Argos Drivers

Hi All,

Are there any drivers on here who pull for Argos. I believe Wincantons do the Logistics at most of the RDC’S. The reason for the query is, Argos are opening a new RDC in Darlington soon and I am trying to find out who is going to do the transport. Any Argos drivers heard any rumours?

Regards
Westie

Sorry this is in wrong section. Can a MOD move it for me

done :wink: Denis F

i think exel runs it at bedford. other than that westie i cant help.
some rubbish drops though.

I think Wincanton run the artic side of things and Exel run the home delivery

Take the job, as it’s Argos if you don’t like it you can take it back and get your money back within 14 days no questions asked. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Take the job, as it’s Argos if you don’t like it you can take it back and get your money back within 14 days no questions asked. :wink: :smiley:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

From what I can remember, Excel do the large home delivery type of stuff in Wagon and drags, and Wincanton’s do the delivery to the stores in Artics.

Exel runs the Argos Direct hubs at Marsh Leys, Bedford and Acton Gate, Stafford. Drawbars are used to trunk demount boxes to regional outbases.

As I understand it, Wincanton does the store deliveries using standard artics. But I don’t know much about that side of it.

I was ‘loaned’ to the Argos Direct contract for six months last year. The job is salaried and you’re contracted for 9.6 hours a day Monday - Friday.

C+E drivers were on about £23k / year and C1 drivers about £18k / year for a basic week.

They had a banked hours system in operation - however you never did less than your 9.6 / day. 60 - 65hours per week was more realistic! This meant most drivers could earn thirty-ish grand a year easily.

Don’t know what it’s like there under the WTD. You certainly won’t get much POA on that job! :frowning:

Kit was very basic - and was maintained reasonably well - however not as well as other Exel contracts I’ve worked on - nothing dangerous though. A lot of it was very worn out. The N & P reg Scania 93s had seen better days! It wasn’t Exel’s fault, they could only run what they were given, and maintenance was outsourced to another firm. :unamused:

Many thanks for all the replies and information. I was going to try and get in early with an application but I think I will wait and see what the job entails when they advertise. On 21k for 60 hrs at the moment but that will change now that WTD is with us.

Thanks again
regards
westie

Hello

Exel are opening a new RDC for Argos Direct somewhere around there, doing home delivery. Imagine the work will be the same as described by flying_fenman.

Jon

Welcome to TruckNet UK Sprinter JK :laughing: