Stobart info needed

Hi
I know, it’s Stobart again.
I’ve looked through many of these already existing posts and still can’t figure out what pay conditions Stobart offers.
I’m especially interested in Aveley depot.
They advertise for :

1. General fleet driver - day
  2. International day tramper
  3. Rail division

What are those three above all about?

I’m only interested in day work, tramping with nights out.
I would appreciate if someone could let me know what their pay rates are like, could be from other parts of the country as I suspect they are all the same, across the board, or maybe not.
Pm me if you prefer to keep any info off the main board.

Thanks

you`d be better off at lidl :wink:

International £85 a day ! £30 night out continental £22.50 UK . £85 divide by 15 hrs = ■■? :open_mouth:

commonrail:

I could be, I’m weighing up my options

You’d be better off… Well, just about anywhere else really! :smiley:

hkloss1:

commonrail:

I could be, I’m weighing up my options[/
Conditions vary from depot to depot,driver to driver,some are very happy,some arnt,you may be you might not.
You say you want day s :question: ,just realise that I’m classed as a day shift driver and my start times are midnight/ 1 a.m ,I’ve ended up on that,but normally they’ll ask you what time you’d like to start at your interview so give discuss that at interview,if you take it that far.
Wages-I’m days,gross last week £752.42, net 594.41.
I think nights out are £21.50( but not done any for a while so could be wrong,but if you do go tramping you should be £80/100 better off than days dependent on how many nights out you do.
Would of pmd you but for whatever reason it doesn’t seem available.
Whatever way you go best of luck

dozy:

hkloss1:

commonrail:

Conditions vary from depot to depot,driver to driver,some are very happy,some arnt,you may be you might not.
You say you want day s :question: ,just realise that I’m classed as a day shift driver and my start times are midnight/ 1 a.m ,I’ve ended up on that,but normally they’ll ask you what time you’d like to start at your interview so give discuss that at interview,if you take it that far.
I think nights out are £21.50( but not done any for a while so could be wrong,but if you do go tramping you should be £80/100 better off than days dependent on how many nights out you do.

How can you be a day driver with a 00:00-01:00 start??

selby newcomer:

dozy:

hkloss1:

commonrail:

I’ve said that many a time,but that’s how they define it,I think midnight - 10 a.m they class as days,11 a.m - 11 p.m is nights( maybe a hour or two out with those times),which is why I said to the o.p be carefull when you say you want days,you’re better to say a time I.e 4 a.m with a window of a hour or two either way.

sayley-boy:
International £85 a day ! £30 night out continental £22.50 UK . £85 divide by 15 hrs = ■■? :open_mouth:

gone up £10 a day since 2004 then :slight_smile:

What about the fabled £13.50 meal allowance , do you get that on days ?

selby newcomer:

dozy:

hkloss1:

commonrail:

Government web site specify’s night working 11pm -06.00 am.
gov.uk/night-working-hours

Is this ‘Planet Stobbart’ & they set their own hours or is it because they attract so many Polish & Bulgarian Drivers, that they’re on European Time ?

JFC999:

Yes,but now £15

martinviking:

selby newcomer:

dozy:

hkloss1:

commonrail:

Government web site specify’s night working 11pm -06.00 am.
gov.uk/night-working-hours

Is this ‘Planet Stobbart’ & they set their own hours or is it because they attract so many Polish & Bulgarian Drivers, that they’re on European Time ?

To be fair to them it was the same when I started for Corby chilled,I turned down various jobs with them as I didn’t want nights anymore,they then had a vacancy turn up for a day shift driver which I took,too say I was :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: when they gave me my rota with a 1 am start is a understatement,I said I’m day shift driver ,not night,and the rest is history.
To be fair to Corby chilled and my planner you would do 1 week of 1 a.m starts and 2 weeks of 4/5 a.m starts ,they would also give you long days then short day,they were great they’d share it out between the drivers,innovate carried it on .
So I’m not sure if it’s a depot thing or a stobart thing but they continued it but without the early start 1 week then two short,long day / short day,now whatever the planners want that day .
I’m off now as I’m getting nostalgic about those years with Corby chilled :frowning:

JFC999:

yes you do. Low hourly rate, but lots of bonuses and allowances on top, tax free. You end up with a not bad wage (well for this part of the world) but the holiday pay is pitiful!

£15 meal allowance…£5 feul bonus…any start time between midnight and noon is classed and paid as days…between noon and midnight is nights…my nightshift usually starts at 1400…it may vary from depot to depot as may pay rates.

Dozy, Xamtax and Happysack, thank you
If it’s guaranteed £15 a day it certainly does make a poor basic rate good .
Is £5 fuel bonus tax free as well ?Any chance of a beer/cider allowance ?
Only asking!
Jim

happysack:

JFC999:

yes you do. Low hourly rate, but lots of bonuses and allowances on top, tax free. You end up with a not bad wage (well for this part of the world) but the holiday pay is pitiful!

The holiday pay wil be pitiful as you only get the bonus when working.
You shouldn’t have to rely on bonuses or incentives to drive your pay up to a decent wage.

Soldier z:

happysack:

JFC999:

The holiday pay wil be pitiful as you only get the bonus when working.
You shouldn’t have to rely on bonuses or incentives to drive your pay up to a decent wage.

oh ok then. I’ll hand my notice in and get another job.

JFC999:
Dozy, Xamtax and Happysack, thank you
If it’s guaranteed £15 a day it certainly does make a poor basic rate good .
Is £5 fuel bonus tax free as well ?Any chance of a beer/cider allowance ?
Only asking!
Jim

there was once a poster by the name of ady. He got a cider allowance. Ever since then we have had our recreational drink allowance removed.

Yes the fuel bonus thing is tax free too. Not sure how hard it is to get, its all about idle time, safe braking etc. I’m exempt from it, as are several non general jobs.

i enjoyed working stobarts (sherburn) on agency for 2 years,professional outfit but 15 hour days are hard to keep awake.and everybody whether in the transport office,shunting,yard are all covering their own back :astonished: and would screw you at the first oportunity to save their own.