T.R.G agency

Big ■■■■:
TRG the recruit group
HGV 1 Drivers Urgently Required Full Time Opportunities for Day/Night Trunk Drivers for a Major Supermarket Retailer The Recruit Group are looking for HGV1 drivers to start a brand new contract working out of a distribution site in Milton Keynes. The contract offers full time hours with an immediate start for the right candidates. Applicants require an HGV1 license with no more than 6 points and a UK Digi Card. Reliable candidates will be assessed leading to an immediate start. Have you been offered work beyond Christmas? If not then the following may be of interest to you Benefits include: * Trunking work * 45 hours per week * Weekly earning potential of £600 day, £650 nights + additional hours * Working on behalf of a major supermarket retailer * CPC training free of charge * Free uniform * Discounted canteen * New Vehicles If you are interested, please contact trg our 24 hours service team

Can anyone tell me if they have worked for them. I see they do a lot of tesco work in the south east
I just dont want to waste my time signing on with them if they are billy [zb]
and if it is tesco fenny lock they want drivers for i thought E.S.L was taking that one over

regards adam

dont bother i work for them and they tell you you will get this and that but it is all ■■■■■■■■. and they put you on mws. and you have to pay them to do your tax. they promised me minimum of 42.5 hours. guaranteed. no chance as and when they need you you be lucky to get a full month of them.

they tried to rip my wages bud this was warrington steer clear

Ok no bad.only three or so years old thread revived

4 years,the man has made 2 posts in 10 years and drags one up 4 years old…that there,is a man trying to kill time :open_mouth:

There the same as the other agencies, no work between January and April.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could really get £600 for working days each and every week?

Even at £10ph, you’d need to do 60 hours however, and that ain’t legal to do every week, week in, week out.

There’s no way of course you’re getting £600 for doing an “average of 48 hours over 26 weeks” of course, so one has to take a lot of headline-grabbing statements with a pinch of salt.

The £600 refered to, is I suspect, “what you’d get for 5 nights of 12 hours in a week”, whereas the 6am monday-friday starts you’ll very likely get instead will have you earning around £72 per shift, with £35 taken off for umbrella fees, so you’ll gross £65 a shift (assuming you get 5!), take home £40, and lose at least another tenner of that commuting in, because you don’t live across the road from their client, being in the middle of a field as it is.

It might work for those living in “sheds with beds”, but not for someone with a mortgage who actually lives in the area. :frowning:

Winseer:
Wouldn’t it be great if you could really get £600 for working days each and every week?

Even at £10ph, you’d need to do 60 hours however, and that ain’t legal to do every week, week in, week out.

There’s no way of course you’re getting £600 for doing an “average of 48 hours over 26 weeks” of course, so one has to take a lot of headline-grabbing statements with a pinch of salt.

The £600 refered to, is I suspect, “what you’d get for 5 nights of 12 hours in a week”, whereas the 6am monday-friday starts you’ll very likely get instead will have you earning around £72 per shift, with £35 taken off for umbrella fees, so you’ll gross £65 a shift (assuming you get 5!), take home £40, and lose at least another tenner of that commuting in, because you don’t live across the road from their client, being in the middle of a field as it is.

It might work for those living in “sheds with beds”, but not for someone with a mortgage who actually lives in the area. :frowning:[/quot.

average 48 hours in 26 week .but break and POA NOT including.

Yes, but breaks and POA are not suppsed to include unloading on the back, and other work either.

Someone tell me you can get 3+ hours kip a night working out of a supermarket on POA…
If you’re not eating, sleeping, or reading a newspaper, then the break/poa is no good to you - even if you get paid for it.
If you can’t get £600 a week takehome for being on duty an average of 48 hours per week, it’s not worth it darn sarth here.

Low field is better, because you keep nearly all your wages when you’re not flat out all the time. 5-6-5-6 is for mugs. :sunglasses: Why max out for £600pw gross (takehome £480) when you can take home £300 for two maxed shifts at the same location of work. :grimacing:

Just had a text of them saying that hour hourly rate was being reduced by a pound an hour as of the previous week no notice or anything and nothing we could do about so have finished with them. Still not had any paye slips for the last month and keep asking but no reply as yet. Wouldnt bother with them mate.

Another thread asking if an agency is honest and not telling porkies… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Agencies ALWAYS tell porkies. This ad is just BS from start to finish. I don’t believe a word of it! Apart from the bit that says you need an HGV 1 licence.

I’d ask for the wages guaranteed in writing… I’ll bet you a tenner they won’t guarantee them for a 48 hour week… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mac2505:
Just had a text of them saying that hour hourly rate was being reduced by a pound an hour as of the previous week no notice or anything and nothing we could do about so have finished with them. Still not had any paye slips for the last month and keep asking but no reply as yet. Wouldnt bother with them mate.

