Stobarts..Day work Info Please

Hi, Does anyone on here Work for Stobarts on Day/Night work
Mon/Fri or Sunday /Thurs…Any info please.Good or Bad.
Thanks.

i do night tramping sun-thurs

dustylfc:
i do night tramping sun-thurs

Just had phone call for interview on monday for work out of Truckstop at Carnforth

ive only met one driver on my travels from there, and he was having a moan because he was getting pushed i think your planned from carlise, if you prefer doing day work expect to be pushed nights isnt usually as bad, tramping is alot better but alot of drivers dont like to be away from home, i dont no the set up from the truckstop ive never been but usually the interview is within an assessment so they may have you doing that just to pre warn you, i would phone just to find out you dont wanna turn up un prepared. the assessment is questions and a drive out and usually trailer drop or pick up but again it may be different from we you have applied, i just thought id give you a head up.

noooo stay well clear of Edward ■■■■■■■■■
if you drive a reliant robin or sinclair C5 then go for it :laughing:
or you into polishing cabs and think they polish the trailers too?? :confused:

driver2012:
noooo stay well clear of Edward [zb].

another stupid reply, my cab is always rotten (on the outside) the lads in the yard clean mine when am off, i forgot to warn you about these posts you will get a good handful of them usually off people who slag off the wages and only take home a boys wage themselves, expect the quote a person flipping burgers earns more or a shelf stacker, neither are close, oh dont forget in your interview you may have to sit on a casting couch for the tv series, just go the interview if you dont think its for you then you then refuse the offer. dont be fooled by peeps on here that say they earn said ammount its all tosh, most have failed the assesment at stobarts

dustylfc:

driver2012:

another stupid reply, my cab is always rotten (on the outside) the lads in the yard clean mine when am off, i forgot to warn you about these posts you will get a good handful of them usually off people who slag off the wages and only take home a boys wage themselves, expect the quote a person flipping burgers earns more or a shelf stacker, neither are close, oh dont forget in your interview you may have to sit on a casting couch for the tv series, just go the interview if you dont think its for you then you then refuse the offer. dont be fooled by peeps on here that say they earn said ammount its all tosh, most have failed the assesment at stobarts

Dusty, this is the bloke who has issues with ESG and would rather drive a 7.5 tonner

Wheel Nut:

dustylfc:

driver2012:

Dusty, this is the bloke who has issues with ESG and would rather drive a 7.5 tonner

:laughing: thats fair enough mate alot of peeps have some sort of issue with stobarts many have reason to and alot like the crack …but rather drive a 7.5 tonner jesus… :open_mouth: i would never comment again if that was the case i suppose some peeps havent the skill to be a real trucker :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Stevie P may I ask how long have you been waiting for an interview?

stevie p:
Hi, Does anyone on here Work for Stobarts on Day/Night work
Mon/Fri or Sunday /Thurs…Any info please.Good or Bad.
Thanks.

17 of our sun-thurs lads have been told due to lack of work/too many drivers on that shift pattern that they have to go onto sat-wed days,thurs- mon days,mon-fri nights, they originally asked for volunteers, didnt get many if any,so now its change or you havent got a job so im led to believe[obviously its not running out of where your on about,but worth bearing in mind.
sun-thurs days,did it for years and i was fine with it, no problems,as long as you get on with the job ,they dont bother you[or not the blue eyed boys so im told] :blush: :blush: :wink: .this is fridges, we work to different system to general ,maybe they get hassle, we dont,or very little
i.e get run sheet-tip drop/drops-ring in for collection-collect back haul-back to yard-go home.
mon-fri days,alot of ours have changed to that shift,say much better life/family, but not impressed with the money if your on basic 50 hrs.

niceman:
Hi Stevie P may I ask how long have you been waiting for an interview?

Hi,its been 5 months.

Thanks mate it is around that I’m waiting too. bloody time now.

