Tacho message: driving without card

Last few days I have been getting message flashing up on the tacho saying driving without card (28).
It stays for a few minutes then reverts back to driving time. Keeps doing this through the shift.
Been switching trucks alot and getting it on multiple trucks.
Card is in properly and printout looks ok.
Is this normal or is there something wrong with my card?

idrive:
Last few days I have been getting message flashing up on the tacho saying driving without card (28).
It stays for a few minutes then reverts back to driving time. Keeps doing this through the shift.
Been switching trucks alot and getting it on multiple trucks.
Card is in properly and printout looks ok.
Is this normal or is there something wrong with my card?

Card may simply have dirty contacts, or could be faulty. Give the shiny pads on the card a good rub with a clean, dry cloth. If this doesn’t fix it, the card needs replacing.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It comes on if the truck has been moved without a card in, if you press ok before you put your card in it acknowledges the message and clears it.

Same as when you got an overspeed or 4h15 warning. Nothing wrong with tacho or your card.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i had similar a few years ago, unit kept flashing up with various messages, like you i was in and out of different vehicles, didnt show up on print out, but cos the company i was with were ■■■■■ when it came to infringments , i just sent card off for replacement…

sorry just reread your post, do you mean flashes up whilst driving or just when you get into a different vehicle, my problem was whilst driving, tacho would flash up with a message, not over speed either lol

No it’s whilst driving.
Put card in as normal before moving and it accepts it and asks for manual etc.
Then sometimes goes straight to driving without card, sometimes comes on a few minutes later.
Sounds like damaged card.

Can I apply for a new one while still using the old one does anyone know

El Deano:
It comes on if the truck has been moved without a card in, if you press ok before you put your card in it acknowledges the message and clears it.

Same as when you got an overspeed or 4h15 warning. Nothing wrong with tacho or your card.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh so it could be from units being shunted around yard?
I will try tonight if I can clear it before putting card in cheers

idrive:
Oh so it could be from units being shunted around yard?
I will try tonight if I can clear it before putting card in cheers

Warning messages like that and Overspeed will continue to be displayed every so many minutes until you press OK to clear them.

Ok thanks mate

Its probably a tacho head fault

Been shunted around the yard before you got in it,
Press Ok before you set off, should clear it

Get into cab and turn on ignition before putting in your card. If vehicle has been shunted without card itll display Driving Without Card. Press OK` to clear it then insert your card. Manual entry etc as you wish.

Franglais:
Get into cab and turn on ignition before putting in your card. If vehicle has been shunted without card itll display Driving Without Card. Press OK` to clear it then insert your card. Manual entry etc as you wish.

It’s happening mid shift mate, not just when he first starts.

the maoster:

Franglais:

If hes not clearing it by pressing OK, itll keep flashing up during the shift.
If any notices have been cleared and then reoccur, then it`ll be a card or tacho fault?

Franglais:

the maoster:

Franglais:

If hes not clearing it by pressing OK, itll keep flashing up during the shift.
If any notices have been cleared and then reoccur, then it`ll be a card or tacho fault?

Not tried clearing it before putting card in. Will do that tonight cheers guys

My unit has been parked since Friday afternoon…I’ll jump in at around 18:30 tonight and as sure as I’ve got a hole in my arse, it’ll flash up exactly the same message… has done for Christ knows how long, day in, day out. By the time I’ve fired it up, got card from wallet, and ready to insert it, message has gone…that’s the only time it comes up and I’ve never ‘ok’d’ it

Actrosman:
My unit has been parked since Friday afternoon…I’ll jump in at around 18:30 tonight and as sure as I’ve got a hole in my arse, it’ll flash up exactly the same message… has done for Christ knows how long, day in, day out. By the time I’ve fired it up, got card from wallet, and ready to insert it, message has gone…that’s the only time it comes up and I’ve never ‘ok’d’ it

Does it actually say “Driving without card” or does it just say “Card!”? The former is what you see if the vehicle is moved without a card in the head unit, the latter is what you see every time you switch on the ignition if you haven’t already put your card in.

^^^ Driving without card…it’s already on the bay and won’t have been moved an inch… we have to put a card in every time a unit is moved (management say so) because we keep getting fingered for missing mileage… or should I say 50 yards! It’ll still come up the same, all 3 Mercs do

Actrosman:
^^^ Driving without card…it’s already on the bay and won’t have been moved an inch… we have to put a card in every time a unit is moved (management say so) because we keep getting fingered for missing mileage… or should I say 50 yards! It’ll still come up the same, all 3 Mercs do

Does the message come up on the tacho head display or on the lorry’s dashboard?

I reckon the OP just keeps putting their card in slot 2 :laughing:

Roymondo:

Actrosman:

Does the message come up on the tacho head display or on the lorry’s dashboard?

On the head only…flashes for about 5 seconds