Strange Combination

Saw an Argos unit today pulling a Somerfield Supermarket trailer.
Is there any connection between the companies?

Davnic:

Both Wincanton i think mate.

Davnic:

the only thing that come to mind is that the contract are done by the same firm

Those Argos units are getting everywhere now, first Homebase trailers now Somerfield… :laughing:
I saw a weird one on the M25 - a Mercedes Econic, nowt unusual in that right?
Except it was a Tescos box van :open_mouth:

Yeah,makes sense.
When ‘Logistics Companies’ run a vehicle in customer colours though,i would have thought they’re under obligation to do that companies work only with the vehicle.
You know what it’s like nowadays,some spotty office ■■■■ who works for Mr Argos would kick up a right stink because one of his units was being used on Mr Somerfields contract.

DAF95XF:
Those Argos units are getting everywhere now, first Homebase trailers now Somerfield… :laughing:

Is that one of the low level entry jobs,usually used on refuse trucks etc.?

Davnic:

DAF95XF:

Is that one of the low level entry jobs,usually used on refuse trucks etc.?

Thats the one!!!
Got level with the cab and thought what the bloody hell :laughing:

DHL run the contracts for both i believe…

Davnic:

They are both Wincanton, and depending where you saw it, the Bridgwater depot has Somerfield and Argos on the same estate. Don’t know why Somerfield would be short of units though … I was in there Sunday and nothing was said about being short of units (or having extra work). Maybe there was a breakdown.

smoker:

Davnic:

They are both Wincanton, and depending where you saw it, the Bridgwater depot has Somerfield and Argos on the same estate. Don’t know why Somerfield would be short of units though … I was in there Sunday and nothing was said about being short of units (or having extra work). Maybe there was a breakdown.

Saw it on the Bodmin by-pass so yes,must have been out of Bridgewater.
Didn’t realise Somerfield work was done by Wincanton.
I occasionally see Somerfield trailers behind silver FM’s so assumed it was Excel.

of course the other reason could be that both unit and trailer have been sold for export?

I’m only guessing that they are both wincanton :blush:
Where I am at the moment, (DHL/EXEL) they are running Argos as well.
Maybe they have an “arrangement” if one firms short of work.
I saw it today down past bodmin. Next time I’m in Somerfield depot I’ll ask.

What are you driving Davnic ? I’ll keep an eye out. I’m in a Daf 18 tonner at the moment, blue curtains. Usually on the A30 about 13.00 joining at Bugle.

I asked in the Somerfield Bridgwater office today, and Argos are run by Wincanton. Apparently “they do a bit for us now and then”. Also expect to see Coop units pulling Somerfield trailers.
Those silver FMs are all 6x2 and they get used for the longer trunks from oop north etc. I had to take over from one guy after he ran out of hours getting down from Grimsby, although that was a DAF, strangely. The everyday trollies are all 4x2s.

So does this mean that we can’t now buy cheap engagement rings from our local petrol station/convienience store?

■■■■ you Wincanton :smiling_imp:

i was in Argos Magna Park yesterday a a proper green Homebase lorry and trailer were getting tipped
or loaded who cares