Stobarts rate of pay

Just looked on there site and advertising casual drivers all areas and shows rates of pay they seem very good now the question is are they the same rate for full time or do they shove them up for the casual workers to entice them

There was a stobby driver that scanned his payslip the other week, its on here somewhere.

About £7.80ish ph, 8.60ish ph nightshift and other bonuses if I remember right.

That’s pretty awful. I’d have thought such a high profile company would pay their drivers at least a decent wage.

Malky80:
That’s pretty awful. I’d have thought such a high profile company would pay their drivers at least a decent wage.

Oh dear… here we go again… round #37

Oh no, not again.

Adyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, wage slip please

Rob K:

Malky80:

Not sure what you mean m8 :confused:

Malky80:

Rob K:

Malky80:

Tell us some high profile companies offering a decent wage that are taking on, hows that? Show us some alternatives to what you are deriding?

I’m a Class 1 driver, but i only drive Class 2 lorries in my current job. The above mentioned wage is £166 per week less (based on 48 hours), before tax, than i’m on although i’m salaried. I wouldn’t recommend anyone work for the company i work for though.

If the above wage is accurate, then i’m genuinely suprised that Stobarts are paying less than the company i work for. We’re Monday to Friday too, so i guess i just expected Stobarts to be better payers with them doing shift work, weekends, driving Class 1 motors and the high profile of the company.

Is that the going rate accross the industry?

This is what’s on there to save having to look

We have a number of flexible driving vacancies for professional LGV C + E (Class 1) casual drivers to support the business across the UK.

We have various shifts available at this time paid at the below hourly rates:

Monday-Friday Days - £9.50

Monday-Friday Nights - £10.50

Saturday Day shift - £11.50

Saturday Nights - £13.50

Sunday - £12.50

Kirk Ella 71:
This is what’s on there to save having to look

We have a number of flexible driving vacancies for professional LGV C + E (Class 1) casual drivers to support the business across the UK.

We have various shifts available at this time paid at the below hourly rates:

Monday-Friday Days - £9.50

Monday-Friday Nights - £10.50

Saturday Day shift - £11.50

Saturday Nights - £13.50

Sunday - £12.50

And the OT rates are ? per hour?

NTSA!!! :wink:
There is no overtime rate for casual drivers! :wink:
How many shifts per month do they guarantee?

dessy:
NTSA!!! :wink:
There is no overtime rate for casual drivers! :wink:
How many shifts per month do they guarantee?

That’ll be 0 mate, hence casual.

It’s those new 0 hour contracts that’ve been going around for a few years, 1st time I came across it was Roadways a few years ago, and we did well out of it tbh until January, no work, no hols (hols ran Jan - December with no carrying over aloud) and no money, so I ■■■■■■ off back on the agency.

Malky80:

Rob K:

Malky80:

The boards are a dig at stobarts mate, the wages, the elf suits, the arrogant attitude etc…
It’s all been said soo many times.

Now, the wages look ■■■■, but then there’s loads of stuff like £13 per day meal allowance tax free etc that makes the wages up, the average take home for stobbies is about the average take home for trucks in general.

bubsy06:
Adyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, wage slip please

i hate to dissapoint you busby so heres last 2[would scan but no good with p.c ]so this will have to do :wink:
week 24
desc u/t rate cash
d/s/b 4 5.00 20.00
m/a 4 13.00 52.00
hol/p 82.50
mo-fri[06.00-18] 20.25 7.75 156.94
mo-fri[18-06.00 4.25 8.67 36.85
sat-day[00.01-15] 10.00 10.10 101
sat-day[15-06] 2.25 11.63 26.17
sun-day[06-06] 9.25 11.12 102.86

gross=578.32
tax=76.40
n.1= 46.48
pens=25
net=430.44
week 25
desc u/t rate cash
d/s/b 6 5.00 30.00
m/a 6 13.00 78.00
mo-fri[06.0-18] 41.25 7.75 319.69
mo-fri[18-06] 5.75 8.67 49.85
sat/day[00-15] 11.00 10.10 111.10
sat/day [15.00-06 4.00 11.63 46.52
sun hrs 14.00 11.12 155.68
gross 790.84
tax 113.80
n.i 68.86
pens 25.00
net 583.18
to the o/p, this is the problem with a low hourly rate,its fine when your banging in 70/80 hrs but if your down to 50 odd its zb,take a weeks holiday pay
50x 7.75= gross 387.50 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:
ive had a good run,every hour,o/t ,w/ends but when it commes to a flat week its a reality check,when you have a few then its time to start looking for something else :exclamation: :exclamation: ,as for casual no idea,one tells you one thing,another tells you something else.best of luck whatever you decide

Cheers Ady I was just asking as I have a drive and interview on Wed and noticed this on there site and wondered the difference in rates thanks

Kirk Ella 71:
Cheers Ady I was just asking as I have a drive and interview on Wed and noticed this on there site and wondered the difference in rates thanks

if i came over as trying to put you off im not :wink: ,its just best to work on minimum
50x 7.75
5x 5.00 d/b
5x 13.00 m/a
gross 477
then if you get some o/t,extra hours its a bonus,not a necessity,i got in that frame of mind it was 6/7/800 p.w,when you see a 4 at the beginning it is a :open_mouth: [reality check.]
i always say ask lads at goole,sure some about,they should put you in picture of what there averaging

ady1:

Kirk Ella 71:

if i came over as trying to put you off im not :wink: ,its just best to work on minimum
50x 7.75
5x 5.00 d/b
5x 13.00 m/a
gross 477
then if you get some o/t,extra hours its a bonus,not a necessity,i got in that frame of mind it was 6/7/800 p.w,when you see a 4 at the beginning it is a :open_mouth: [reality check.]
i always say ask lads at goole,sure some about,they should put you in picture of what there averaging

How can getting more than 60 hours be a bonus I’ll be well hacked off doing that many hours.

Seriously can we not have one pinned thread all this stobart pish could get put in :neutral_face:

merc0447:
Seriously can we not have one pinned thread all this stobart pish could get put in :neutral_face:

Now that’s a mighty fine idea, it could go in below the Euro section. :bulb:

merc0447:

why are you reading it if your not intrested[thick truck driver spring to mind],kirk wanted some info on wages at stobarts,so ive tried to help him, with the ins and outs of it,whats so zb wrong with that,THATS WHAT YOUR MEANT TO DO HELP OTHER DRIVERS,were not all selfish ■■■■■ who just think of no1,some of us help others if possible,id hate to think he has mortage,mrs,kids,10 rabbits,5 cats and hes counting on earning 7/800 p.w,when he could be earning 4/500 p.w.
BUT IN FUTURE TAKE THIS ADVICE,IF IT SAYS STOBARTS JUST DONT READ IT,ITS SO SIMPLE,BUT SO MANY SEEM TO FIND IT SO HARD,■■■■ FOR BRAINS :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: