Sunday rates doubled?

Okay, a quick question just wondering whether anyone else has heard this and is proven to be true or whether what I seem to think is a load of bull ■■■■.

What I’ve heard today, as of the 1st of March this year every company (I believe that’s what one of the managers said) has to pay double the hourly rate on Sundays due to something the government is supposedly bringing in. Just wondering whether anyone else has heard or read about it as I haven’t heard a thing on it.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Sniff? Sniff?

jonnytruckfest:
What I’ve heard today, as of the 1st of March this year every company (I believe that’s what one of the managers said) has to pay double the hourly rate on Sundays due to something the government is supposedly bringing in. Just wondering whether anyone else has heard or read about it as I haven’t heard a thing on it.

I believe it, but then I also believe that there are fairies living at the bottom of my garden.

Not heard anything, but I very much doubt it, you would have heard all about it on the news as companies complain about the costs involved.

I think I may be able to be in a position to clear this rumour up for once and for all.

removed

That’s what I thought when I overheard one of the managers talking about it. They were also talking about how the other shift was being changed from 4 on 4 off to 3 on 3 off to eliminate working sundays all together which I found quite bizzare. Thanks anyways folks :smiley: Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only person to believe it was ■■■■■■■■ :grimacing:

Cheers

Questions like this can be answerd by logical thinking. Could any company expect to manage to run on a Sunday if its biggest cost (staff) were on double? How would it work on shifts? Sunday is built into my shift pattern.

jonnytruckfest:
Okay, a quick question just wondering whether anyone else has heard this and is proven to be true or whether what I seem to think is a load of bull [zb].

Cheers

I heard that too.
Think it was on RT Tv

Immigrant:
I heard that too.
Think it was on RT Tv

Moral of the story, don’t watch RT Tv.

jonnytruckfest:
That’s what I thought when I overheard one of the managers talking about it. They were also talking about how the other shift was being changed from 4 on 4 off to 3 on 3 off to eliminate working sundays all together which I found quite bizzare. Thanks anyways folks :smiley: Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only person to believe it was ■■■■■■■■ :grimacing:

Cheers

Working 3 on 3 off wouldnt eliminate working sundays anyway, think about it, work Mon Tues Weds have Thurs Fri Sat off then back in on youve guessed it SUNDAY

Harry Monk:

Immigrant:
I heard that too.
Think it was on RT Tv

Moral of the story, don’t watch RT Tv.

I heard about that too.
But i still like the Idea

jonnytruckfest:
Okay, a quick question just wondering whether anyone else has heard this and is proven to be true or whether what I seem to think is a load of bull [zb].

Cheers

They were talking about the plans how you would do 3 on 3 off and inbetween that or something or other have 7 days off :confused: To think about how he worded it is making my head hurt but if the business is going from working 7 days a week to 6 surely they would end up losing money doing that? Especially when they were telling us today how productivity and efficiency has gone up etc.

Just wanted to make sure as such make sure I wasn’t in for a rude surprise regarding my shift patterns! (Especially seeing as next week is my last weekend for a couple weeks :smiling_imp: )

Cheers

tachograph:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

Not wishful thinking, Having received my wage slip yesterday and even though have paid way too much in tax! (£180 for the month :open_mouth: ) I should be receiving most of that back seeing as I was only paying a few quid each week at my old job for national insurance and tax, I can’t grumble especially for someone my age and nothing to pay out for :slight_smile: Plus I like working weekends, it’s less stressful and generally more relaxing and the satisfying knowledge of my working week ending when everyone else’s has just began :smiling_imp:

Cheers

But Yes,…
If they said so

Perhaps this is all some conspiricy to get drivers to give up one of their weekdays, with the promise “There may be a sunday coming”

Driver: “No problems guv, I’d love some of that”

After about 6 weeks of strangely never getting one of these elusive sundays, the driver realises he’s been put on a 4 day week with a 20% paycut without even realising it!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

jonnytruckfest:
What I’ve heard today, as of the 1st of March this year every company (I believe that’s what one of the managers said) has to pay double the hourly rate on Sundays due to something the government is supposedly bringing in. Jonny :sunglasses:

OOOOOOOOOO cannot see that…in fact wasnt it a while ago on here ,it was pointed out that there is no legal obligation to pay extra…I think ■■?

zeddman:
…in fact wasnt it a while ago on here ,it was pointed out that there is no legal obligation to pay extra…

Correct, no automatic right to an enhanced rate for any day.

last year i think