Stobart agy job comes to an end

I have been in warrington periodically and not as much as some other agy drivers, but today chatting to another driver it occurs that that all of us have been cancelled as they have brought another agency in.

In the meantime another driver comes in with what on the face of it appears to be a BS story of how he spoke to a driver who has just started with an agency on Stobarts and who isnt happy as they have been on inductions and told it was International work. He wasnt happy as all he seemed to be doing is tesco out of Goole work !! Quizzed about his agency etc he says he they are promised weekly work till beyond Xmas on a daily rate of 85 quid a day… bearing in mind ive just done 3 days and bagged 43 hours total.

So cue an improv phone call where I was asking a subtle question about the availability of work for myself for next week in order to see what the reply was, the reply was direct though (which is fair enough), the manager said she had gone with an offer she couldnt refuse and had been given agency ridiculously cheap. So it all seems quite true and feasable ! Questions are

1. are the agency dumb enough to think drivers are going to work 70 hours a week for 85 quid a day ? And 2) if they do find drivers that do,do they think they will keep working up to christmas once they realise the workload for such terrible agy pay especially when the work should be good everywhere in the run up to christmas

The main question is who is this agency ? The guy I spoke to said it was someone like kam or can contracts or something. Id love to know who this outfit is ! Any ideas ?

Loads of agencies are looking for drivers for Goole saying work until Christmas all paying by the hour. used to be £7.50 to £8.50 now £10 to £14.50 so they must be desperate.

Supply and demand- if the new agency can supply at a lower cost- then your guys are out- if they cant supply I expect your agency will get a call and if they have any sense will realise that the client is in a hole and bump up the rate - welcome to capatalism

Kerbdog:
I have been in warrington periodically and not as much as some other agy drivers, but today chatting to another driver it occurs that that all of us have been cancelled as they have brought another agency in.

In the meantime another driver comes in with what on the face of it appears to be a BS story of how he spoke to a driver who has just started with an agency on Stobarts and who isnt happy as they have been on inductions and told it was International work. He wasnt happy as all he seemed to be doing is tesco out of Goole work !! Quizzed about his agency etc he says he they are promised weekly work till beyond Xmas on a daily rate of 85 quid a day… bearing in mind ive just done 3 days and bagged 43 hours total.

So cue an improv phone call where I was asking a subtle question about the availability of work for myself for next week in order to see what the reply was, the reply was direct though (which is fair enough), the manager said she had gone with an offer she couldnt refuse and had been given agency ridiculously cheap. So it all seems quite true and feasable ! Questions are

1. are the agency dumb enough to think drivers are going to work 70 hours a week for 85 quid a day ? And 2) if they do find drivers that do,do they think they will keep working up to christmas once they realise the workload for such terrible agy pay especially when the work should be good everywhere in the run up to christmas

The main question is who is this agency ? The guy I spoke to said it was someone like kam or can contracts or something. Id love to know who this outfit is ! Any ideas ?

They made 150 apx of there own drivers redundant in February without a second thought,so why you think they’d give a second thought about dumping you and bringing in a cheaper agency driver I don’t know

On the other Stobart thread where someone was asking about pay someone has posted £85 a day for international trampers.
So it would appear that someones doing it.

Here you are

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106678

So at least we know where all the thick ■■■■■ are working, sorry being shafted up their dry bottoms… :laughing:

Any driver that is stupid enough to work for £85 per day on a fixed rate is a complete and utter ■■■■…I’ve just rowed with an agency and refused to work for a certain company as their rates were too low, but they were positively generous compared to this…

So, @ £85/day they are earning a wonderful £5.67/hour on a full shift.

Never mind, at least the agency gaffer will be having a Merry Christmas…and a new Porsche… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

If there’s one thing more stupid than a mug doing a 15 hr shift for £85, then it’s an agency driver doing 15 hrs for £85 :unamused:

How does this comply with min wage rules?

cheekymonkey:

Honestly, I don’t agree with it, but it’ll work something like this…

You’re not paid for breaks or POA, so on a 15hr shift, you will have had at least a 45 min break, but more likely at least an hour (due to WTD 6hr break) and even more likely a good few hours.

So it’d actually be £85 / however many hours WORKED so probably equals minimum wage…

As others have said, MUGS

3x30 min WTD/Meal breaks on a 15 hour shift…
That leaves about £85 for the day @ minimum wages…

On the other hand, the newly privatised Royal Mail will be poaching drivers from everywhere in the run-up to Christmas anyways, so if you want someone “dafter than a full timer prepared to work for £85 a day” and “an agency bod prepared to work for £6.31ph” then it’s gotta be "Anyone not considering subbing into RM over Christmas":wink:

I thought they struggled to get drivers at google as it was. I can’t see chopping the rate will improve the situation, £85 a day, cheers. :frowning:

cheekymonkey:

Polish workers will line up to do it! So there’s your future monetary income all laid out for you for the next 10 years!