Stupid friggin mistake today

Well i started working for royal mail through an agency last week and today being my fourth day i made a bit of a blunder, Anyway had to go and collect a double decker across the other side of warrington, i forgot my wagon had one of those booms that swings the suzies left and right (they were absolutley plastered in grease), i drve the whole way to warrington and when i get there i realised the suzies where all hanging of the side, I went to hook up to the trailer and the end connections were all damaged so i couldnt connect up… Back at base everyone was ok about it like, but it was my fault and i held my hands up and appologised which im sure aot of pople wouldn of done… I hope i still get a call for monday as i need work, Accidents happen i suppose, Maybe i should be more careful from now on but i suppose we all get a bit crried away sometimes and forget about the simplest of things…

Safe Driving

wizardofoz:
suppose we all get a bit crried away sometimes and forget about the simplest of things

Amen to that!! :unamused: :sunglasses:

Wizard, if you are not used to working with the suzie booms and had not been shown how they work, then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about, especially working for a co. who’s main business is not that of a road haulage co. (even if really it sounds like you just forgot to stow them). :wink:

wizardofoz:
Well i started working for royal mail through an agency last week and today being my fourth day i made a bit of a blunder, Anyway had to go and collect a double decker across the other side of warrington, i forgot my wagon had one of those booms that swings the suzies left and right (they were absolutley plastered in grease), i drve the whole way to warrington and when i get there i realised the suzies where all hanging of the side, I went to hook up to the trailer and the end connections were all damaged so i couldnt connect up… Back at base everyone was ok about it like, but it was my fault and i held my hands up and appologised which im sure aot of pople wouldn of done… I hope i still get a call for monday as i need work, Accidents happen i suppose, Maybe i should be more careful from now on but i suppose we all get a bit crried away sometimes and forget about the simplest of things…

Safe Driving

You’ll be fine mate, FFS we all get it wrong now and then. I work for them, trust me, you’re probably better than most of the staff. More experience on the road anyway. :laughing:

would r.m be bothered, dont know how there systems work but most firms ive worked for have billed the agency for any damage caused to companys property.a bill for £3,000 was recently sent to a agency for damage caused to truck wash.so if you were stopped from going in id of said it would be more the agency than firm stopping you.
but in this case i wouldnt think theyd bat a eye lid to be honest,cant see youve anything to be worried about

Forgive my ignorance but can someone educate me on the booms?? Im hopefully going into Royal Mail out of Langley on agency in the new year so this would be a good need to know :grimacing: cheers!!!

Driveroneuk:
Wizard, if you are not used to working with the suzie booms and had not been shown how they work, then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about, especially working for a co. who’s main business is not that of a road haulage co. (even if really it sounds like you just forgot to stow them). :wink:

If you have never used them before… just ask how … do not wait to be shown ASK .

That’s technology for you, before all the fancy booms & HSE inspired catwalks we used to forget to hook the suzies up & set off down the road, probably about 3ft into the journey the suzies would fall down & wrap around the propshaft, now that took some sorting out :blush: of course I never did such a thing, I’m a professional :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Forgive my ignorance but can someone educate me on the booms?? Im hopefully going into Royal Mail out of Langley on agency in the new year so this would be a good need to know :grimacing: cheers!!!

It’s just another way to cover the lines in grease. Nothing to worry about, connect up as usual.

just sounds like another fun day at royal mail

gogzy:
just sounds like another fun day at royal mail

they’re all fun days here. :sunglasses:

The new units at Royal Mail no longer have the booms on them as they were more trouble than they were worth. if im correct the company that produced them as even gone out of business, (although I may be wrong). As for the damage, I personally think you’ll be ok but that depends on the manager thats in charge where you are. If you dont get a call it may just be that christmas is over and if its like our place we currently have excess drivers so there wont be alot of agency drivers in there. Also if you didnt have to fill out a accident form for this then your ok.