Where have you been working for TRG??

:smiley: Agreed. all agency’s have to lie and cheat to keep their scams afloat. I haven’t worked for these but ive done my time wen i first passed 12yr ago. Ive been running a sprinter doin my own work for 2yr now. But things have quieted down due to start ov nw yr. IM having to register with a few local agy and dust off my class 1 as a necessity. Certainly not by choice. Wen i stopped tramping in 08 things wer bad enuff, they will only have got worse “ie” traffic del times, idiots on rd ect. All u can do is remember that tomorrow is another day deep breaths ect. Ive just filled an application for sum work in Leeds.my fingers are crossed.but at the end ov day they are all just conmen “agys” will do as they please. They always have…

selby newcomer:

mac2505:

Where have you been working for TRG??

At Iceland Warrington

Ah yes, Iceland Warrington. Was supposed to be getting regular work in Waitrose (right on my doorstep) but after a week of that I was pulled down to Iceland for an “unpaid” induction. After 4 hours of that they then expected me to go out and do a 3 drop run…cue argument #1

After a week in there it was back to Waitrose…3 or 4 days a week.

Got pulled back to Iceland a couple of times, travel further for less money, but mostly still Waitrose.

Last week I told them I need to be self employed (already registered with Nova from last year) to be told, No!! don’t deal with them. Funny that since another TRG driver in Waitrose is through Nova. (Before the “Go Ltd company” brigade start, that is not an option thanks to debts left by my ex…can’t get a business account and most agencies I’ve come across insist on business a/c for Ltd)

Yesterday was the final straw, was in Iceland when TRG called to say, “no work tomorrow, but we need you to do an unpaid induction at Iceland…we know you have already done one but that was a rush induction and now we need you to do a full day one. You won’t get paid and we won’t even give you expenses to get there as we are not in peak period anymore”

Cue major argument. No contact from them today and I suspect I am now persona non gratis.

TRG the recruit group
HGV 1 Drivers Urgently Required Full Time Opportunities for Day/Night Trunk Drivers for a Major Supermarket Retailer The Recruit Group are looking for HGV1 drivers to start a brand new contract working out of a distribution site in Milton Keynes. The contract offers full time hours with an immediate start for the right candidates. Applicants require an HGV1 license with no more than 6 points and a UK Digi Card. Reliable candidates will be assessed leading to an immediate start. Have you been offered work beyond Christmas? If not then the following may be of interest to you Benefits include: * Trunking work * 45 hours per week * Weekly earning potential of £600 day, £650 nights + additional hours * Working on behalf of a major supermarket retailer * CPC training free of charge * Free uniform * Discounted canteen * New Vehicles If you are interested, please contact trg our 24 hours service team

Can anyone tell me if they have worked for them. I see they do a lot of tesco work in the south east
I just dont want to waste my time signing on with them if they are billy [zb]
and if it is tesco fenny lock they want drivers for i thought E.S.L was taking that one over

regards adam

I worked for them from August '08 - June '09 @ Tesco Thurrock. Was told by the rep that met us on site the day of our induction that 99% of the time I would be getting Mon-Fri early start shifts which is what I wanted as most do in there. I had one week of these, the rest of the time I probably got an average of 2-3 days p/week which wasn’t quite what I was told I’d get but it wasn’t too much of a problem for me as I found other work for the rest of the week. This was also at a time though when they had the lowest percentage of the work there out of the three different agencies Tesco used. Towards the end of my time with them, their percentage increased and as a result so did the drivers they got in there and the shifts they were getting.

Drivers that ‘help them out at weekends, get the better start times during the week’ or so I was told.

It was also monthly pay when I was there, but I think it might have gone to weekly a few weeks before I left, can’t quite remember.

A lot could have changed though in the 1.5 years I haven’t been there.

Keep us posted.

I would guess it will be for Stobarts at Tesco, Fenny Lock who now control the transport at the site. May not be though so I would ring up and ask.

Easy work at Fenny but I am 80% certain they will shut the depot by the summer and move it to the new shed at DIRFT so bear this in mind. You should get regular work till then though.

A lot of whats offered in the ad (CPC training free of charge * Free uniform etc) is BS, IMO
Oh and dont forget itll be a flat rate p/hr basis & Tesco only garantee a minimum of 6hrs pay (not 8hrs) for agency drivers

And TRG will charge you for processing your own wages on a self employed basis :cry: £35.00 per week is the fee even if you only do one shift of 8 hours for them.

Every agency in Milton Keynes is advertising this !

They won’t struggle to fill it because of the time of year, but I would wonder how many shifts you will get and for how long as they normally slim the agencies down to a couple when they know what they need.