TRG Logistics (Agency)

Seen the add up there before ^^^, any news on them good/bad etc?

Seems stange that you have to ring someone in london about a job in nottingham?

The are apparently good for getting the experience to go and get a job with someone who gives a ■■■■. I have had a couple of mates go to them, get their two years then get out as quick as possible.

The big contract they are always recruiting for in Dunstable is the Supadrug contract.

Looking at the advert it seems like a DHL job

Looks quite good

What’s more, we’ll even give you free CPC training, and pay you while you’re doing it. As a professional driver you’ll know the importance of completing this before the deadline.

I saw an agency job yesterday that interested me. (Can’t advertise)
Temp to Perm
Easy Work
Straight Trunking
Brand new motors
Running out of East Leake (Notts/Leics border?)

I do like new motors.

PM me for fone number.

Dieseldoforme:
I saw an agency job yesterday that interested me. (Can’t advertise)
Temp to Perm
Easy Work
Straight Trunking
Brand new motors
Running out of East Leake (Notts/Leics border?)

I do like new motors.

PM me for fone number.

Seems like the same ad that I saw, I dont mind new/old, manual / auto, 6x2 / 4x2 or 380-620bhp…

A job is a job, as long as the truck is legal and the work is legal then I am a happy chappy (Pay is priority number 1)

I thought it was a nottingham job (Possibly Boots), East Leake is way too far for me

Bugger, there goes my Tesco Clubcard…

While looking on the job sites, found a Milestone job… They MUST be desperate for drivers?

Once you join us, you will become part of the “Milestone community”. Not only does this mean you will become a Colleague with a capital ‘C’, you will be able to earn Smile Miles, an industry first rewards programme where you earn points simply by turning up to work. You will also be supported by our experienced on-site manager at the site and our very helpful out of hours helpdesk.

If anyone is with Milestone already, send me a PM and I will mention you for the below bonus…

(We have a recommend a friend scheme where you could earn up to £200 for each driver that starts working with us. Also, don’t forget to ask about our Smile Miles rewards scheme.)

trubster:

■■■■ me, not this ■■■■ again…[POUTING FACE]

Pimpdaddy:

trubster:

[zb] me, not this [zb] again…[POUTING FACE]

Ok…

Yeah, agencies, wtf…■■?

Basically manage some of the bigger contracts including on-site at Tesco down in Kent. Decent pay rates as far as I’ve seen.

trubster:

Once you join us, you will become part of the “Milestone community”. Not only does this mean you will become a Colleague with a capital ‘C’, you will be able to earn Smile Miles, an industry first rewards programme where you earn points simply by turning up to work. You will also be supported by our experienced on-site manager at the site and our very helpful out of hours helpdesk.

If anyone is with Milestone already, send me a PM and I will mention you for the below bonus…

(We have a recommend a friend scheme where you could earn up to £200 for each driver that starts working with us. Also, don’t forget to ask about our Smile Miles rewards scheme.)

The “smile Miles” redletterdays.co.uk/Home corporate rewards (not interested).
Most drivers I know have a minimum of 1-2K “smile miles” in their account, and theyre either not interested in them. Or are letting them build up substantially. But there are enquiries afoot to see if theyll widen the scope of the rewards scheme so points can be redeemed against other items i.e. travel abroad (planes, trains, Eurotunnel, & ferries)

trubster:
While looking on the job sites, found a Milestone job… They MUST be desperate for drivers?

You`ll be surprised how big Milestone are, and which other well known agencies they own.
The local MS office is embedded in the local DHL transport office, but supply/manage Milestone agy drivers at several other DHL sites covering an area down to Cannock (unilever), Liverpool, the East midlands, notts, Lincs. Basically a wide band across the North of England

Smile miles, Jesus wept. Whatever muppetry will they think of next?

I left milestone after 18 months and got a £200 red letter day voucher with the “smile miles” I’d built up, sold it down the boozer for £140 :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

Not a lot for getting £1ph and more below par for a year or more is it?

