ADBLUE!!!

Hi

We are due to take delivery of the 1st of our new rigs this week, pics will follow. I have never had to use the Adblue system before and unfortunately my TM has had an untimely accident on his crotch rocket and gone off sick so it’s been left to me to prepare for their arrival.

I’ve organised all the new digital tacho equipment, added them to the O licence, organised parking, signwriting, phone kits, alarms, bridgeclears etc… all the mundane stuff.

I’ve just realised one thing, I haven’t ordered the fuel cards yet. This in itself isn’t too big a deal as we can use the fuel cards from our old trucks for a few days. The question is:

1. Does anyone know a good website with a list of adblue locations?
  2. How do you pay, does it just go on your diesel card
  3. How much does it cost, I think we have 50l adblue tanks

Any help would be gratly appreciated!!

www.findadblue.com

www.adblue4you.com

I know nothing about adblue.
Will it be added to fleet operators bulk fuel deliveries, that are used for all trucks or will it only be needed for the newest trucks?

del949:
I know nothing about adblue.
Will it be added to fleet operators bulk fuel deliveries,

It doesn’t get added to the fuel so I hope not. :wink: :smiley: It is mixed with the exhaust gasses.

mmmmmm sheeps weee

:blush: learnt something new today then!!
Is it an option on new vehicles or is it compulsory?
Reason I ask is that boss has specced new vehicles without auto boxes and I would imagine that he is trying to economise on cost of new vehicles.
the fleet is on a 5 year rollover and is just now reaching the end of the 5 years with the first new vehicles due next month or so.

Our Adblue is supplied in 1000 litre tanks, complete with pump.

Your adblue usage will be something like 3 to 5% of your fuel usage.

Suppliers. similar to ours,in your region are people like - This -

A google search will give you plenty of other potential suppliers, if you want it depot based, rather than buying ‘on the road’.

del949:
Reason I ask is that boss has specced new vehicles without auto boxes and I would imagine that he is trying to economise on cost of new vehicles.
the fleet is on a 5 year rollover and is just now reaching the end of the 5 years with the first new vehicles due next month or so.

With some manufacturers these days I think the auto box is a delete option so changing it for the manual could actually be more expensive. Even if the manual is cheaper over 5 years the auto boxes would save a lot of money due to the better fuel consumption, so going for the manual option to save money would be counter productive.

Kate:
Our Adblue is supplied in 1000 litre tanks, complete with pump.

Your adblue usage will be something like 3 to 5% of your fuel usage.

I was using a DAF XF and it used roughly half a tank of Adblue to a full tank of fuel. The truck was never really heavily laden. It was a standard fuel tank (about 300litres i think ), not sure of the Adblue tank size though. One thing i noticed about it was there was no indication of how much it held, the tank was black so you couldn’t see how much was in in and the filler cap had some sort of blow back device on it so you couldn’t look in and see where it was up to. When i filled it up, the company had it in large plastic drums with a manual hand pumpon the top, i had to leave the ignition on so i could see the Adblue gauge and where it was upto.

Was talking to a Lad yesterday who says they are changing to MAN as no adblue is required, which saves a further £3,000 per year per truck ■■?

A Simpsons Driver BTW

He was gutted coz they sent his New Strallis back because of the additional cost of Adblue

its not ‘on tap’ at moment,but where you can find it the rates around 50pence a litre,if you order a 1000 litre tank to put on your premises you will pay around 38 pence per litre :wink: :slight_smile:

None of our motors seem to have tank sizes that we can see. One of our stralis has a different tank to the others, cos it’s moulded into the catwalk step. Therefore it has to be refilled more often that those with an upright tank. ( Although the driver states it goes faster without adblue in it :unamused: :unamused: Yes, I know, he’s a complete numpty.)

However the usage figures came from DAF’s website,
Here’s the bit I cut ‘n’ pasted for our tipper ted, but I cant find the link at the moment - getting past my bedtime…

How much AdBlue will I use?
As a rough rule, average AdBlue consumption will be about 5% of diesel use. Therefore for motorway driving you will use about 1.5 litres per 100 km.

But as usual, they’re trying to sell ya something so read with large pinch of salt and completley open mind !!

Davey Driver:
Was talking to a Lad yesterday who says they are changing to MAN as no adblue is required, which saves a further £3,000 per year per truck ■■?

A Simpsons Driver BTW

He was gutted coz they sent his New Strallis back because of the additional cost of Adblue

Wewll, if my TGA is anything to go by, they’d be better off keeping the stralis, adblue and all. Same work, same trailers, big difference in fuel economy

TGA 6.5mpg
Stralis 7.8mpg