Would you expect

Bank Holiday rate if you are starting before midnight (2300) tonight.

I get paid day rate, was off Saturday, Sunday and today, I know the lads that worked today we’re on Sunday rate (bank holiday rate). So just wondering if I should chance my arm and complain next week when it’s paid at standard rate?

I wouldn’t go in if I was getting paid less than my sunday rate (Double Bubble)

Then again, I would never start at 2300 any day, unless it was at sunday rate. What a ■■■■ start time.

trubster:
I wouldn’t go in if I was getting paid less than my sunday rate (Double Bubble)

Then again, I would never start at 2300 any day, unless it was at sunday rate. What a [zb] start time.

On fridges mate its one of the better start times, if I do a 15 starting at 6am and I get a day run, not only will I earn less, I’ll also not see my kids/wife. At least this way doing a 15 I’m dome by 2pm at the latest. Anything after 2am is no good for me!

No traffic, just road closures :unamused:

YES.

Double Bubble… I wish it works out at x1/3

NewLad:

On a SUNDAY? 1+1/3

They saw you coming :unamused:

trubster:

NewLad:

On a SUNDAY? 1+1/3

They saw you coming :unamused:

They didn’t, I don’t work Sundays… Or Mondays :sunglasses:

I wouldn’t expect holiday rate no and I wouldn’t be making a big deal out of it myself if it’s a one off but each to their own.

Just to add, for me it would also depend on the company and weather or not they have a habit of taking the ■■■■ but as I said if it’s a once off i would just put it down to bad timing.

Its the higher rate. Your agency is either no good or your working for a company who are working your agency from behind… Its going on a lot at the moment were companies are trying to dictate rates to agencies and in order to get it keep work the agencies are bowing down to them

Kerbdog:
Its the higher rate. Your agency is either no good or your working for a company who are working your agency from behind… Its going on a lot at the moment were companies are trying to dictate rates to agencies and in order to get it keep work the agencies are bowing down to them

Not on agency buddy, full time. Just never started on a Monday night when it’s bank holiday before, always been 2am.

NewLad:

Kerbdog:

Not on agency buddy, full time . Just never started on a Monday night when it’s bank holiday before, always been 2am.

What does your contract say ?

nick2008:

NewLad:

Kerbdog:

Not on agency buddy, full time . Just never started on a Monday night when it’s bank holiday before, always been 2am.

What does your contract say ?

It says if you work a bank holiday you get Sunday Rate. It doesn’t go into details of how many hours or what time you have to start by.

if you start ON a bank holiday, then you should get that rate imho

We get paid the rate for the start time for the whole of the shift

i.e. Clock in at 23:59 tonight and get B-Hol rate for the whole shift but start at 00:01 and you will only get normal night rate