silly mistake

Just going up to Warwick to pick some pallets up went down the wrong road which had a 13ft 5 bridge at the end luckly there was a left turn just before it as I was runningout of working time decided to park up for 15 mins Iin which a copper goes by in his car never thought anything of it gets to our yard to find they had reported me for going under a low bridge and a 7.5 weight limit what I thought was funny was how do you get a 15 .6ft trailer under a 13.5 bridge complete muppets with nothing better to do also the road I exited from was 7.5 ton with access! So the moral of the story is don’t take any wrong turns !

Great to know our fantastic police forces of this country are keeping one step ahead of serious crime :unamused:

I can’t understand why they didn’t send an Armed Response Unit, Helicopter, Snipers, Dogs & a Victim Support Councillor for this Heinous Crime that you’ve committed/Not.

You clearly wernt thinking of the children!!!
Bury him to the neck and stone him to death!!

I take it the truck was stationary when you saw the Officer Dibble diuve past,?No offence of approaching a low bridge as you would not have got under it.
I would not worry about,he may have reported the weight limit part,but his superiors may bin that idea.
On the flip side of the coin,a court appearance and fine.
Google LorryWatch Bradford on Avon.
They have been collaring drivers for £1000 to £2000 for weight limit offences.

I know the bridge, and the area can be a bugger if you don’t know it, lots of restrictions.

And the police ? they sit outside the headquarters just off the M40 in the layby with a speed gun occasionally

Says it all really.

But he could have turned his car around and had a word with YOU instead of your company. Then you’d be on here exclaiming how out of order he was for giving you a fixed penalty.
I’d rather them call my employer than come and deal with it officially.

m1cks:
But he could have turned his car around and had a word with YOU instead of your company. Then you’d be on here exclaiming how out of order he was for giving you a fixed penalty.

On the other hand, if he’d done that there would have been no misunderstanding about whether he’d gone under the low bridge or not.

m1cks:

Once upon a time it was possible for the police in this country to communicate with the public, who pay their wages, via the method of speech rather than fixed penalty notices.

Own Account Driver:

m1cks:

Once upon a time it was possible for the police in this country to communicate with the public, who pay their wages, via the method of speech rather than fixed penalty notices.

Amen to that. It’s a crying shame those days are gone, we are poorer for it.

My village bobby when i was a young lad was a scary copper.Everyone was scared.No crime.He would clip you around the head.But now they can not touch you.
He was a dog copper, and the dog was just as fierce.

Rhythm Thief:

m1cks:

On the other hand, if he’d done that there would have been no misunderstanding about whether he’d gone under the low bridge or not.

There could’nt of been a misunderstanding about whether he’d gone under the low bridge or not because he’d still got the top 2 feet of his trailer intact

toby1234abc:
My village bobby when i was a young lad was a scary copper.Everyone was scared.No crime.He would clip you around the head.But now they can not touch you.
He was a dog copper, and the dog was just as fierce.

+1
I’m only 25 so I have no experience of this, I used to work with an old guy in his 60’s who used to tell me all sorts of story’s about the old days, one was when he was around 14 he lipped a copper so he took him to the police van and shoved him in the back, there was a couple more coppers in there. They made him empty his pockets, he had a box of park drives on him they all took one, each copper gave him a clip round the ear for lipping and sent him on his way. He went home and told his dad! Guess what!? His dad clipped him too for lipping a copper!!!

When I was a nipper I was terrified of the police, if I ever saw a policeman I was terrified he was gonna take me away and lock me in the “naughty boys home” as it were. That kept me in check!! Police now days arnt allowed to do a ■■■■ thing, it’s all rule this red tape that, it would be much simpler just to give Johnny big gob outside the pub on giro day a good pasting then ■■■■ about arresting him, putting him in a cell, then interview, paperwork, etc etc etc plus the cost of it all!!

Midnight Rambler:

Rhythm Thief:

m1cks:

There could’nt of been a misunderstanding about whether he’d gone under the low bridge or not because he’d still got the top 2 feet of his trailer intact

… although there clearly was, since he was reported to his office by the copper in question. Whereas if the copper had stopped and had a word with him, that misunderstanding could have been dealt with in seconds and no one would have been reported to anyone.

but if the coppers had got any sense at all they could see a 15’ 6" trailer could’nt of gone under a 13’5" bridge so there was no need to stop or report him :unamused:

Is the bridge in question on the A429, coming in from Stratford direction? It has the flashing warning sign that goes off closer to 13’ than 13’5 as I set it off with our hired FM last year.
My wagon will fit under the Budbrooke railway bridge (Warwick parkway station). The wagon is meant to be 12’5 but fits under the bridge 12’6 with loads of room. Same with the 12’6 bridge in Rugby just off the A5.
Cue Albion decrying me for risking it… :laughing:

Own Account Driver:

Yes, this is true, but that was before the Police had “targets” to reach so don’t blame them, blame the bean counters further up the food chain.

Muckaway:
Same with the 12’6 bridge in Rugby just off the A5.

That bridge gets hit a lot by trolley dolley!

Cruise Control:

Muckaway:
Same with the 12’6 bridge in Rugby just off the A5.

That bridge gets hit a lot by trolley dolley!

I had to deliver some flour to a micro bakery (in someones house) near to there, not knowing the area I thought accessing via the A5 would be the most sensible way rather than going through the residential area and upsetting the NIMBYs, so I can understand people getting caught out by it.

Muckaway:
Is the bridge in question on the A429, coming in from Stratford direction? It has the flashing warning sign that goes off closer to 13’ than 13’5 as I set it off with our hired FM last year.
My wagon will fit under the Budbrooke railway bridge (Warwick parkway station). The wagon is meant to be 12’5 but fits under the bridge 12’6 with loads of room. Same with the 12’6 bridge in Rugby just off the A5.
Cue Albion decrying me for risking it… :laughing:

You mean the one on the A425 muckaway?

I went down there once with a double deck trailer, there’s no sign off the roundabout and the 1st warning sign is just after the last junction before the bridge :unamused: