Stobart info needed

1. General fleet driver - day
  2. International day tramper
  3. Rail division

What are those three above all about?

Fleet driver just does whatever is handed to them.

International tramper is someone that stays out all week going abroad.

Rail division are the guys that deal with… Railways :: SHOCK ::

And I don’t even work for Stobart.

happysack:

Soldier z:

happysack:

JFC999:
What about the fabled £13.50 meal allowance , do you get that on days ?

yes you do. Low hourly rate, but lots of bonuses and allowances on top, tax free. You end up with a not bad wage (well for this part of the world) but the holiday pay is pitiful!

The holiday pay wil be pitiful as you only get the bonus when working.
You shouldn’t have to rely on bonuses or incentives to drive your pay up to a decent wage.

oh ok then. I’ll hand my notice in and get another job.

Happysack imo the guy has a valid point.yes you make a good wage at end of week but if these bonuses were taking away it be on par as a shelf stacker/cleaner.it is a simple fact.may i ask if you went for a morgage is you wages based on bonuses or before

nearly there:

happysack:

Soldier z:

happysack:

JFC999:

yes you do. Low hourly rate, but lots of bonuses and allowances on top, tax free. You end up with a not bad wage (well for this part of the world) but the holiday pay is pitiful!

You shouldn’t have to rely on bonuses or incentives to drive your pay up to a decent wage.

Happysack imo the guy has a valid point.yes you make a good wage at end of week but if these bonuses were taking away it be on par as a shelf stacker/cleaner.it is a simple fact.may i ask if you went for a morgage is you wages based on bonuses or before

yes he has a point but not many other jobs in my corner of the world. I’ve a had a mortgage for years so no problem there.

dar1976:
Fleet driver just does whatever is handed to them.

International tramper is someone that stays out all week going abroad.

Rail division are the guys that deal with… Railways :: SHOCK ::

And I don’t even work for Stobart.

I’d be interested in the rail division, but is it the container side or is the low loader “blue” trucks?

Happysack what i mean is with a morgage do they calculate you morgage with or without the bonus.also im not having a pop at stobarts wages,im simply pointing out that if they paid it as standard through a hourly rate it be better for the driver

Knew a driver who worked out of the Aveley depot…he no longer does so that must tell you something. Basically, go work for them at your peril, there are many drivers who have the scars to prove it and will be happy to tell you so. Stobart treats drivers like absolute turds end of. Accept that and you will go far. The only way you will learn a decent wage is if you live the job and kiss goodbye to your wife and kids.

I know lots of drivers who have worked at other companies, but no longer do. That tells you something too. Other bosses treat their drivers like turds. Most driving jobs are long hours.

Look at all the happy happy joy filled drivers out there.

happysack:
I know lots of drivers who have worked at other companies, but no longer do. That tells you something too. Other bosses treat their drivers like turds. Most driving jobs are long hours.

Look at all the happy happy joy filled drivers out there.

^this.

As long as there’s more drivers than jobs and we accept everything, crappy hourly rates, keys took off us, sitting in waiting rooms etc, we’ll always be treated as crap since we’ll allow it.

BUT, as long as there’s more drivers than jobs, anyone who doesn’t accept it will be sacked and replaced.

I’ve worked for a few firms now and to be honest, it’s all a bit of a muchness really, different name same job.

If you do get a job there and you see that prat on the tv tell him he,s a ■■■■ and to get a life … ■■■■■

xamtex:
£15 meal allowance…£5 feul bonus…any start time between midnight and noon is classed and paid as days…between noon and midnight is nights…my nightshift usually starts at 1400…it may vary from depot to depot as may pay rates.

Not completely true. You got the actual hourly rate set up fot different times of the day, the highest one is from Saturday 15:00-Sunday 6:00. Doesn’t matter, who you are…

Dennisthemenace:

xamtex:
£15 meal allowance…£5 feul bonus…any start time between midnight and noon is classed and paid as days…between noon and midnight is nights…my nightshift usually starts at 1400…it may vary from depot to depot as may pay rates.

Not completely true. You got the actual hourly rate set up fot different times of the day, the highest one is from Saturday 15:00-Sunday 6:00. Doesn’t matter, who you are…

shhh don’t let a mmtm bit of info get in the way of the facts. Fool!:wink:

the jobs a doddle the hourly rate is not the best but as happysack said with all the little extras thrown on top and plenty of hrs you can pull a decent wage
the fuel bonus is a doddle to earn however when i was there you didnt get the fuel bonus for the first 3 month and a slightly lower hourly rate for 12 month
i enjoyed my time there but if i was to ever get back on would want to try walking floors as its something i really want a go at onw day

nearly there:
Happysack what i mean is with a morgage do they calculate you morgage with or without the bonus.also im not having a pop at stobarts wages,im simply pointing out that if they paid it as standard through a hourly rate it be better for the driver

No it wouldn’t,the meal allowance is tax free,if they applied that to your hourly rate you would pay tax on it,I’d rather have £75 of my wages tax free that pay tax on them.

Soldier z:

happysack:

JFC999:

You get £11 per day extra on top of your wage whilst on holiday

nearly there:

happysack:

Soldier z:

happysack:

JFC999:

I’ve worked for them for 6 ish years and up until now they’ve never taken my bonuses off of me,certainely not my meal allowance,and only the very odd,and I mean once every six months loosing a fuel bonus,I can see no reason for that changing in the future( if I’m still there) ,so your if they take away your bonus your on shelf stacking wages is just a hypothetical scenario,let’s stick to the facts they pay us a hourly rate + bonuses.
Maybe we could have a discussion about all the driver who earn £7 ph with no bonuses,all the drivers who earn £4/500 p.w,all the drivers who get no meal allowance or £2/3 p.h.
How dhl( or the job I went for) pay there drivers 8k p.a less than a stobart day shift driver on shelf stacking wages,or how brakes pay there drivers on days 9k p.a less than stobart day shift driver earn last year( yes I went for the jobs and turned them down as I wasn’t prepared to take a 8/9 k p.a pay cut :exclamation: :exclamation: .

So what is the hourly rate at stobarts? Without bonus.

hkloss1:

1. General fleet driver - day
  2. International day tramper
  3. Rail division

What are those three above all about?

General fleet driver- days,my little bit of knowledge says mostly ambient loads to rdc,wholesales etc,see a lot at tesco rdc though,doing shop deliveries.
I.d.tramper,seeing a lot of these of late working out of tesco rdc doing shop deliveries.
Rail division-sorry no idea

westy2010:
So what is the hourly rate at stobarts? Without bonus.

Not sure,but if it helps
Pays for mrs sun bed sessions,manicures,pedicures,waxes :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,2x 2 week hols abroad+ a week with sis,new car!hair !clothes!gym etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.
Me I get :question: :question: :question: :question: to fund it all,amazing how far you can make shelf stackers wages go :exclamation: :exclamation:

Dozy so if you for say you get made redundent your cash is based on the small hourly rate.your pension is based on small hourly rate.your holiday pay has to be part supplemented olas its based on the small hourly rate.if you went to a small claims court for example it be based on a small hourly rate.you seem to have taken a dislikento my comment,it wasnt ment as a dig just a observation.to a outsider its a crap pay structure imo on par with a zero hour contract but as they say its whats in the bank.