Weekend Pay

Hi All,
Could someone tell me the law on weekend pay,
I get payed £16.60 less per day less !! for Saturday and Sunday than a weekday,which if I work a 15 Hour day say through Sat or Sunday night is less than the minimum wage :frowning: is that legal.
Can someone advise !!
Thank You…

what does your contract say?

his contract says, your wages are ■■■■■

my contract just states the weekly wage !!
and it also says if I work nights and weekends and which an allowance is payed ie night out allowence, I think…

rob.jonesno1:
and it also says if I work nights and weekends and which an allowance is payed ie night out allowence, I think…

Does your contract give a rate of pay for weekend work and are you getting that rate of pay ?

tachograph:

rob.jonesno1:

Does your contract give a rate of pay for weekend work and are you getting that rate of pay ?

Hi
Hi There,
No it does not give the weekend rate !!and they are paying £16.60 less than a weekday rate, so I am working the weekend for less money than a weekday…

If you’re doing the same hours as you would on a normal weekday then you’ve got a case. If you’re doing less; welcome to the modern world. Guaranteed enhanced rated for weekend working went out years ago.

To any employer 7 days is 7 days. To them it doesnt matter wether you work Fri-Thurs, Mon-Sat etc etc… Only a handful of the bigger players out of all haulage companies UK/Irish will pay extra rates for weekend working. I start every Sat night/Sun morning, dont get any diff from when I work through the week. Its life. If you arent happy you should have A:- Thought about your working days beofre taking the job and/or B:- Sorted out wages etc again before taking the job.

yes we do the same hours if not more at the weekend !!

i can’t get my head round this. sometimes you state that you are paid less on one day, than another, but then you say you are paid weekly.
it’s one or the other. set weekly wage, or paid by the day.
i’m paid by the trip, sometimes it may take 9 days to earn £700, then other runs work out ok and you get £700 for 5 or 6 days. so i work out my earnings over the month, divide it up, and it works out to about £600 per week after tax.
just take the rough with the smooth.

limeyphil:
i can’t get my head round this. sometimes you state that you are paid less on one day, than another, but then you say you are paid weekly.
i’m paid by the trip, sometimes it may take 9 days to earn £700, then other runs work out ok and you get £700 for 5 or 6 days. so i work out my earnings over the month, divide it up, and it works out to about £600 per week after tax.

I get £408 plus £50 bonus Monday to Friday which is £91.60per day and £75 SAT £75 Sun
which works out £16.60 x2per day less for Sat and sun I hope this explains this is before TAX!!
Thank you :smiley:

your daily rate is 81.60. unless you class your bonus as wages. i presume you will get bonus at weekends too? is bonus taxable?

rob.jonesno1:
I get £408 plus £50 bonus Monday to Friday which is £91.60per day and £75 SAT £75 Sun
which works out £16.60 x2per day less for Sat and sun I hope this explains this is before TAX!!

Are you doing less hours? As long as the wage split by the number of hours is more than the minimum wage then there’s not a lot you can do. So as long as you’re doing no more than 12hrs 20 minutes NOT INCLUDING BREAKS then they’re paying you at least NMW. There is no legal right to higher rates of pay for weekends or bank holidays.

If you’ve been employed for under 12 months they can sack you for no reason in case you’re thinking of making large waves.

happysack:
your daily rate is 81.60. unless you class your bonus as wages. i presume you will get bonus at weekends too? is bonus taxable?

I get no bonus over the weekend and we get taxed on the bonus too,
The £50 per week bonus is Mon to Friday only if that makes any sense… :frowning:

limeyphil:

I find this easier, paid for the trips I do… This crap with hourly rates etc etc would rattle my head. Easier to work out your getting £x for going to London, Manchester, Kent etc etc than riding a day out to earn crap hourly rates… The joys.

Conor:

rob.jonesno1:

Are you doing less hours? As long as the wage split by the number of hours is more than the minimum wage then there’s not a lot you can do. So as long as you’re doing no more than 12hrs 20 minutes NOT INCLUDING BREAKS then they’re paying you at least NMW. There is no legal right to higher rates of pay for weekends or bank holidays.

If you’ve been employed for under 12 months they can sack you for no reason in case you’re thinking of making large waves.

I had such a Company
Paid £6.50 monday to friday,and £9.- on Sat,Sun,Bank Holiday and Overtime
Shift was 12 hour day or night and above was O/T
I worked Thursday to Sunday with 12 Hour/Shift. Thursday and friday with £6.50 and Sat+sun for £9.-
We also got a Bonus every week of £50.- if we didn’t came Late,missed a Shift or so.But the Bonus was for the Week,not just Mo to fri
well,wasn’t bad overall,as plenty Overtime