Jeffing' AdBlue

Whats the point?

I still cant understand why its being used, yeah emissions etc but how come Scania and MAN seem to run EGR perfectly well and all the rest of us have to sit there an extra 10 mins filling up another tank of horse ■■■■. Got really riled up today, had to drive down to the local keyfuels garage to fuel up then off to another garage for AdBlue.
:imp: :imp: :imp:

So you’re causing more wasteful emissions looking for an adblue pump? Whoever thought of it never had to do it…

Al

Doesn’t Martin Carroll of Saints call an SGR the add nothing engines?

Go work for Arla, only ‘trained personnel’ are allowed to fill up the Ad-Blue. My dad went in one night, the unit he was given was low, but they told him he wasn’t allowed to fill it up, and the only person trained to do it wasn’t in so they gave him another unit :laughing:

Pain in the balls, the price is also rising rapidly aswell it went up 4pence a litre recently. My depot never has adblue the pump is always dry - it runs out really quick, i need to keep filling up at other depots. I feel like a ■■■■■ :laughing:

The lot I’m on for tonight only allow filling up at the garage across the road, for Diesel. AdBlue isn’t sold there so instead once a week all drivers are permitted to go to another garage, but only on the same day.

Stupid arrangement and logistical nightmare getting all the drivers to be in that place on that one day, must be costing them having to have everyone back, gotta be loosing loads somewhere.

I agree it seems silly. If not all marques are adopting it then get rid of it!

We have an adblue pump and diesel pump in our yard, no problems unless someone forgets to order some more…which happens occasionally :imp:

try filling adblue up at M6 diesel, you could book a 45 break, pumps are cow dung

LEZ Boris Johnson loves it…free money off those smelly poluting trucks!!!

I used to work for a lot who refused digi tachos + adblue, so we were running around in decent but aging motors,
If a job came up that was inside the LEZ he refused no matter what the rate, sometimes he quoted double the going rate saying it was his “Adblue Surcharge” nice idea if the whole country stuck to it,

but there are those who aren’t team players…

Non of our stuff is LEZ ready and the Boss will not entertain adblue, although he can afford both.
I don’t think your Gaffer will be the only one expecting an “adblue surcharge” good luck to them both mate…

Al

C-Kay:
Go work for Arla, only ‘trained personnel’ are allowed to fill up the Ad-Blue. My dad went in one night, the unit he was given was low, but they told him he wasn’t allowed to fill it up, and the only person trained to do it wasn’t in so they gave him another unit :laughing:

How the hell can they train you to use AdBlu :open_mouth: Is there a special school you have to attend. I am waiting for the HGV trainers to start offering Adblu training as part of the 7 hour CPC

Would you listen to yourselves? Team players? Refusing work?

AdBlue isn’t going to go away. Euro 6 emission standards are prob going to have to use SCR & EGR technologies to meet targets. Yes it’s expensive, yes it’s a pain in the arse but it doesn’t have to be either. If your gaffers get a tank/pump installed or even a few IBC’s with taps and a watering can, you can save a fortune in buying in bulk & you won’t have to search for it out on the road.

You will also benefit from a reduced pollution certificate which will bring your road tax down considerably.

I’d rather drive a newer motor with AdBlue and clean emissions than a scrappy old thing belching out fumes.

Why do people fear change? You probably hate the idea of the driver cpc too!

john_costigan:

Not me. I promote training. The bit I am afraid of is that the driver has to pay for it themselves

Wheel Nut:

john_costigan:

Not me. I promote training. The bit I am afraid of is that the driver has to pay for it themselves

Agreed, thay part is less than ideal. Educating drivers isn’t a bad thing at all IMO. There are a large number of numpties in this game. Too stupid to drive IMO.

If adblue is such a good idea why doesn’t Scania and MAN adopt it as well? Luckily they are the trucks my Gaffer buys.

Considering our best contract is ‘with costs’ and we don’t really do town that much I doubt he’s too fussed about LEZ either.

As for DCPC, I’ve got my card, have you got yours? I’m all for training “knowledge dispells fear” and all that…

Best Regards, Al

AlexWignall:
If adblue is such a good idea why doesn’t Scania and MAN adopt it as well? Luckily they are the trucks my Gaffer buys.

www3.scania.com/en/Scania-Euro-6/start/

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … egr-a.html

They will be using AdBlue.

It’s the future and there’s no escaping it.

john_costigan:

AlexWignall:

www3.scania.com/en/Scania-Euro-6/start/

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … egr-a.html

They will be using AdBlue.

It’s the future and there’s no escaping it.

Of course there’s no escaping it, it’s a cash cow for the gvt.

It IS a pain in the harris

You wouldn’t believe the number of people who put adblu in their washer bottle by mistake. The first we hear about it is when they complain their washers aren’t working. Vile stuff.