Sainsbob's @ Dartford - Driver Shortage?

Is the driver shortage really starting to kick in now we are at “Peak Times”?

I was looking on Driver Exchange and there is loads of jobs there paying really good money, Not sure if I can quote them, so I wont, but they are good compared to some of the rates normally offered (Like Tosco’s £23k PA for stupid number of hours)

I know it is going to be shops around London, but the way I look at it, a job is a job.

They even admit it’s down to the shortage on the job advert

Delivering to Sainsbury’s supermarkets.

Please note that this is not a standard DX site. Due to a national driver shortage arising from CPC requirements, we have agreed to post vacancies for the agency Milestone under the condition that a considerable portion of their margin is passed onto the drivers, meaning that the rate should always be higher than agency drivers at the site.

trubster:

I was looking on Driver Exchange

No there bloody is no shortage, just more agency bs. Are the shelves in any Sainsbury store empty-NO. If there really was a shortage they’d pay 45min breaks, not deduct…!!!

There is no shortage its a con to get free training

‘Driver shortage’; it makes me laugh when someone on here says it. Talk about creating fantasies, and being full of self importance, trubster.

Advertise ADR for 3 months then apply for free training

Are full time jobs working direct for Sainsburys or just an agency getting ready for Christmas. For years I have had texts from agencies I don’t no wanting me to go work there and I live 3 hours away.

Nothing to do with a driver shortage, or the cpc. It’s wages, end of. Pay enough, you get enough

Any REAL shortage might still occur as more and more would-be drivers decide to stack shelves, unload barrels, or do whatever else doesn’t involve getting behind a steering wheel for YTS wages.

The “real” shortage doesn’t become “acute” and “damaging” until yards start having fire sales of trucks - because they can’t get anyone to drive them.
During such a fire sale, any drivers looking to become OD will be laughing all the way to the bank first of course. :bulb:

Don,t Wincanski run the transport out of there, i know that they are working with driver exchange in Rochester for trampers doing bricks and crap the add is also in Polish for ffs job must be bad,

FYI - Driver exchange are Milestone.

Joey R:
Don,t Wincanski run the transport out of there, i know that they are working with driver exchange in Rochester for trampers doing bricks and crap the add is also in Polish for ffs job must be bad,

I think it’s Big Yellow…

war1974:

I knew that, but they run it separately, although the job description says this is on behalf of Milestone

Driver shortage on the agency books more like

trubster:

Joey R:

I think it’s Big Yellow…

war1974:

I knew that, but they run it separately, although the job description says this is on behalf of Milestone

Driver exchange/ Milestone/ Numbermill, all ■■■■■■■ in the same pot. Different names, same crooks.

trubster:

I was looking on Driver Exchange and there is loads of jobs there paying really good money, Not sure if I can quote them, so I wont, but they are good compared to some of the rates normally offered (Like Tosco’s £23k PA for stupid number of hours)

I know it is going to be shops around London, but the way I look at it, a job is a job.

Please note that this is not a standard DX site. Due to a national driver shortage arising from CPC requirements, we have agreed to post vacancies for the agency Milestone under the condition that a considerable portion of their margin is passed onto the drivers, meaning that the rate should always be higher than agency drivers at the site.

Pertemps is looking for Rochester Royal Mail.
£20.- an Hour after 12 Weeks

Immigrant:

Temporary up to Christmas which is 14 weeks away so only 2 weeks at £20 an hour and they couldn’t tell me what the rate was during those 12 weeks :unamused: :unamused:

Immigrant:

trubster:

Woudn’t put me in there by September last year, so I went elsewhere. If you are not in there by the end of september you see, you’ll do 12 weeks from November to Feb and then get dropped before the parity pay kicks in. Not good when ASDA are paying £££’s straight out of the gate for “working across Christmas”. A brand new store has opened right on my doorstep and all.
If Full Time doesn’t claim me by Christmas, then I would seriously suggest that RM over Christmas “ain’t where the money’s at” these days.