Suprising what you see on a walk to tescos

On a normal clear day without the white stuff, would you attempt this turn in a rigid?

Come down the road on the left (passed the people on the path), then left turn to head down the road where the red car is?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Well even with the white stuff, certain drivers can’t resist…

Perfectly stuck between the telegraph pole at the back and the railing at the front, after a while we ended up with this…

then a little while later, we had this…

and apparently it wasn’t the first vehicle to hit the railings today, the first one being a car earlier this morning.

Can’t detour from his regular route, he’d be lost!

At least it wasn’t “serious”

Doesn’t look too bad, guess it was going too fast for the icy turn and understeered into the railings?

Grayham:
Doesn’t look too bad, guess it was going too fast for the icy turn and understeered into the railings?

Didn’t see it happen but the people who did said it started to go and the more he tried to fight it, the more it fought back and eventually it won.

Another case of sat-navs having a fight with common sense, and losing :laughing:

I’d turn down there, no problem.
Wait till there is a gap then use all the road to swing round… with or without snow.

Snow ? I’d drive nose down. No snow,- yea as said shouldn’t be a problem if you take care getting a good look at what will be on your left down the side road bfore you start. Problem is if you’re not used to drive that particular sized vehicle. As agency driver you might have driven big artics for months on end and then you get a small 7,5 tonner. Nothing feels right then ! Specially straight turns at T junctions is just very weird. Can get a bit embarrassing actually :blush:

Is that wrecker an FL 6x6 ?

Terry T:
Another case of sat-navs having a fight with common sense, and losing :laughing:

didnt see ANY reference to sat nav :confused: and certainly have never seen a “sat nav” driving a truck :wink:

Suedehead:

The wrecker was the first thing to catch my eye, I belive its a volvo fl12 6x6 military spec, I think it used to be one of these in the link below,

data.primeportal.net/ce/behrens/ … 20SLDT.JPG

without the snow any driver who can’t get round there should send their licence back to the DVLA :wink:

obviously it’s needs a bit of care when it’s slippery :grimacing:

chester:

Suedehead:

The wrecker was the first thing to catch my eye, I belive its a volvo fl12 6x6 military spec, I think it used to be one of these in the link below,

Cheers for that - first time ive seen one as a wrecker.
Cue loads of photos of them :laughing:

chester:

Suedehead:

Cheers for that - first time ive seen one as a wrecker.
Cue loads of photos of them :laughing:

Don’t see why not, snow or no snow. I used to deliver the beer to that pub on the right on a Tuesday morning, which involved reversing down the side of the pub off the one way street (admittedly in an urban artic). Worth it though for a drink and a ham cob off the landlord!!

Cargo-girl:
Snow ? I’d drive nose down. No snow,- yea as said shouldn’t be a problem if you take care getting a good look at what will be on your left down the side road bfore you start. Problem is if you’re not used to drive that particular sized vehicle. As agency driver you might have driven big artics for months on end and then you get a small 7,5 tonner. Nothing feels right then ! Specially straight turns at T junctions is just very weird. Can get a bit embarrassing actually :blush:

Well,You got the Point :exclamation:
As Agency Driver you are familiar with Artics but not with Rigid,and Companies shall drive such Vehicle with own Staff.

lol I used to drive that truck on the agency :smiley:

here She is on happier days… errr Nights even :slight_smile:

gezt:

Terry T:

didnt see ANY reference to sat nav :confused: and certainly have never seen a “sat nav” driving a truck :wink:

Many of the trucks you see going down roads like that are being driven by drivers following sat-navs. I’ve been out with drivers and ended up in all sorts of sticky situations.

No, sat-navs don’t drive trucks (wouldn’t that make our life easier). I said sat-navs vs common sense. The sat-nav will send you the fastest route. Fastest for a car unless you have a truck specific sat-nav, which is where the problems start. The driver should use common sense as to whether he really wants to enter that tight housing estate the sat-nav is telling him to go down. Unfortunately, some don’t.

Lovlyperson:

Cargo-girl:

Well,You got the Point :exclamation:
As Agency Driver you are familiar with Artics but not with Rigid,and Companies shall drive such Vehicle with own Staff.

Well, I have driven both artics and rigids in most of the places I’ve been working for. It’s just that they mainly operate the artics so it’s quite rare you get out in a rigid. And when you do, it’s just a very strange feeling.