Yet another sat nav blunder

Excuse me if it’s been done before but come on would you attempt it ?..bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout … s-36062324

Wow. I can understand getting stuck, but then to do THAT.

One for TNUK CSI I think!! How have they managed to topple over?? Only thing I can think of is travelling at speed but you wouldn’t go down that at any great speed!!!

If that picture is anything to go by you can’t blame a sat-nav for that, it looks more like a dirt track than a lane :open_mouth:

Olivia Beaumont, clerk of the community council, said the stuck lorry had damaged fields

It appears a field hospital is required :unamused:

Claretmac:
but you wouldn’t go down that at any great speed!!!

I’d think twice about taking my car down there.

Interesting recovery operation - nearly as interesting as the call to the TM.

I’ll let other folk mention agency, flips, cyclists and the kiddies. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

HGV drivers could “reasonably be expected to stay on the main road here and use their professional judgement when considering which road is appropriate for their type of vehicle”, the statement added.

Whoever made that statement hit the nail on the head.

HGV drivers are meant to be professionals and shouldn’t need signs erected on every corner to stop them blindly driving a 44t artic down a dirt track. It’s all just a sad indictment of the modern prat-nav following £7.50 an hour ‘professional’ really.

Olivia Beaumont, clerk of the community council, said the stuck lorry had damaged fields.

Damaged fields…what? :open_mouth:

I can’t see how he’s got it in that position? No wonder people look down on us truck drivers :exclamation:

I don’t know why you people use them ? I have used the one on my phone about 2 times in the past 3 years. I have a mate who has his on everywhere he goes, he is talking on the phone to me and I can hear the thing all the time. I ask why the hell do you have that thing running ? especially as it often sends him the wrong way LOL

Photoshop surely, how can you turn a lorry over on a dirt track barely wide enough to fit down and which i’d be wary of taking a Landrover down, that takes a special sort of talent, at one time there were places of safety/refuge for people like this.

If its genuine then our jobs should be safe for a while lads…irony being unless the old bill nick him with an endorsable offeonce, and being a big an idiot as this should be endorsable, this clown can bugger off to work somewhere else tomorrow and do the same again, rinse and repeat.

Juddian:
Photoshop surely, how can you turn a lorry over on a dirt track barely wide enough to fit down

Wouldn’t say it’s photo shopped he’s reached a point which is narrower than his wagon so he’s gone up the bank to his offside and it’s kind of tipped and slid at the same time, as mentioned would of been none too easy getting it out.

More than likely banked over to a certain point, then the load shifting did the rest

Shame we didn’t get a photo of the unit end.