Why would I have wanted an assessment drive at stobbies?
Nowt wrong in driving a 7 ½ ton, if its that or going to stobart or no work at all.
Gawd, some snobs on here.
Stevie — if you think its your cup of tea then give it a shot.
But if you get back in yard after 13 ½ hour shift DON’T take your tacho out as you will probably be going out again.
Also Stevie did say good and BAD. :laughing:

just one last thing-MY PET HATE :wink:
if you work sun ,if you do 7 hrs youll get paid 7, if you do 8.5 hrs [theyll take half-hour break off you]and youll then get 8 hrs at sun rate,2 hrs at mon-fri rate :imp: :imp: ,your gar 10 hrs if you do 8.5 hrs,but dont get caught out thinking the 10 hrs will be all at sun rate, 2 will be at mon-fri rate, best thing to do is 10.5 hrs+then you get 10 hrs at correct rate.
maybe its just me, but all the jobs ive had if you worked sun,you got sunday rate,never heard of a job where you work sun,get paid mon-fri rate.
anyway other than this and a few other odd things, jobs steady enough, best of luck.REMEMBER 10.5 HRS MIN SUNDAY,TOSS IT OFF IF NEED BE :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
just one last thing-MY PET HATE :wink:
if you work sun ,if you do 7 hrs youll get paid 7, if you do 8.5 hrs [theyll take half-hour break off you]and youll then get 8 hrs at sun rate,2 hrs at mon-fri rate :imp: :imp: ,your gar 10 hrs if you do 8.5 hrs,but dont get caught out thinking the 10 hrs will be all at sun rate, 2 will be at mon-fri rate, best thing to do is 10.5 hrs+then you get 10 hrs at correct rate.
maybe its just me, but all the jobs ive had if you worked sun,you got sunday rate,never heard of a job where you work sun,get paid mon-fri rate.
anyway other than this and a few other odd things, jobs steady enough, best of luck.REMEMBER 10.5 HRS MIN SUNDAY,TOSS IT OFF IF NEED BE :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for that, i told them id like Mon/Fri on days.

i start on 7th march,mon/fri tramping.i waited about 5 months for an interview but they offered me casual work over xmas.could`nt take it though(already had a full time job)

Posted elsewhere on these forums is a thread about Stobart setting on at Carnforth and Crick, no tramping jobs advertised, but think it was Mon to Thurs, and Sunday to Thursday shifts available

driver2012:
Why would I have wanted an assessment drive at stobbies?
Nowt wrong in driving a 7 ½ ton, if its that or going to stobart or no work at all.
Gawd, some snobs on here.
Stevie — if you think its your cup of tea then give it a shot.
But if you get back in yard after 13 ½ hour shift DON’T take your tacho out as you will probably be going out again.
Also Stevie did say good and BAD. :laughing:

well how can you comment on the bad if you wouldnt no considering you wouldnt entertain even an assessment so in the light of this your comment has no truth or reliable information the advice i give is the truth good and bad as ive said before i would only tramp for stobbies they can stick the other shifts, nothink wrong with a puddle jumper if your scared of an artic id choose stobarts well before id sit behind the wheel of a 7.5 tonner you can only work the same amount of hours for less so its not snobbery just commen sense,

commonrail:
i start on 7th march,mon/fri tramping.i waited about 5 months for an interview but they offered me casual work over xmas.could`nt take it though(already had a full time job)

May i ask,what depot are you starting at.

Driving for my own company through agency’s I drive pretty much solely for Stobart.
For months and months I have not really driven anywhere else other than Stobart’s.

I drive mostly at Appleton, sometimes at Hawley’s lane and in January, February and early March at O’Connors (Stobart Ports) because there is little work at the other two depots due to “old” trucks going of the road and new ones coming on.

I don’t really do anything else because I like driving for “Fast Eddie”.
Clean trucks, good hours and good work.

As far as I know Carnforth is indeed planned from Carlise…
I am planned from there when driving the wagon and drag based in Appleton.

They are long days indeed and not everybody likes that but I am not bothered, keeps me of the street and keeps me from spending to much money.
Yes you are pushed sometimes but hey I have never not been pushed in this game…
There is always something to moan about I suppose but for me Stobart’s get the thumbs up…! :grimacing:

You could do a lot worse than driving for them, a few of my mates who drive employed by them say the wage is plenty good…
Good luck with your interview and assessment…