Stobart widnes pay?

hi all

not been on here for a while have been doing a variety of work ranging from class 1 tipper work to driving bin wagons and lots in between.

anyway I have an assessment for stobart widnes doing the Tesco work this week I have been sent the pay rates and it says 7.20 and 7.95 for day rate just wondering which is the one is it the higher amount after a qualifying period or something I know stobart isn’t the best of companys as it gets plenty of slating on here and in general but they seem to look after there drivers and I thought id give it a go as its better than relying on agency work at the moment.

thanks all

Can’t remember the day rate but night rate is something like £8.10 per hour rising to £8.60 odd. Got it all on a sheet of paper somewhere. Despite the low hourly rate I still manage a pretty decent wage at the end of the week. Nights is a doddle.

You can earn a lot more trunking on supermarket work than Stobbies’ poor showing. Ain’t worth the grief at those rates.

Have a nosey around, there are better rates for the same work elsewhere.

Is Haydock too far,Transline offering 6 month contracts at Sainsburys.Far better place to work than Tescos.
Probably at least £2+ per hr as well.

You’ll get a tax free meal allowance on top of that along with a £5 pr day “bonus” for effective use of cruise control, no harsh braking etc etc etc.

Tbh, Tossco work isn’t hard (I ran out of Middlewich for Stobart for a while before it closed ) clean kit and plenty of opportunity to drag the job out if you use your noddle, job was IMO far from hard work.

Plenty of other jobs out there paying less to drive worse IMO!

Wincanton St. Helens on the co op contract are asking for 30 drivers full time £12.58 hr only problem it is permanent weekends
www.wincanton.co.uk/careers/current-opp … lications/

Wed to Sun shift will take home around £410-430 if you start around 4am and do 10-11 hours a shift but when you take a hol expect £360 or less basic as you don’t get your add ons,

GMW492:
Wed to Sun shift will take home around £410-430 if you start around 4am and do 10-11 hours a shift but when you take a hol expect £360 or less basic as you don’t get your add ons,

If you did a wed to sun shift you’d get on holiday
30x 7.95 =238.50
10x 10.20=102
10x 11.25 =112.50
5x£14= 70
Total£523

GMW492:

Should be a change soon on the holiday pay as a result of this
bonddickinson.com/insight/pu … y-overtime
Although freigthliner did appeal and I believe they are in the appeals tribunal this week, if Neal wins, it will have a major impact on employers on how they calculate holiday pay.

iankav:
Is Haydock too far,Transline offering 6 month contracts at Sainsburys.Far better place to work than Tescos.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Worse than Stobarts starting pay :wink: :laughing:

dri-diddly-iver:

iankav:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Worse than Stobarts starting pay :wink: :laughing:

Think he meant +£2 per hour over the Stobbies rate. If I read it correctly that is.

£7 sigh…

dozy:

GMW492:

If you did a wed to sun shift you’d get on holiday
30x 7.95 =238.50
10x 10.20=102
10x 11.25 =112.50
5x£14= 70
Total£523

i meant take home pay is around £360 for hol apologies…
What is the 5x£14 if that is the meal allowance you don’t get that or fuel bonus when on hol I’m afraid.