Stobarts and the sun

join the leader in uk logistics
gar min 50 hrs week,plus reg o/t
great rates of pay equivalent to around 32k per annum
every driver is allocated there own modern top spec truck
the job security of working for britains most famous transrort and dist company
exellent benefits inc company pension scheme, life ins, sick pay scheme
night distance drivers can earn cica 34k,weekend distance drivers earn circa 38 k
full smart comfortable uniform
big full page advert in the sun saying there recruiting across uk
appleton,warrington
hams hall,brum
crick/drift,northants
aveley, east london
sherburn in elmet, leeds
goole,humberside
regular vacancies all other uk areas

i thought it was hard to get a job with eddie, thought there was a waiting list,
it doesnt sound bad to me or is there something im missing :question:

Got a call from my dad about this (was at cambridge services) so got a copy and called them. Deffo jobs going at Goole (Tesco Contract)

And I have applied for one as well :slight_smile:

best of luck mate , must admit i was suprised at a full page advert , money doesnt sound bad either if im reading it right .

think if i remember correctly. when i was working for them the rate was around 7.20 per hour but i think it went up, as a tramper i was getting around £28.00p per day on nights out, attendance bonus and meal allowence. not a bad firm to work for the only grip i had was once i had finnished for the week my truck was being used by 5 other drivers and the cab was usually in a right state on returning back into work, hence you couldnt leave your kit in it.

From their website:

• Guaranteed min. 50 hours a week/52 weeks a year.
  • Night out allowance £20 per night tax free.
  • Great rates of pay.*
    Monday-Friday Days: £8.60/hr
    Saturday Days: £10.60/hr
    Sunday Days: £11.60/hr
    Nights 18:00-06:00 plus: £1.00/hr
    *pay rates inclusive of meal allowances.

wirralpete - what was the allowance rates again? - also speaking to the guy on the phone (wether it will be trur for google) is that each driver gets his own motor :smiley:

thats what i thought ,own motor ,thats what it says in advert

A word of warning…be careful about what is advertised.

I have a friend who works for them,and the latest round of pay negotiations is in turmoil,because they want to withdraw somethings that they promised the drivers.There’s even talk of strike action,which I’m sure Mr.Tesco would like to hear.

Ken.

The best jobs are never advertised, they dont need to!

Below is what I posted recently,but it seems that Stobbies want to renage on the Saturday extra payment:

Monday to Friday,6am-6pm £7.20
6pm-6am £8.10
Sat 6am-3pm £9.50
Sat 3pm-Sun 6am £11
Sat over 8 hours per shift,an extra £30
Sun 6am-Mon 6am £10.50
Bank Holiday £81 if you work it or not,but if you do,and extra £11 per hour.
Meal allownace £9 per day
Attendance bonus £5 per day for your shift days,and including days you are on holiday,but NOT your rest days.

Ken.

Sounds like a good job… I might apply myself :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JB:

i tell you what john i bet you dont 32 / 34 grand a year for them.

tell them you want to apply for a position at those rates.

I have a mate who works for Stobarts at Crick, he grossed 31K last year but had to work an average 65 hours a week, including every other saturday! If you mention the WTD they say whats that?

From their website:

wirralpete - what was the allowance rates again? - also speaking to the guy on the phone (wether it will be trur for google) is that each driver gets his own motor.

dont doubt that you will get your own motor for the duration of your working week, but stobarts wont let a unit sit in the yard for two and a half days when they can double shift it. as for the rates like i said that as what the rate was when i was there. i was promised i would be clearing 2000 a month working for them tramping fridy to tuesday, then come sundays you would do a quick job or two and be parked up in one of their depots by 2 0r 3pm, as they wanted drivers handy in case anyone rang in sick from that depot the next day. theyare not a bad frim to work for, just make sure you are getting what is advertised. :slight_smile:

I just got a reject letter off them today i dont know what they want i have no accidents, no points and 9 years full experience and i dont even get an interview. What the [zb] do they want.

(Stupid language edit. Simon :unamused: )

think the allowence rate was around £3.00p if i remember but dont qoute me on that, like i say make sure what you read is what you get, also i remember that drivers were paid different rates for different areas, crick and hams hall were paid a location allowence which was quite a bit a week.

LASHHGV:
I just got a reject letter off them today i dont know what they want i have no accidents, no points and 9 years full experience and i dont even get an interview. What the [zb] do they want.

(Stupid language edit. Simon :unamused: )

They have another 65 units due to come to Appleton. I applied about six months ago.
I got a “we have no vacancys at present, but will keep you on file”. I just finished work there tonight, they wanted me in at 8 in the morn, i said no thanks. As i finished at 10pm and i started at 8am.

jessicas dad:

JB:

I`ll have you know i get TWO FULL BOWLS OF RICE AND A CONKER every day without fail. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

mikermhh:
I have a mate who works for Stobarts at Crick, he grossed 31K last year but had to work an average 65 hours a week, including every other saturday! If you mention the WTD they say whats that?

do i have that much by my Agencywork?

JB:

jessicas dad:

JB:

I`ll have you know i get TWO FULL BOWLS OF RICE AND A CONKER every day without fail. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you can always smash open your conker with you hardback bible.

Monday to Friday,6am-6pm £7.20
6pm-6am £8.10

Add another £1/hr min to just make it worth looking, plus 1.5x for ot.

Sat 6am-3pm £9.50
Sat 3pm-Sun 6am £11
Sat over 8 hours per shift,an extra £30
Sun 6am-Mon 6am £10.50

Never mind ‘an extra £30’ the minimum is 1.5x Sat and 2x Sun

Stan