Night trampers at stobarts rugby

samsgrandad:
I have just looked at this advert and it say’s nothing about an hourly rate so where do you get £11 ph?,I worked for stobart for 14 year’s and applied for a job around 3 month’s ago after 3 week’s I was asked if I would work night’s at Tesco Daventry which I turned down I told the girl I spoke to that I was interested in tramping or the shunting job in Daventry and she said they would get back to me like Diana ross im’e still waiting despite having many contact’s who still work for them so it makes me wonder if there are actually any jobs going :stuck_out_tongue:

The adverts are all over our depot walls,they don’t look like anything knocked up,by our t.o ,well beyond them,they look official adverts ,with various locations .
I’ll have a look at the location of the jobs ,maybe there car transporter wages,tankers etc .
But it says stobart day driver £10.10 p.h ,I’ve asked and I’m yet too get a straight,or any answer yet about why there advertising a rate of £11---- p.h nights and I get £8.90 p.h .
I just thought it might be worth bringing too the op attention .
As for jobs ,if there really are any ,I can’t answer that

dozy:

samsgrandad:
I have just looked at this advert and it say’s nothing about an hourly rate so where do you get £11 ph?,I worked for stobart for 14 year’s and applied for a job around 3 month’s ago after 3 week’s I was asked if I would work night’s at Tesco Daventry which I turned down I told the girl I spoke to that I was interested in tramping or the shunting job in Daventry and she said they would get back to me like Diana ross im’e still waiting despite having many contact’s who still work for them so it makes me wonder if there are actually any jobs going :stuck_out_tongue:

The adverts are all over our depot walls,they don’t look like anything knocked up,by our t.o ,well beyond them,they look official adverts ,with various locations .
I’ll have a look at the location of the jobs ,maybe there car transporter wages,tankers etc .
But it says stobart day driver £10.10 p.h ,I’ve asked and I’m yet too get a straight,or any answer yet about why there advertising a rate of £11---- p.h nights and I get £8.90 p.h .
I just thought it might be worth bringing too the op attention .
As for jobs ,if there really are any ,I can’t answer that

Judging by pic above, could it be £8.90/hr to 40hrs then OT rate @ whatever to make it up to the “£10.10/hr based on 50hrs” ? That looks like how they’re making the figures more impressive than they actually are to me.

As the rates stated are based on x amount of hours I would assume that this takes into account bonuses etc. Not a real hourly rate if that’s the case.

So the £12.36 for the Tramping will include all bonuses and allowances for meals and night out.

Pfffffft :unamused:

hkloss1:
OK, how do you want to tramp on nights?
Are you planning to be sleeping day time in your lorry?
What about the noise when sleeping in a layby, truck stop or even services?
What about heat on a sunny, hot day?
Do you find it easy to sleep day time at all?
I would not be able to do this at all, even if someone offered me 20 quid an hour.
I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would want to tramp on nights?

I’ve done it plenty and tbh I prefer it. No problem finding somewhere to park as most places are empty. Open the skylight when hot, simple really. Nowhere near the amount of traffic to deal with. Better pay rates for working unsocial hours. More choice of places to buy stuff as all open during the day.

The pic’s seem to be doing the rounds…

“Average earinings based on ALL allowances”

So if you drive ■■■■ and don’t get your fuel allowance, then you get less an hour.

I like knowing how much I am going to earn per hour, rather than going mad when some ■■■■ brake tests me on an empty dual carraigeway so they can pull in and write down your fleet number so they can say they have seen the truck :unamused:

It’s just like the “Big boy trampers” that go round saying they earn £500 a week and its the best thing in the world, but in reality they are on £80 a day and the wage is made up of “Night out money”