Night trampers at stobarts rugby

I know there are loads of threads about Stobarts on here already but I am after some particular info on the Night Trampers jobs at the Stobart Depot now at Rugby. Would be great to have an input from some guys actually doing the job if possible. Any info greatly received in particular typical start and finish times and what runs they do on a typical shift etc, seems to be a Sunday to Thursday role which suits me fine. Are you guaranteed to be out all week etc that sort of thing.

I used to work for them a few years back when they were in Crick as a Day Tramper, so i understand some folks feelings towards Stobarts are not always positive shall we say. I had to leave due to circumstances beyond my control but I am now back in the area so looking about for a decent tramping role.

Many thanks in anticipation

No idea on rugby but 2 points that might be worth thinking about,querying

1. On our last reps meetings minutes ,it says there’s a lot of unhappy trampers as there being pulled back in ( I assume they mean by that there then going home and truck being used) or being put up in hotel and truck being used ,say somebody’s looking into this.
    Doesn’t say how many or where these trampers are based .
  2. Money-there’s adverts all over our depots stating they want day/ night etc drivers and the rate is £10.10 for DAYS ,nights is £11----, thers a lot of questions being asked about this as most ( not all) esl drivers are on £7.95 days,£8.90 nights ,are they including m/a,f/b in that :question: well the sums say not 7.95+£1.50 m/a+.50 f/ b =£9.95 p.h.
    It just might be worth your idea just asking about this ( £11---- p.h nights before you agree too £8.90 p.h .
    N.b you can’t miss the adverts there all over our depot .

Mmmm 387 views and not 1 post, any constructive input would be appreciated folks

Many Thanks

OK, how do you want to tramp on nights?
Are you planning to be sleeping day time in your lorry?
What about the noise when sleeping in a layby, truck stop or even services?
What about heat on a sunny, hot day?
Do you find it easy to sleep day time at all?
I would not be able to do this at all, even if someone offered me 20 quid an hour.
I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would want to tramp on nights?

+1

…and for Stobarts too.

The bloke must have a screw loose somewhere. :wink:

Doesn’t the £11p/h on the advert apply to casual drivers that there always looking for ? (check website the adverts there to). Also its true that tramper drivers, including those from other depots, are being put up in hotels while there unit is being used on a night shift. Its great because when you get it back you get to clean up after the tramp that’s been in your motor, hence the term, trampers.

Blackcat13:
Mmmm 387 views and not 1 post, any constructive input would be appreciated folks

Many Thanks

The reason is everybody looks at the topic and thinks WTF,id rather be slowly bummed to death by a rhino :blush:

hkloss1:
OK, how do you want to tramp on nights?
Are you planning to be sleeping day time in your lorry?
What about the noise when sleeping in a layby, truck stop or even services?
What about heat on a sunny, hot day?
Do you find it easy to sleep day time at all?
I would not be able to do this at all, even if someone offered me 20 quid an hour.
I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would want to tramp on nights?

i have and would do it again, never had a problem with the noise, if i knew it was gonna be a hot day then it was either find a spot in the shade or jump in the fridge trailer i was pulling with the fridge running

I dont think jumping in a fridge trailer is normal practice to have a sleep :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

seth 70:
I dont think jumping in a fridge trailer is normal practice to have a sleep :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Especially when a good samaritan walks past, sees the trailer door ajar and thinks “I’ll help this poor driver out by shutting his door” . You may get a longer sleep than you anticipated. :wink:

the maoster:

seth 70:

Especially when a good samaritan walks past, sees the trailer door ajar and thinks “I’ll help this poor driver out by shutting his door” . You may get a longer sleep than you anticipated. :wink:

can you open a fridge door from the inside? i have never done fridge work

pump:

the maoster:

seth 70:

I pull fridges and I’ve not had any that can be opened from the inside. Maybe somebody has specced one that does, but it’s not common practice. Walk in fridges of the type you find in restaurants are however required by law to have an inside handle.

seth 70:

always put a padlock on door bars stopping them securing the door. some fridges can be opened from the inside but 14 years ago when i did the job that was how a few of us did it

the maoster:

pump:

the maoster:

seth 70:

I pull fridges and I’ve not had any that can be opened from the inside. Maybe somebody has specced one that does, but it’s not common practice. Walk in fridges of the type you find in restaurants are however required by law to have an inside handle.

Its not normal behaviour to sleep in a fridge trailer…;.three sheets to the wind ;springs to mind,if some scrote nicked the full rig with the driver asleep in the trailer because the noise dunt bother them .that would be bang on…,in fact i dont believe anybody has done it sorry :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused:

Pimpdaddy:

Spot on dude.

Wouldie:
Doesn’t the £11p/h on the advert apply to casual drivers that there always looking for ? (check website the adverts there to). Also its true that tramper drivers, including those from other depots, are being put up in hotels while there unit is being used on a night shift. Its great because when you get it back you get to clean up after the tramp that’s been in your motor, hence the term, trampers.

No this advert says £10.10 p.h based on 50 hrs for day shift drivers ,no mention of casual and if you look at web-site it says £9.50 p.h days casual/ flexi drivers
We originally thought basic + bonuses but sums don’t add up!maybe it’s for car transporters !tankers who knows !but it defo says £10.10 p.h days .
Just trying too make o.p aware of this before he agreeds too £8.90 p.h nights when advert states £11---- nights .

Thanks very much Dozy for the info above.

If you here anything else about Trampers being called back and where this is happening ie Rugby, would be grateful as this would put me off if that is a regular issue. I tried phoning them the other day but got the usual this will all be discussed at interview side swerve, so any insider info would be gratefully received. Would also be interested to know what runs Night Trampers typically do.

Many Thanks

Blackcat13:
Would also be interested to know what runs Night Trampers typically do.

You have to drive to Sherburn at the end of your shift every night to polish Mark Dixon’s truck.

Terry T:

Blackcat13:
Would also be interested to know what runs Night Trampers typically do.

You have to drive to Sherburn at the end of your shift every night to polish Mark Dixon’s truck.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: too funny

I have just looked at this advert and it say’s nothing about an hourly rate so where do you get £11 ph?,I worked for stobart for 14 year’s and applied for a job around 3 month’s ago after 3 week’s I was asked if I would work night’s at Tesco Daventry which I turned down I told the girl I spoke to that I was interested in tramping or the shunting job in Daventry and she said they would get back to me like Diana ross im’e still waiting despite having many contact’s who still work for them so it makes me wonder if there are actually any jobs going :stuck_out_tongue: