Tacho issue

uncle fester:
Apologies, Coffeeholic is correct, my bad.

You say that like it’s a surprise. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

uncle fester:
Does this mean that VOSA could issue a personal prohibition if you are found to be in breach of the rules at a roadside stop?

The only thing they could really check in a roadside stop is the 6 hour thing and I have no idea what the potential penalty might be. They say they are adopting a policy of education in the first instance. They concentrate on the more important tacho regs.

Not intended ‘as a suprise’. I posted something that was not relevant and then apologied afterwards. Why make it an issue?

uncle fester:
Not intended ‘as a suprise’. I posted something that was not relevant and then apologied afterwards. Why make it an issue?

Wasn’t making an issue. You must have missed the smilies at the end of that line, it was a joke. I’ve made a note and won’t try jokes again with you.

:wink: :smiley: ←

Don’t mind jokes :grimacing: , don’t mind apologising when I make a mistake :frowning: .

Just think that silly little icons can easily be mis-interpreted :wink: .

uncle fester:
Don’t mind jokes :grimacing: , don’t mind apologising when I make a mistake :frowning: .

:smiley: :slight_smile: :frowning: :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :wink: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :imp: :cry: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :angry: :grimacing: :neutral_face:
I think your right :wink:

uncle fester:

Couldn’t agree more, but we need them as they are the facial expressions missing from forums and messaging and without them things can be misinterpreted, and with them it seems. :smiley: :smiley:

So, can I put you back on the Okay to Joke With List?

Yes please do, where else am I going to find such a wide spectrum of whitty banter to help whittle away the long nightime hours of my weekly rest.

Just hope I don’t upset to many members and end up in pre-mod hell with the other lost souls.

uncle fester:
Yes please do, where else am I going to find such a wide spectrum of whitty banter to help whittle away the long nightime hours of my weekly rest.

Now you’re just taking the ■■■■. :smiley:

uncle fester:
Just hope I don’t upset to many members and end up in pre-mod hell with the other lost souls.

Pre mods not so bad, I was there for a while.

Coffeeholic:

uncle fester:
Apologies, Coffeeholic is correct, my bad.

You say that like it’s a surprise. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

uncle fester:
Does this mean that VOSA could issue a personal prohibition if you are found to be in breach of the rules at a roadside stop?

The only thing they could really check in a roadside stop is the 6 hour thing and I have no idea what the potential penalty might be. They say they are adopting a policy of education in the first instance. They concentrate on the more important tacho regs.

Directive 2002/15/EC of the European Parliament and of
the Council of 11 March 2002 on the organisation of the
working time of persons performing mobile road
transport activities (5) requires Member States to adopt
measures which limit the maximum weekly working
time of mobile workers.

However

Under Directive 88/599/EEC (3) roadside checks are
confined to daily driving time, daily rest periods, and
breaks. When digital recording equipment is introduced
driver and vehicle data will be stored electronically and
data will be able to be evaluated electronically on the
spot. This should, over time, enable simple checks to be
carried out on regular and reduced daily rest periods and
on regular and reduced weekly rest periods and
compensatory rest.

Which probably means they are unlikely to bring the first prosecution for many years to come.

A simple POA question. Did you know beforehand how long you were going to be waiting at your last drop driver?

A simple lie. “Yes”

Hey guys could I get a bit of advise please, Im new to driving class 1, Loveing it by the way, Last week I did my first night out well I did two nights out, On my second night out I started at 6am Through the day I maxed my driving time to almost 10 hours and then I reduced my daily rest to nine hours now by the time Id done all that I was ready to start driving the next day at 7am, My analouge tacho chart had obviously overlapped by one hour, Is that ok if I get pulled by vosa,

Thanks Smudge832

smudge832:
Hey guys could I get a bit of advise please, Im new to driving class 1, Loveing it by the way, Last week I did my first night out well I did two nights out, On my second night out I started at 6am Through the day I maxed my driving time to almost 10 hours and then I reduced my daily rest to nine hours now by the time Id done all that I was ready to start driving the next day at 7am, My analouge tacho chart had obviously overlapped by one hour, Is that ok if I get pulled by vosa,

Thanks Smudge832

I’m a little confused, are you saying that your shift started at 06:00 and ended at 22:00, you then had 9 hours rest and started again at 07:00 ?

If I’m understanding this correctly I’m afraid you’ve screwed up, the daily rest period has to be completed within 24 hours from the start of shift.

Anyway there’s no need to leave the chart in the tachograph, at the end of the shift you can take it out so no matter what time you start the next shift you won’t be overwriting the previous record.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your post :wink:

Hi no you got it spot on, ■■■■ I screwed up, Hope I dont get pulled over with ion the next month so I can keep that tacho at home, then hope They never ask to see that one. Thanks for your help.

Hi again, If I extend my daily driving to 10 hours am I right in thinking I can do them hours in what ever order I want. As long as I don’t drive more then 4.5 hours in one go. Have 45min break with in 4.5hours. So I could do 3hours driving rest for 45mins 3hour driving 45min rest 4hour driving then daily rest? :confused: :confused: :confused:

smudge832:
Hi again, If I extend my daily driving to 10 hours am I right in thinking I can do them hours in what ever order I want. As long as I don’t drive more then 4.5 hours in one go. Have 45min break with in 4.5hours. So I could do 3hours driving rest for 45mins 3hour driving 45min rest 4hour driving then daily rest? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes you are correct, as long as you don’t exceed 4.5 hours driving before having the 45 minute break you’re fine regardless of the order in which the driving time is accumulated :wink:

You can increase your daily driving period to 10 hours twice a week.

Thanks for your help, I’m still learning.

smudge832:
Thanks for your help, I’m still learning.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

We’re all still learning, it’s just that we’re all in different places on the learning curve :wink:

On Thursday night after my shift finished I was closing down my tacho chart and realised Iv’e been filling in my chart wrong, Bare in mind iv’e been working now for 3weeks, I’d been putting my start and finish the wrong way round and my start and finish Km the wrong way round. Though last Monday I was pulled by VOSA just random stop by Immingham docks. They checked my tacho charts and they were fine with it all. I will start doing them the right way round from now on just in case I get a Inspector that is really strict.