Sunday Working

I,ve been on nights running Monday to Friday. I,ve just been informed that the customer wants to change it to a Sunday to Thursday run. I was asked if this would cause me any problems and being a flexible sort of fella I said no its OK … As long as I get Sunday rate for Sunday work. That did,nt go down well. Personally I dont think I,m being unreasonable. I go to work to earn money not for the fun of it.

Sunday Rate■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Long gone.

Seems fair and reasonable, I’m working this coming Sunday and will be getting Sunday rate, double time. I’m not actually that bothered but if that’s what they want to pay me I aint going to argue. :wink:

Has it? I,m sure they will find some keen soul to do it then.

i’m on sunday/thursday nights n i don’t get sunday rate but i do get double bubble if its a bank holiday as we don’t work 'em unless a depot wants a delivery

If you didnt get a saturday rate for running into sat morning on friday night shift then I dont think you’ll get far asking for a sunday rate when it runs into monday. Just the way I would see it anyway, and now you have Friday and sat night off surely thats better? :confused:

OllieNotts:
If you didnt get a saturday rate for running into sat morning on friday night shift then I dont think you’ll get far asking for a sunday rate when it runs into monday. Just the way I would see it anyway, and now you have Friday and sat night off surely thats better? :confused:

You should expect to be paid at the rate you start the shift on. Sunday night so Sunday rate.
If people wanna work weekends for normal rate then more fool them :laughing:

Seany:

OllieNotts:

You should expect to be paid at the rate you start the shift on. Sunday night so Sunday rate.

I know what you mean, and I wouldnt want to work weekends at all these days no matter what the money :smiley: I dont need to, but know it is good to show willing for employer so it would be a favour more then for the money I like the weekend too much. My dad used to do sun-thurs pn nights and had same rate through.

I run Sundays occasionally, our lot are kind enough to give us a Day Rate if we put over 3 hours driving on the card running out.

I usually run either up to Lockerbie if i’m going that way or Waltham Abbey if i’m going that way, with the night out i get £101.75 for 4 hours work on Sunday.

One thing to be carefull if you do work Sunday is watch your 90 hours Fortnightlt driving, your first shift of the new week (In your head, i.e the Sun) still counts towards the previous fortnight. :laughing:

the customer wants so no problem the customer pays
your wages are only a minor part of the cost

its the way of the world,i was told a few of our mon-fri lads are leaving but no-one can have those shifts :unamused: :unamused: , you can only have a shift that has 1 or 2 days of the w/end in it i.e sun-thurs,tues-sat.
as for pay we get a bit more for sundays but not the x2 it should be[but like i was told other day not every driver gets free CREAM CAKES at the end of the sunday shift :unamused: :unamused: :frowning: :frowning: ,
it does make you wonder though when they pay 14.34 p.h on a sunday cleaning at the local hospital, and you only get 10.50 p.h :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Seany:

Quite so Seany.

Gaz:
I run Sundays occasionally, our lot are kind enough to give us a Day Rate if we put over 3 hours driving on the card running out.

I usually run either up to Lockerbie if i’m going that way or Waltham Abbey if i’m going that way, with the night out i get £101.75 for 4 hours work on Sunday.

Not so bad for the 4 Sunday hours but but it means the normal day rate must be p poor. How much an hour worked does it equate to on a weekday?

ady1:
it does make you wonder though when they pay 14.34 p.h on a sunday cleaning at the local hospital, and you only get 10.50 p.h :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That’s basic day rate isn’t it?

The problem with this industry is that when a co. advertises a C1 job paying £7 an hour some schmuck goes and takes it!

I believe that if you are claiming unemployment benefit ,that your claim is from monday to friday.these are normal working days.satuarday and sunday are outwith normal working hours and should always be paid as such.I wouldn,t work sat/or sun for normal rates.

Driveroneuk:
The problem with this industry is that when a co. advertises a C1 job paying £7 an hour some schmuck goes and takes it!

helloooo

We get the same hourly rate for all hours,day or night,monday to sunday,except bank hols which are double bubble,sounds crap but the hourly rate is worth it :wink: