Urgent - adblue

Hey guys

Got down here to find out tht our pump for the adblue is broken and there’s no other lorries to use. A light has come on in my dash and teres a reduce in performance which I imagine is limp mode. It hasn’t been turned off but I’ve heard people say not to turn it off or limp mode will come on.

I only have a bp and shell fuel card so don’t think these will cover payment of adblue in any services.

Is it safe to turn off? DAF LF 18 tonner

The axor i drive donsnt make jack ■■■■ differance to it if it runs out!
Sorry, not much help i know.

Sam Millar:
Hey guys

Got down here to find out tht our pump for the adblue is broken and there’s no other lorries to use. A light has come on in my dash and teres a reduce in performance which I imagine is limp mode. It hasn’t been turned off but I’ve heard people say not to turn it off or limp mode will come on.

I only have a bp and shell fuel card so don’t think these will cover payment of adblue in any services.

Is it safe to turn off? DAF LF 18 tonner

we have bp cards and we can buy adblue if needed im not sure they are all the same but we can .

go in a bp station and buy some adblue,whereabouts are you ?

Maybe buy a 10 litre drum for about £13 from a garage?

Harry Monk:

Not good advice,think he,s scottish,squeak squeak!,

You should definitely be able to buy at either garage with those fuel cards. Have a hunt around for it though round the stacks of charcoal and screenwash outside as the dozy cashier may not know what you’re on about.

bobbya:

Harry Monk:

Not good advice,think he,s scottish,squeak squeak!,

LOL! I’m at Eccles, Manchester. Someone on my Facebook said they can get adblue with their euroshell card? I’m heading north from here back to Glasgow so anyone know a shell garage from J31 m6 onwards?

The BP card i had last year could only buy adblue at certain filling stations because they are all franchised like mcdonalds,in my case Bilborough services A64 near york,fuel and adblue yes ,Wetherby services A1 not accepted for adblue only fuel.

uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

nearest to you looks like

BP
Moseley Road
Trafford Park Trafford
Greater Manchester M17 1JL

if your already north of there
southwaite services jct 42

Try giving the planners a ring. They may have an idea of where you can buy some

if your coming up the m6 go into charnock richard services you will be able to buy a small drum in there, its a shell station

Not all Euroshell cards can buy adblue Sam. If you are paying cash most of the Shell services have an offer on at the moment 2 x 10l jugs for £20. Normal price is iirc £13.50 each. :smiley:

Seriously,

Sam chill out. Not that you need ad-blue, you can go into gretna services at the border, go into the shop buy a container of the stuff and stick it in.

Personally I’d just drive. It doesn’t “need” anything.

• You use your fuel card.

Could you not have spoken to someone before you took the lorry out? Most vehicle check-lists have fuel levels on. Some fuel cards are fixed at diesel only.

Used to drive a DAF for Sunlight Medical and they used to have to pay to get the yellow light taken off if it ran out of AdBlue

If you’ve got an empty addblue container, fill it with tap water & sling it in the addblue tank, it’ll be fine till you find somewhere convenient to but some.

Ross.

PS the reason I ‘said’ empty addblue container is that you mustn’t use an oil can as oil can damage the system, but a clean container of any sort will do.

Obviously you will wanting to be getting it before you et to j42, im pretty sure theres a few on the way up between 31 and 42 that are bp for adblue, if not then stop at j42 Fleece and fill it.

BP class AdBlue as a ‘lubricant’. I know it isn’t, but the point I make is that if your BP card lets you buy oil, then you can buy AdBlue on it too. If think if there is ‘GB 62’ printed on the front of your BP card, that means you can buy fuel and lubricants with it.

roadrunner:
The BP card i had last year could only buy adblue at certain filling stations because they are all franchised like mcdonalds,in my case Bilborough services A64 near york,fuel and adblue yes ,Wetherby services A1 not accepted for adblue only fuel.

uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

nearest to you looks like

BP
Moseley Road
Trafford Park Trafford
Greater Manchester M17 1JL

Used to use that all the time for my adblue, accepts BP, key fuels, and pretty much everything else.

You’ve also got Lymm truck stop, a little out of your way going back North, but automated.

Rivington Services - on the M61 - also accepts most cards now and does ad-blue.

Hope this helps lad.

the shell eurocard i had could get adblue then got new truck with a different fuel card and called in local garage and they said the new card wasnt able to purchase adblue. my old card has a number 2 after account number.the new card had number 1. was going to argue the toss with garage till i noticed the different digits on card.

Did you find any?