Just a quicky, ref Argos

Do they run their own wagon’s and trailors or is it subbied out to 1 of the likes of Wincanton/DHL etc

Cheers G

Broadly all Home Delivery fleet - 7.5 tonners, and the asscociated trunk wagon and drags or artics are operated by DHL.
Store delivery vehicles and import operations are Wincanton.
Regards,

Up here @ Glasgow Eurocentral its TDG although the trailers shipped to Ireland is done by SUBBIES as Argos’s men cant seem to do 2 trips up and down or use there hewad to do chageovers in the middle at about Ayr. Or maybe its to do with booking spaces on the boat?? I know when I used to do it a few of the Argos guys ran down to Forton Services to do change overs…

DHL run the Magna Park depot at Lutterworth but not sure if that’s home delivery or store delivery. One interesting fact I learned on the DHLDCPC course this week is that Argos’ home delivery drivers report the number one cause of slips is apparantly dog ■■■■. They also tend to trip over animals a lot as well.

Wincanton run a fair few depots for them as well, I don’t think they run any of their own directly, all subbed out.

All the ones I see are being pulled by Argos’s units so Im guessing they run their own units

scottishcruiser:
Up here @ Glasgow Eurocentral its TDG although the trailers shipped to Ireland is done by SUBBIES as Argos’s men cant seem to do 2 trips up and down or use there hewad to do chageovers in the middle at about Ayr. Or maybe its to do with booking spaces on the boat?? I know when I used to do it a few of the Argos guys ran down to Forton Services to do change overs…

dsv have had the work taken off them due to running bent and damaging trailers and its tdg-argos again on the cairnryans.
we dont do 2 runs because we stick the the legal speed limit of 40 mph , we get paid 9 hrs at £11.97 p/h…whats the rush ?
so please keep your distance while sitting up our arse getting all frustrated on the A77 .