Stobbies rates

does any one here know what the pay scheme at Stobarts is. I know what it looks like but i am getting a little peeved off with the place im’ at at the moment and if things dont get better soon i will be either doing time ( which won’t go down to well with 'er indoors) or something equally rash. Now i know that there is plenty of places to go but stobbies are always looking and you can pretty much choose the job i am led to beleive. Im after mon-fri tramping but it’s the study time at night i need and less hassle from the ■■■■■■ in charge.

So whats the cash situation there if you know let me know will ya ta

Can’t anyone on LDF tell you? :grimacing:

wots ldf

bigandy:
does any one here know what the pay scheme at Stobarts is. I know what it looks like but i am getting a little peeved off with the place im’ at at the moment and if things dont get better soon i will be either doing time ( which won’t go down to well with 'er indoors) or something equally rash. Now i know that there is plenty of places to go but stobbies are always looking and you can pretty much choose the job i am led to beleive. Im after mon-fri tramping but it’s the study time at night i need and less hassle from the [zb]'s in charge.

pretty much guarantee you wont get monday- friday tramping most jobs that are going at stobarts or offered externely are weekends eg. thurs-tues, the shift your after would get filled by current drivers who are sick of working weekends, i no the lads at stoke who worked the weekend shift were taking home over 600 pw, new drivers get the lower rate and dont get the driving bonus of which i have no clue of what it is am sure ady1 would be able to tell you, plus you get 13 quid odd per day for dinner and night out around 22
so if your tramping i would suggest you will average around 520 in the bank for normal working week if your working week includes the weekend then 600+
and now you have asked the question expect to have alot of none informative replys off people who simply dont no just though id pre warn you

commonrail:
wots ldf

Its just another forum like this one except it is ■■■■ poor in comparison.

merc0447:

commonrail:
wots ldf

I beg to differ.

Thetaff:

merc0447:

commonrail:
wots ldf

I beg to differ.

Seconded.

The LDF is a lorry drivers forum for drivers with a life outside of cyberspace .

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Thetaff:

merc0447:

commonrail:
wots ldf

I beg to differ.

Seconded.

The LDF is a lorry drivers forum for drivers with a life outside of cyberspace .

I dont understand what you’re implying? Are saying drivers base their decision to join a forum based on their personal lives?

I took a look at the pdf it was dead, had another look just now and it is still dead. This forum gets more footfall = more discussion.

The whole point of a forum is discussion, no?

Also the layout is murder on the eyes! The only good thing is you can say sweary words like ■■■■ , ■■■■ , ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

merc0447:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Thetaff:

merc0447:

commonrail:
wots ldf

I beg to differ.

Seconded.

I dont understand what you’re implying? Are saying drivers base their decision to join a forum based on their personal lives?

Yep,

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
Yep

So you choose this forum because you don’t have a life? I choose this forum cos the other one was a ghost town, my personal life really didn’t come into my thinking on the matter :confused:

LDF is the bomb for a good waffle!!!
Anyway back to thread!! Dusty is right above all of it!! And if you worked out of Aveley like I do you also get London weighting money at £25.00 a week. Lower pay rates are for new starters for the first 12 months so I was told!!

merc0447:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
Yep

So you choose this forum because you don’t have a life? I choose this forum cos the other one was a ghost town, my personal life really didn’t come into my thinking on the matter :confused:

No my post count says I have a life . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dustylfc:

bigandy:
does any one here know what the pay scheme at Stobarts is. I know what it looks like but i am getting a little peeved off with the place im’ at at the moment and if things dont get better soon i will be either doing time ( which won’t go down to well with 'er indoors) or something equally rash. Now i know that there is plenty of places to go but stobbies are always looking and you can pretty much choose the job i am led to beleive. Im after mon-fri tramping but it’s the study time at night i need and less hassle from the [zb]'s in charge.

pretty much guarantee you wont get monday- friday tramping most jobs that are going at stobarts or offered externely are weekends eg. thurs-tues, the shift your after would get filled by current drivers who are sick of working weekends, i no the lads at stoke who worked the weekend shift were taking home over 600 pw, new drivers get the lower rate and dont get the driving bonus of which i have no clue of what it is am sure ady1 would be able to tell you, plus you get 13 quid odd per day for dinner and night out around 22
so if your tramping i would suggest you will average around 520 in the bank for normal working week if your working week includes the weekend then 600+
and now you have asked the question expect to have alot of none informative replys off people who simply dont no just though id pre warn you

Nice one pal. So the Mon-Fri stuff is all stiched up by the TV stars with the rest going to the new boys ■■?

Ark-Angel:

dustylfc:

bigandy:

Nice one pal. So the Mon-Fri stuff is all stiched up by the TV stars with the rest going to the new boys ■■?

maybe where dusty works, has worked,this applies but not at our depot it doesnt, they recently but on board request for any driver on tues-sat shift whod like to transfer onto mon-fri shift to contact them as they had too many driver on a saturday,anyone on that shift could apply whether 3 yrs service or 3 days, i know of one who only been there for 3 months whos now on mon-fri, i know some with 3 yrs service who are still on tues-sat :exclamation: :exclamation: ,as far as i know it was 1st come 1st served,i also know of a lot who started on thurs-mon,fri-tues who have gone onto sun-thurs-tues-sat,only one day at w/end not two,again first come first served

Rob K:

this from the member who went off topic in the first place ■■?

good to see your still a ■■■■ rob :grimacing: :grimacing:

bigandy:

Rob K:

this from the member who went off topic in the first place ■■?

good to see your still a [zb] rob :grimacing: :grimacing:

:grimacing: :grimacing: I like to start the ball rolling then disappear and watch from a distance.

Shunters are on the best crack. 5 years ago I was on £28k for a 44hr working week. Set hours, you know when you’re starting and getting home and cos its 4 on, 4 off your holidays stretch further.

Ark-Angel:

dustylfc:

bigandy:

lol to be honest i think the lads off the programme are far from drivers anymore from self bewilderment and other driver ridicule there either signing autographs or planning routes on facebook so spotters can sit in there cab, the others are probably in hiding or under therapy, at the moment stobbies is slow in comparison to its usual busy schedule, it also depends on the type of work you do i have no idea on the fridge side of things, but i can tell you that the only shifts i see include the weekend as for me i work sun-thurs which i find the best shift 4 of my days could be long hours but my last shift is mostly an easy shift and a run back to the yard with a load, as i work nights i get home handy on the friday morning usually early hours so get home get some kip and have all day fri,sat and back in sunday night so sunday is a lazy day too

Conor:
Shunters are on the best crack. 5 years ago I was on £28k for a 44hr working week. Set hours, you know when you’re starting and getting home and cos its 4 on, 4 off your holidays stretch further.

then its gone down hill, :exclamation: :exclamation: ,our shunter does 5 days ,6 days[days o/t],10 hr shifts, im sure hes tues-sat and i saw his week 52 pay slip and that was £29,000,so there[he] are now working a day/2 p.w more, 6 hours +o/t hours for £1,000 more than they got 5 yrs ago :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: