stobart

hi all probably had all this before,had a phonecall to go for assesment with stobarts.when i got home had email with rates of pay £7.20 p/hr are they takin the ■■■■ or what.

you can look at the hourly rate or you can look at the take home p/w which is £500+ When tramping

They pay the same if not a little more than most big firms. I don’t see why people get so hung up on it tbh.

From what people say on here the kits good and the jobs a doddle. When my current gig ends i’ll definitely be applying.

dont like the t&cs then dont go simple really

sonny pruit:
hi all probably had all this before,with rates of pay £7.20 p/h

x million

Not bad it’s Saturday and 1st post of week slagging Stobarts and that’s for paying same as most others. at Goole they used to pay £7.40 but now agencies are paying £10.30 per hour.

And I thought my day rate converted into hourly rate was gash!

I couldn’t work for that, it’s neigh on slavery!

maga:
From what people say on here the kits good and the jobs a doddle. When my current gig ends i’ll definitely be applying.

Because having a new motor rented for you every 3 years put scran on the table and clothes on the kids back!

i deffinately wont be goin,not much more than minimum wage.£500 a week take home, £100 of that will be your night out money which i dont class as wages.i dont get this it doesnt matter what hourly rate your on so long as you take £500 a week home so youd workfor say £5 an hour as long as you take £500 a week home.i think id rather do 60 hrs at £9 than £7 an hour.no wonder these firms are payin crap.

NewLad:

maga:

Because having a new motor rented for you every 3 years put scran on the table and clothes on the kids back!

£500+ p/w… Same as most of the big players. Its just a bonus they run decent kit.

Guess you’re one of those that would rather an extra 20p a week and drive an erf EC12. completely forgetting when you finish you feel like you’ve done a week down the mines.

Take home pay for 5 days Mon to Fri with 4 nights, approx 68 hours, puts about 600 in your bank account.

My lad works as a day driver for them Tues - Sat. He takes home between £490 and £530 a week depending on the hours. He works hard but then who doesn’t in the Haulage business? He’s only 21 and no one else would give him a chance.

maga:

NewLad:

maga:

£500+ p/w… Same as most of the big players. Its just a bonus they run decent kit.

Guess you’re one of those that would rather an extra 20p a week and drive an erf EC12. completely forgetting when you finish you feel like you’ve done a week down the mines.

No mate, I’m paid a day rate, if I do maximum hours yes it’s rubbish around £7.80hr, I’d never work for a company on a 40/50hr contact on £7.20 an hour because when the work is slack or your on holiday, you getting paid £300 a week. If I was on hourly rate it’d have to be £9ph+ minimum.

My jobs recently changed, I’m away all week now I only do between 50 and 65 hrs depending on if it’s 5/6 days.

Oh and I drive a 62 or 13 plate Actros, not hired/leased either, for what it’s worth.

Kaptain:
My lad works as a day driver for them Tues - Sat. He takes home between £490 and £530 a week depending on the hours. He works hard but then who doesn’t in the Haulage business? He’s only 21 and no one else would give him a chance.

Fair play, tell him Stobarts ain’t hard work though!

That’s [zb] FLASH DASH NO CASH ! + I wouldn’t want to spend my day waving at old sad o’s on bridges with nothing better to do that take photos of trucks that all look the same the whole thing just makes me cringe… I drive class 2 ro-ro for a metal recycling company I’m on £9 p/h + overtime rates of either time and a half or double time depending on what I’m working + a £50 monthly bonus just for turning up and I drive a 63 plate DAF not the best truck but it’s good enough for me I can hit £450+ a week with no nights out … so stop arts are crap in my opinion

samstone90:
That’s [zb] FLASH DASH NO CASH ! + I wouldn’t want to spend my day waving at old sad o’s on bridges with nothing better to do that take photos of trucks that all look the same the whole thing just makes me cringe… I drive class 2 ro-ro for a metal recycling company I’m on £9 p/h + overtime rates of either time and a half or double time depending on what I’m working + a £50 monthly bonus just for turning up and I drive a 63 plate DAF not the best truck but it’s good enough for me I can hit £450+ a week with no nights out … so stop arts are crap in my opinion

^+1 and that’s for driving a oversized van! :laughing:

happysack:
Take home pay for 5 days Mon to Fri with 4 nights, approx 68 hours, puts about 600 in your bank account.

68 hours for £600? No thanks. I’d rather have 55 hours per week for the same money, and drive something 10 years old.

Takes all sorts I suppose. One half on here reckon we do too many hours and should have more rest & the other half thinks £7 odd per hour is great as you can work 68 hrs a week!
Don’t know where the average is around £7.40 but I’ve not worked for that around the north east for 12 years,I wouldn’t even look at it now.
Happy to work for peanuts as long as I get a shiney wagon, and we blame the foreigners for our problems, don’t make me laugh.
If they were any good to work for they would pay a decent rate up front without all the bonus guff.

No idea where all these ‘high’ paying jobs are? Down here in the south getting ever near £500 a week take home or otherwise is good going. Be nice to find a better paying but they are few and far… At the moment a job is a job after all.

it makes me laugh how stobarts are always bashed yet they pay no worse than the other big boys.

maritime for example I’ve never seen them bashed. everyone goes on about good money and a great firm but you’ll work for it, they then add “£600 take home”. Virtually the same as Stobarts come the end of the week.

For what its worth i drive a Peugeot boxer van for much more p/h than stobarts are paying and get put into a hotel every night but that doesn’t mean they’re a bad company to work for.

I work for a so called big boy frim and we get just short of £10 per hour days and time 1/2 after 9.5 hours and also just taken a lots of work of Stobarts so don’t say it’s all they can afford to pay they just pay crap