TRG Logistics ( Agency )

Anybody got any info on this outfit ?

They will be the same as all agencys…wear a fully enclosed adr rubber suit and full mask at registration…so the ■■■■■ you will be told dosnt cover yer

Awful mate, one of these ones that have you dodging tax under there dodgy ways of working

Cheers kevwall,enough said. :wink:

Registered with them about 3 or 4 weeks ago and they have only rung me once !! despite all the " we are begging for drivers and cannot cope with the work we have for drivers " .

Avoid. Lower wages, and you pay to get them.

Find a PAYE agency somewhere else that plays it straight, rather than makes you pay to go to work. :wink:

Someone said to me at work that TRG is owned by a fella who used to be a Tesco director, how true that is I don’t know.

The word “Agency” should tell you all you need to know.

Why not consider a full time job?

mike68:
The word “Agency” should tell you all you need to know.

Why not consider a full time job?

Easier said than done these days though mate most places you become a regular on the agency then get into full time if your lucky

selby newcomer:
Someone said to me at work that TRG is owned by a fella who used to be a Tesco director, how true that is I don’t know.

No nick gordon was never a tesco director

As far as I know, TRG is an American outfit. The top end of the firm are a bunch of fancy suits with qualifications in Law - so they know just how far they can take the ■■■■ without falling foul of it. :angry:

Note that TRG’s “online footprint” is HIGHLY stage-managed. Trying to find out about those right at the top is like trying to find out about black ops departments of M15…
I regard with high suspicion any firm about which you can only find “good things” said about them by them and no one else. Sure, they’ve been slagged off a bit on this board, but I doubt the powers that be pay much attention to what us rank-and-file folk think. If one believes the things they say of themselves, then they’ve already mopped up the country’s greatest driving talent already, and are pretty much the “only player in the field”. Yeh right. It would be easy for a new driver on the scene to quickly come to the conclusion that “Driver doth not get to be behind the truck wheel - except by us”…

Judge firms by their CONDITIONS and what they pay as a standard gross rate. NET rates are not the thing to look at, since HMRC has likely been screwed rotten over what they’ve taken out of taxes due to bump up what underneath it all is a pretty lousy basic rate.

I also hold in high suspicion those firms that offer me cash to “recruit any drivers I know”. Why? - Doesn’t this so-called “brilliant logistics” firm (their own words there) sell itself?
If you had an outfit that had entry level hourly rates @ £20ph and you couldn’t get in without a decade of experience across the entire industry, a clean licence, and experience of working all and any shifts over your decade of experience - then - and only then could a firm boast that they have anything near a monopoly on “world class drivers” and the like.
Paying a low basic, and bumping it up with undue tax rebates, and charging for the privilege to boot might fool a whole bunch of people that can’t see where the leak is - but be warned. They don’t pay anywhere near enough compared to what they take off the drivers as “their cut”.

Winseer:
As far as I know, TRG is an American outfit. The top end of the firm are a bunch of fancy suits with qualifications in Law - so they know just how far they can take the ■■■■ without falling foul of it. :angry:

Good to know, I was dubious about posting the apparent link to tesco as I doubted it, but thought there could be an element of truth to it.

karl67:

selby newcomer:

No nick gordon was never a tesco director

Nick Gordon run TRG??

They do tesco at fradley, , girlfriend works for tesco express she said the agency drivers are a nightmare, Trg used to only guarantee 6 hours per shift at fradley aswell.

big changes at TRG recently, I was told with 2 days notice that they were going onto fortnightly pay. No discussions, this is happening, if you don’t like it don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

It didn’t :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ve since spoken to guys who are still with them that the wage slips now come from a different firm (factoring co)

Be very wary because the signs are there…you could be back out of work soon

Cheers for the replies y’all.
I’ll be giving them a swerve.
Agency work suits me,only because personal circumstances dictate that’s the way it has to be.

Involving oneself with this type of activity is never good for the individual.

It seems these agencies are becoming the scourge of the building and engineering trades as well.

James Bateman2:
Cheers for the replies y’all.
I’ll be giving them a swerve.
Agency work suits me,only because personal circumstances dictate that’s the way it has to be.

I have the same situation…although I am also looking at other ways outside the industry

one of the boys on the minimum wage thread stuck this on…like he says …good for a laugh

hgvtraining.co.uk/hgv-driver … stics.html