Argos or Homebase

In my car I over took a homebase tralier being pull by a argos unit who bought who out ?

Read about them here

homeretailgroup.com/home/about/history/

Chunky:
Read about them here

homeretailgroup.com/

Thanks. Sorry if this is old news

The Argos motor would have been Magna PK or Castleford cast off

The link says Homebase was acquired in 2002 but its just recently that Ive seen ex Argos motors pulling Homebase trailers :confused:
Didnt it used to be C ■■■■ who had the Homebase contract…?

Trying to save cash, profit was down 24% for the group according to the BBC website last week, apparently Argos units are picking up thier own containers from the docks to save money.

Got a mate who works in distribution at Homebase. They are steamlining their operation, rationalising their warehouse network to save cash. Basically they’re not doing very well financially.

Homebase and Argos are both owned by Home Retail Group so they are probably helping each other out on the transport side of things.

Homebase have been part of Argos for a few years now.

thye are struggling big time and ARG may offload them .

Stobart did win the homebase contract , but sometimes argos units will move a few loads about from time to time.

stobarts only do scottish shops dhl have the contract as for the argos units they are cast offs from faverdale as they had a new fleet of scanias :imp: :imp: and we only have the dafs till they break and then replaced with another one as they have nearly a million ks on the clock yet they still want 9.5 mpg 360hp 38t :laughing: :laughing: we only do a few containers now wincanton do them drop and swap the easy life :smiley: the argos units pulling homebase trailors still sign written will go back to argos when they get busy unsign written ones have finished their time and are spare

pigpen:
stobarts only do scottish shops the argos units are cast offs from faverdale as they had a new fleet of scanias :imp: :imp: and we only have the dafs till they break and then replaced with another one as they have nearly a million ks on the clock yet they still want 9.5 mpg 360hp 38t :laughing: :laughing: we only do a few containers now wincanton do them drop and swap the easy life :smiley:

I wish we did have a fleet of scania’s at faverdale…we only have dafs as well…and 3 merc axors in homebase colours…i go to wellingboro from faverdale every couple of weeks or so… :wink:

DAF95XF:
The link says Homebase was acquired in 2002 but its just recently that Ive seen ex Argos motors pulling Homebase trailers :confused:
Didnt it used to be C ■■■■ who had the Homebase contract…?

Thats going back a bit mate. Charlie ■■■■ ran out of Park farm and SW transport ran out of Swindon on the Homebase contract,there used to be depot at Heywood aswell to cover the North but i regularly done scotch from Swindon.