTD for mobile workers :wink:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

:laughing: Good one

4whatitsworth:

AS far as I know there is still no-one enforcing the WTD for mobile workers :wink:

:unamused: … Thats good :laughing:

4whatitsworth:

tachograph:

4whatitsworth:

Education and advice as a first step. After that no one really knows as it has never gone beyond that since the WTD was introduced.

I have never heard of any personal penalties. The WTD legislation is enforced by the ‘health & safety’ authorities either the HSE or local authorities depending where you work. Penalties are aimed at employers who consistantly break the rules.

For an up-todate VOSA guide on driving rules search for ‘GV262 - 03’ on the web.

uncle fester:
I have never heard of any personal penalties. The WTD legislation is enforced by the ‘health & safety’ authorities either the HSE or local authorities depending where you work.

Not true. That’s the regular folks WTD, our flavour, RT(WT)D is ‘enforced’ by VOSA.

You haven’t recently been on a DCPC course have you? I only ask because this seems to be one of the many things they are teaching incorrectly on the courses these days. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79466

Apologies, Coffeeholic is correct, my bad.

Does this mean that VOSA could issue a personal prohibition if you are found to be in breach of the rules at a roadside stop?

uncle fester:
Apologies, Coffeeholic is correct, my bad.

Does this mean that VOSA could issue a personal prohibition if you are found to be in breach of the rules at a roadside stop?

VOSA do not have any sanctions for RTWTD breaches in their current sanctions list