Strange stuff this adblue crap

Yesterday i set off with a low loader with a couple of units on it.
The trailer can drag a bit even when you’re not heavy.
I’m down to a quarter tank of adblue so i went to lymm to top up, But some ■■■■■■ had punched the card machine. So no adblue there.
I carried on to calverton, And the load seemed to be getting heavier. “strange, i know”.
This morning i tipped, then ran empty to south wales, It wouldn’t pull too well on the hills even when empty.
I got loaded and headed for Birkenhead, Stopping at M6 diesel on the way. The adblue was just above the red.
I topped up, only after sticking a strong magnet on the adblue nozzle to make it work.
After that it was like driving a different truck. It just launched itself up the hills.
I can’t understand it. There were no emmision warnings or anything else.

My 1st though after reading your post was, is the tractor unit a DAF?
As they have tendancy to drop onto reduced power mode when theres the slightest fault with the Adblue

Did you borrow the magnet from someone’s gearbox? :laughing: Hope you put it back afterwards. :wink:

peirre:
My 1st though after reading your post was, is the tractor unit a DAF?
As they have tendancy to drop onto reduced power mode when theres the slightest fault with the Adblue

It’s a DAF.

DieselDemon:
Did you borrow the magnet from someone’s gearbox? :laughing: Hope you put it back afterwards. :wink:

I took it from my own collection. :laughing:

limeyphil:

DieselDemon:

HaHaHa fair play Buddy, you don’t want to sell one do you? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[pedantic mode on]

actually it is not crap, it is ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[/pedantic mode off]

what’s this magnet trick then? Sounds like something I’d like to know :slight_smile:

darkseeker:
what’s this magnet trick then? Sounds like something I’d like to know :slight_smile:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … ences.html

limeyphil:

DieselDemon:

does that work■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

darkseeker:

Gabor Fuksz off the A30 in Truro

taken from the above link :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

darkseeker:

LOl, interesting, but I meant to do with the ad-blue nozzle?

limeyphil:
It’s a DAF.

your doomed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Though not confirmed, the common consensus is that some of the older adblue crystalises in the tank, making the ECU sense theres a fault with the supply/flow in the adblue tank and reduces the power, then when you top up with fresh adblue it aleviates the problem until the adblue tank level drops again.
theres 2-3 DAF`s in the yard that it happens to regularly

But normally when a DAF goes into reduced power mode, 2 warnings come up on the dash, the 1st looks like its blowing thru a filter (exhaust filtration) the 2nd will state that its gone into reduced power mode. the reduced power mode is meant excellerate, and reduce even more power the longer you ignore the warning, but saying that I`ve run from london to doncaster to get back to the yard, without a huge drop in power

Stick your bottle of ■■■■ in there, nearly the same stuff anyway. :smiling_imp:

DAFMAD:
Stick your bottle of ■■■■ in there, nearly the same stuff anyway. :smiling_imp:

Our renault premiums go from their usual 2400 bhp to what seems like 24 bhp when the adBlue running low. You know its bad when a trolleydolley sail’s past you in a blink of an eye :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush: :blush: :blush:

How much is Adblue per litre at truckstops etc :question: :question: as never fill up at them just at the yard.

2400bhp in a Renault, christ thats beaten Volvos 700 bhp by a huge margin… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

You ain’t far from the truth with the ■■■■ bottle theory - pour water in there she’ll be back up to full
power immediately. Seriously.

K

knowall:
You ain’t far from the truth with the ■■■■ bottle theory - pour water in there she’ll be back up to full
power immediately. Seriously.

K

if it doesn’t have a nox sensor it will run on water :wink: they got wise to that trick and now make it compulsory to fit a nox sensor to all new vehicle’s that use adblue

the reason adblue is used instead of water is because adblue is about 40% ■■■■, 60% water so they save 40% in water, the less water we consume helps the environment etc

plus they can collect more tax from adblue than they can from water :wink: