Mistakes can happen!

As one or two of you now, Since last June Ive been working for TDG on the Sainsburys contract, out of Stone. Basically the best job Ive ever had easy work, good money, trucks not too exciting, but that dont bother me. Anyway towards the beginning of November there were whispers that they were setting on. Kept my eye on the notice board, and we were told to get forms from reception. Filled it in and sent it off, after much waiting finally got an interview on December 15th, and it went well I thought. There were a few of us there and we go told that we would find out on Xmas eve. Got a phone call on Xmas eve, recognised the number, and thought “here we go this is it!” However was told that they still hadnt decided, and we would be told first week after the new year. :frowning:

Got through a very busy Xmas, and put the job to the back of my mind. The agency knew we had applied and when I was getting my start times off the agency last Monday, she asked me if I had heard anything, as quite a few other drivers had been told that they were to start yesterday (the 11th), when I got back sainsburys last tuesday the traffic office asked me if I had heard anything, because apparently everyonewho had got a job had been told the day before. Admittedly this didnt look good for me :frowning: .

I got home and phoned HR to see what was going on, and she told me that I had been unsuccesful, that my interview didnt go well, and better luck next time :frowning: I felt gutted and went to bed cos I was doing nights. About 10 mins later HR phoned me back and told me that they were really sorry they had made a mistake, she was looking at someone elses name and that I should have been called on Monday with everyone else, and could I start on the 18th? :smiley:

Anyway my contract arrived, I ve sent it off and start on the 18th :smiley:

Nice one Bug , now how’s about the diary of a Sainsburys driver ■■?

bugcos:
I start on the 18th

Nice one bug :smiley: :smiley:

Do they have any drivers that need training up or assessing ■■? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
Do they have any drivers that need training up or assessing ■■? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

TDG Have their own in house trainers Rog Give them a call it’s always worth it, as TDG Drivers must complete at least 1 full days training towards their 5 Star Training Scheme every year or at least that’s how it was when I worked for them.

spot on good news bugcos…i like a happy ending! :smiley:

Good on yer if your happy, be prepared for long poa’s but should be ok on that job it’s easier than mine :laughing:

Well Done Buggsie :smiley: , I am really pleased for you. It sounds like your New Year didn’t start off to well but already it’s improving. Lets hope that it carries on for you ( and is it Fairycake :confused: ) and you have the best year ever. :smiley:

Well done Bugcos.

I work on the same Business Park that TDG is on in Stone… the one on the right just as you come on to the estate.

Maybe see you around sometime!