Urgent - adblue

Just P in the tank it works

keebs26uk:

lol I was about to say that!!!

It will get you home haha

keebs26uk:

You have to be one hell of a good shot though to aim it down that little hole… :smiley:

Thetaff:

keebs26uk:

You have to be one hell of a good shot though to aim it down that little hole… :smiley:

I keep getting mine stuck :smiley:

Just fill the tank with tap water, p!ss, orange juice or just about any liquid that isn’t going to burn.
The stuff gets sprayed into the exhaust manifold. Neither the censor nor the engine management system can tell the difference between what’s being sprayed, so long as its liquid.

If your truck runs sluggish with an empty AdBlue tank, it’s because the engine management system has been programed to make the truck run sluggish when the tank is empty that’s all.

I’d be careful of some of the advice on here, fabricating your own coins and sticking them in a fruit machine doesn’t work, on newer trucks some of that technology applies with the added feature of logging fault codes (£££DEALERS£££ like this). You need to read the manual if it’s to hand, most trucks will let you run without reducing power for 200km with an empty adblue tank or until you switch off!

MADBAZ:
I’d be careful of some of the advice on here, fabricating your own coins and sticking them in a fruit machine doesn’t work, on newer trucks some of that technology applies with the added feature of logging fault codes (£££DEALERS£££ like this). You need to read the manual if it’s to hand, most trucks will let you run without reducing power for 200km with an empty adblue tank or until you switch off!

the bit i agree with is:

I’d be careful of some of the advice on here

that bit about 200km on an empty tank is BS. :laughing: :laughing:

like its been said, just stick water in.

limeyphil:

MADBAZ:

the bit i agree with is:

I’d be careful of some of the advice on here

that bit about 200km on an empty tank is BS. :laughing: :laughing:

Not according to the Iveco manual.

like its been said, just stick water in.

I hope you mean de-mineralsed water :slight_smile: , You might’ve got away with that a wee while ago, but some Eurocrat got told Adblue is an electrolyte and it’s very easy to measure the resistance of what’s being sprayed across the catalyst, link that ability to the ECU and it’s EEPROM and you have a happy dealer when you’ve used something other than Adblue. Not only that but the NOx sensor is still in place since the rollout of SCR engines, which if it detects excess NOx in the emissions, engine power will be reduced to around 60% after dash warnings and the vehicle has stopped

dar1976:
Try giving the planners a ring. They may have an idea of where you can buy some

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That is real funny

MADBAZ:
I’d be careful of some of the advice on here, fabricating your own coins and sticking them in a fruit machine doesn’t work,

Putting five pence pieces into German cigarette machines used to work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thetaff:

keebs26uk:

I ran out the other week and all the warning lights were on the dash saying warning Adblue tank empty. And I shot direct in the tank it registered nearly half a tank (had red bull). Got me back to yard

keebs26uk:

Thetaff:

keebs26uk:

I ran out the other week and all the warning lights were on the dash saying warning Adblue tank empty. And I shot direct in the tank it registered nearly half a tank (had red bull). Got me back to yard

did it give the truck wing’s… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

don’t worry the taxi is already here… :laughing: :grimacing:

Harry Monk:

MADBAZ:
I’d be careful of some of the advice on here, fabricating your own coins and sticking them in a fruit machine doesn’t work,

Putting five pence pieces into German cigarette machines used to work. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d forgotten about that - my Dad used to make quite a few quid on the side, exporting 5ps to Germany (and importing CBs back to the UK - shows how long ago that was!)

Gary

bigr250:
If you’ve got an empty addblue container, fill it with tap water & sling it in the addblue tank, it’ll be fine till you find somewhere convenient to but some.

Ross.

PS the reason I ‘said’ empty addblue container is that you mustn’t use an oil can as oil can damage the system, but a clean container of any sort will do.

You cant use water now as manufacturers have sussed folk were doing it

philgor:
did it give the truck wing’s… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

don’t worry the taxi is already here… :laughing: :grimacing:

Here I got your coat too :laughing:

Do we take it from the lack of a response to the simple question “did you get any AdBlue?” means he ran out, the exhaust overheated, exploded, caught fire and burned a hole to the centre of the earth.

That’s a bit exaggerated it wouldn’t burn a hole in the earth, it’s more likely to blow the lorry up and kill alot of people near by