Whoops!

I think someone might have taken a wrong turn!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22043728

P45 in the post, you are sacked. :unamused:

I was going to defend the driver by writing something trite about “we all make mistakes blah blah blah” but on reconsidering I am of the opinion that that is stupidity on a grand scale. You can’t accidently ‘wander’ into them bus routes, it takes a real physical will to do that. Numpty.

Stupidity at its best, can’t even blame it on a European driver.

dear oh dear oh dear, im out of words. i mean how :question: :confused: he must have been doing something else surely

I don’t think that road is open to traffic other than buses. He may have missed the sign and had to go that way. There doesn’t seem to be a “normal” road there.

Yes use a Sat Nav, but also use common sense. In this day and age people lack it

hey up boss dont send me down south again they have only single track roads,

I personally think he knows what he was doing, he’s obviously just gone for it and been found out, simple.

ipswich123:
hey up boss dont send me down south again they have only single track roads,

:laughing:
I bet he was “[zb] bozzin mun, ay sound mun, [zb] sound”

:open_mouth: “Get back on the bus” :unamused:
sheeesh Tha musta tuk a reet wrongun turn there lad. :open_mouth:

Takes some doing that.
Can anyone explain what guided bus routes are, please. Thought that was the idea of a steering wheel and driver. Just cannot see the point of them unless it is to let the driver have a quick kip without the bus stopping.

what is a car trap?

A trap for cars ? :unamused: :grimacing:

Yes the driver should not have gone down it but the question is if it is a busway why did the satnav map maker include the busway on the map?

dowahdiddyman:
Takes some doing that.
Can anyone explain what guided bus routes are, please. Thought that was the idea of a steering wheel and driver. Just cannot see the point of them unless it is to let the driver have a quick kip without the bus stopping.

Yeah iv’e always wondered that. What is the advantage to these things other than the driver does not have to put his hands on the steering wheel…■■ Surely if they wanted a private road for buses they could just build a road but ban all other traffic.

Makes no sense to me.

I remember reading about this been built. Its a former railway line, so how did it appear on his sat-nav. just noticed the cost of the build, £150 million for a couple of buses an hour to take a short cut, any wonder the countries in the brown stinking stuff

bazza123:

dowahdiddyman:
Takes some doing that.

Yeah iv’e always wondered that. What is the advantage to these things other than the driver does not have to put his hands on the steering wheel…■■ Surely if they wanted a private road for buses they could just build a road but ban all other traffic.

Makes no sense to me.

There’s guide wheels on the front corners of the buses than hug the kerb, well thats the way it was tested up here in Newcastle about 10 or more years ago

dowahdiddyman:
Takes some doing that.

It’s the biggest ■■■■■■■■ I’ve ever seen; this one used to be a disused railwayline. When they decided to make a connection towards Luton they REMOVED the exist railtracks and built a concrete path for buses, althogh the local paople were protesting again this madness… :frowning:

Oh yessss, i see the future, guided truck routes covering the whole of the country, then i can eat my breakfast and read my paper without having to glance upwards every few seconds and correct my steering,