strange .............

anybody else noticed the marshals brick wagons pulling tesco and stobbie trailers ■■? bit odd that … :open_mouth:

i’v not checked if anyone else has mentioned it cos i cant be arsed … :smiley:

They did the same last year about this time. Its about now that they usually start going quiet but this year they areas busy as ever so can only assume that its a contractual thing with eddie`s.

they do it every year around this time the brick job must dry up and they go work for eddie through to xmas,

i saw two of them this morning and the marshal drivers looked embarressed … they usually deliver bricks and other man stuff not tesco’s … its shopping that is … :blush:

on the subject of strage pullings
i saw an 2 Argos (Wincanton) tractors pulling Wilkos or ex Wilkos trailers

hitch:

Every Argos unit i’ve seen on the M4/5 the last couple of days has been pulling ex wilko’s boxes,in the christmas rush any box van with a tailift will do :wink:

Well I’ve seen one of old Ma Thorpe’s units pulling a Morrison’s trailer!

hitch:

Was at wilko’s last night and the driver in front of me was sent to Argos Corby to swap a trailer, no idea what it’s all about. I’ll see if I can find out next time I’m there…

washy jnr:

hitch:

Every Argos unit i’ve seen on the M4/5 the last couple of days has been pulling ex wilko’s boxes,in the christmas rush any box van with a tailift will do :wink:

You’re scraping the barrel if you need one from wilkos, they look smart because they’ve been painted etc but I’d say 70% are rickety old bags of ■■■!

axletramp:
Well I’ve seen one of old Ma Thorpe’s units pulling a Morrison’s trailer!

If you mean Ernest Thorpes - the “green steel hauliers” … they’ve been subbing on Morrisons for a while … sometimes see them on W/ends.

a few of our trucks normally full fridges for fowler welch for a week or so in the run up to xmas. the notice goes up and a few of the drivers volunteer.

stuff that for a lark.

darkseeker:

hitch:

Was at wilko’s last night and the driver in front of me was sent to Argos Corby to swap a trailer, no idea what it’s all about. I’ll see if I can find out next time I’m there…

I’m not sure if it would be the same as Homebase, because we ordered a chair from Homebase & it was delivered by Argos…so Wilko’s furnitre might be bought from Argos. Just a thought

Arfa:

darkseeker:

hitch:

I’m not sure if it would be the same as Homebase, because we ordered a chair from Homebase & it was delivered by Argos…so Wilko’s furnitre might be bought from Argos. Just a thought

Argos and Homebase are both part of the same company (Home Retail Group)

And I’ve seen Argos wagons pulling old wilko’s trailers out of Bridgwater too :wink:

seen marshalls and ken mallingsons all pulling asda trailers for some time now, and some heavy haulage companys with shopping trailers on. :laughing:

Was loads of Marshalls running out of Tesco goole for Stobart last year thru dec/jan. We deliver Fly Ash to all Marshalls sites and they do go real slack over winter and that has a knock on effect on us,last year i think most of their sites had a month off at christmas cos the yards were full of stock.

dave:
a few of our trucks normally full fridges for fowler welch for a week or so in the run up to xmas. the notice goes up and a few of the drivers volunteer.

I recall that when I worked out of Ketton (around 1996), ‘the turkeys’ kept a few ‘cement drivers’ busy leading up to Xmas.

Volvofh16:
Was loads of Marshalls running out of Tesco goole for Stobart last year thru dec/jan. We deliver Fly Ash to all Marshalls sites and they do go real slack over winter and that has a knock on effect on us,last year i think most of their sites had a month off at christmas cos the yards were full of stock.

Yes Marshalls have been doing Tesco work for several christmas periods.

Knowing where you hail from you may remember H&P trucks pulling lettuce around, or Van Dijk motors doing a bit of De-icing fluid from Haltwhistle :laughing:

i haul bricks 11 months out of the year but it always slacks off this time of year. ive got my unit under a mr. kipling trailer at the mo doing rdc work. i see now why everybody moans about rdc,s. when on the bricks its pretty much up to me when u get your bricks where im going to put them and if i think the site is to bad you wont get them at all ! a bit diffrent with rdc,s eh? :unamused:

EVEN STRANGER!

I have recently seen Heinz wagons (wincanton units with HZ trailers complete with full oxtail soup livery) collecting at Lafarge (plaster & plaster board manufactureres! :astonished: :confused:

Marshalls have 40 units on Tesco countrywide. They come from various depots including Maltby, Sittingburne, Ramsbottom, Halifax, Eaglescliffe, Sawley, etc etc.

The reason being is as stated is because they are quiet this time of year with their own work, and as far as I can ascertain, they are only doing trunking. I know a few of the Halifax lads that are on it, as I do agency work for them. 2 of Marshalls hierachy are ex Stobbies, so it’s a kinda you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.

Ken.