If you do 40 hours a week and work 45 weeks in the year, you’re taking lower pay to the tune of £1800 which pays for all the stuff like vouchers, dcpc training, etc etc.
This is assuming you’re only paid £1ph less than the local going rates elsewhere… It could be worse than that of course!
Because every hour worked below par by any driver is at least a quid ph extra in the firm’s pocket, it’s in their interest to get more bums on air seats, hence the “cashback” deals that go with getting your friends and family to sign up too on such “contracts”…

You’ll have a lot of hours thrown at you, because the more hours you do, the more £1ph premium gets skimmed for the firm. Hours makes prizes to them. They won’t be offering you sporadic shifts at weekends such as I like to do, but more likely 6am-3pm Monday to Friday, a pattern which might be heaven to some…

If on umbrella, you need £12.50ph days to make it pay.
If on PAYE (which they don’t encourage) you can get away with less - but not much less. £9.50 doesn’t cut it, especially if a commute is involved. :frowning:
Anyone getting that or better at TRG? - “Local Going Rates” wise, I know you can get upwards of £12ph, at some inner London DHL places, so it’s not asking for the moon here!
Boots out of Surrey Quays for example were paying £12ph on daytime rigid runs in town this last year, but it’s a bummer that they never had any of the more lucrative £18ph sunday/bh work for single odd shift workers like moi… :neutral_face:

Winseer:

If you do 40 hours a week and work 45 weeks in the year, you’re taking lower pay to the tune of £1800 which pays for all the stuff like vouchers, dcpc training, etc etc.
This is assuming you’re only paid £1ph less than the local going rates elsewhere… It could be worse than that of course!
Because every hour worked below par by any driver is at least a quid ph extra in the firm’s pocket, it’s in their interest to get more bums on air seats, hence the “cashback” deals that go with getting your friends and family to sign up too on such “contracts”…

You’ll have a lot of hours thrown at you, because the more hours you do, the more £1ph premium gets skimmed for the firm. Hours makes prizes to them. They won’t be offering you sporadic shifts at weekends such as I like to do, but more likely 6am-3pm Monday to Friday, a pattern which might be heaven to some…

If on PAYE (which they don’t encourage) you can get away with less - but not much less. £9.50 doesn’t cut it, especially if a commute is involved. :frowning:
Anyone getting that or better at TRG? - “Local Going Rates” wise, I know you can get upwards of £12ph, at some inner London DHL places, so it’s not asking for the moon here!
Boots out of Surrey Quays for example were paying £12ph on daytime rigid runs in town this last year, but it’s a bummer that they never had any of the more lucrative £18ph sunday/bh work for single odd shift workers like moi… :neutral_face:

And Breathe …

Winseer:
If you do 40 hours a week and work 45 weeks in the year,
you’re taking lower pay to the tune of £1800.

Are you allowing for Income Tax & National Insurance ?

If I got paid “an extra 1800 quid” I would have to pay an
extra 32% on it - 20% Tax and 12% National Insurance.

So the “extra 1800 quid” is actually worth 1224 quid in my pocket.

Search for TRG on here and you may hear some less favourable comments! Just remember they are an agency and they all lie about what they offer.

Dieseldoforme:

Winseer:
If you do 40 hours a week and work 45 weeks in the year,
you’re taking lower pay to the tune of £1800.

Are you allowing for Income Tax & National Insurance ?

If I got paid “an extra 1800 quid” I would have to pay an
extra 32% on it - 20% Tax and 12% National Insurance.

So the “extra 1800 quid” is actually worth 1224 quid in my pocket.

of course… And the £1800 paid to you as holiday pay gets taxed at the same rate does it not?
£1800 is the same however you are paid it. You can’t offset “actually going on holiday” as some kind of tax expense, unless you’ve got a real dodgy accountant. :smiley:

peirre:

Winseer:

And Breathe …

or how about change the f…ing record :imp: :imp: :imp: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

jessicas dad:
or how about change the f…ing record :imp: :imp: :imp: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: