Wages Clarification

Evening all, just saw this advert and wondered whether anyone knows if this £460-£650 a week, is take home? I will contact them on Monday to ask, but Wondered if anyone knows now. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be with before tax, including meal allowance + possible night out money if you are a tramper.
With £650 I could imagine it includes sometimes working a saturday or running in on a saturday.

EDIT:
The day rate of £9/hr. could be slightly higher for this kind of work at Stobarts. (The Biomass drivers earn more but they belong to the Stobart Group - Stobart Energy part of the buisness. Not much to do with the Eddie Stobart General Haulage, Tesco work, RDC trunking etc.)
Could be the same with the bulk tanker drivers.

Meal allowance should be £15 per shift.

Many thanks for the thorough reply. Gosh, before tax ! £450’s not a lot. Was considering, but not so sure now. Stobart seems to pay the least of anyone. Cheers

:unamused:

dozy:
:roll:

Dozy your not saying if thats gross or net including night out and meal money,
Whats the true figure for hours actually worked including o/t and shift allowance before tax BUT excluding tax free n/o and meal allowances

lolipop:

dozy:

Whats the true figure for hours actually worked including o/t and shift allowance before tax BUT excluding tax free n/o and meal allowances

He won’t say,never has…just keeps posting this picture up and has been asked many times for the breakdown of it but never shows it.
Probabaly includes a tax rebate or something,unless of course Stobrats are such a loving,generous company that that pay all there drivers well over the maximum weekly rate they advertise the job at out of pure love for their employees…

Logically i expect £450 to be a basic week of X hours, and the higher figure including overtime and the other ‘perks’ which may or not be payable on holiday or short, bank holiday, weeks.

They will be gross figures before tax.

Night Out pay is never included in pay, gross or net, except by the deluded employee and unscrupulous employers, the former for some weird reason convince themselves Night Out money is part of their pay, the latter conning people before they’ve even started working for them :unamused:

As always to compare one job to another, simply divide the top line (excl NO pay or any other add ons not guaranteed) by the number of hours spend at work to get that figure, equals mean average hourly rate, often a depressing figure when you work out how many of those hours should have been at proper overtime and/or premium hour rates.

dozy:

Dozy, post your whole wage slip with your name and details erased or don’t comment.
Your picture doesn’t help as you work on the general haulage and not bulk tankers.

Anyway your wage probably contains running 71 hours till Friday and possibly running in saturday. You also start at midnight every day > so you get 6 hrs night rate each day.

Also you always whinge about 15 hrs here, getting clamped, relieve drivers which can’t find you because they get lost from Newark to Grantham. So if you happy with your wage it can’t be that bad, can it■■?

Nights, Sunday to Thursday

fuser84:

What’s the negative amounts there for?

Looks like they’re taking money OFF you !

fuser84:

Crazy how dozy does days mon-fri yet claims to earn over £150 more than nights working Sunday night included :laughing:

dcgpx:
What’s the negative amounts there for?

Looks like they’re taking money OFF you !

I don`t know why they do that but the final amount is correct for the hours I worked :unamused:

xichrisxi:
Crazy how dozy does days mon-fri yet claims to earn over £150 more than nights working Sunday night included :laughing:

Maybe with night out money? And the Saturday run ins :smiley:

fuser84:

Got to be fair after all the “stobarts pay is ■■■■”…for nights, no tramping…that ain’t a bad wage! In fact it’s pretty good. I know it’s got the £75 meal allowance which you don’t get when your on holiday, but if you can’t cope without £75 per week for 4 weeks of the year…£300 a YEAR then you’ve got bigger issues than stobarts pay structure.

lolipop:

dozy:

gross

Tipperdipper1:

dozy:

Dozy, post your whole wage slip with your name and details erased or don’t comment.
Your picture doesn’t help as you work on the general haulage and not bulk tankers.

Anyway your wage probably contains running 71 hours till Friday and possibly running in saturday. You also start at midnight every day > so you get 6 hrs night rate each day.

Also you always whinge about 15 hrs here, getting clamped, relieve drivers which can’t find you because they get lost from Newark to Grantham. So if you happy with your wage it can’t be that bad, can it■■?

no i don’t run in ) I go home , no I don’t work extra shifts , 71 hrs or as near as dam it that and 4 night is more than enough for me
as for not commenting on wages , why not I actually work for them ( though
I wish o didn’t ) unlike the other 99 % who like to comment on there wages even though they’ve not got a clue what there on about :exclamation:

xichrisxi:

lolipop:

dozy:

He won’t say,never has…just keeps posting this picture up and has been asked many times for the breakdown of it but never shows it.
Probabaly includes a tax rebate or something,unless of course Stobrats are such a loving,generous company that that pay all there drivers well over the maximum weekly rate they advertise the job at out of pure love for their employees…

:laughing: you know full well I’ve posted plenty of figures up over the years and there all well over the £450- £600 that you lot are claiming is gross , or let’s rephrase that are hoping is gross so you can come up with your peanuts / buttons jibes :exclamation: :exclamation:
I’ve always said unlike the other esl drivers / drivers mates that I’m pushed for every hour ( 70 or as nigh as dam it ) , but I won’t run in or do extra shift , I’ve had enough come Friday

xichrisxi:

fuser84:

yes lovin these days , just gazing out my front window thinking how lucky I am

fuser84:

how the hell do you get away with a 8 hr shift :neutral_face: , If ( and that’s a big if I get back early on a Friday) they’d send me up to Goole / down to davgroc etc to pick up a load for the night shift ,
when I was on days if I got back early they’d want me emptying the bins / cutting the grass and because I said if I wanted a job as a refuse collector I’d get
one they made me sit in canteen until I’d done my contracted 10 hrs , if I didn’t know better I’d think I worked for a different company

dozy:

fuser84:

how the hell do you get away with a 8 hr shift :neutral_face: , If ( and that’s a big if I get back early on a Friday) they’d send me up to Goole / down to davgroc etc to pick up a load for the night shift ,
when I was on days if I got back early they’d want me emptying the bins / cutting the grass and because I said if I wanted a job as a refuse collector I’d get
one they made me sit in canteen until I’d done my contracted 10 hrs , if I didn’t know better I’d think I worked for a different company

But dozy, r u not contracted 9 hrs/day, so mimiun 45 hrs week. Or r you calculating the 45 mins break which they deduct, on top of it■■?

May they needed that truck after the OP was back from his 8 hrs.

Dozy in all honesti, I mean lots of people who r or were tramping for Eddie said they on here, that they work between 58-65 hrs. How does it come you always work maximun hrs■■?

Maybe they just screwing you over because you’re never helping them like doing an extra shift once in a quarter or so■■? Just saying.

Tipperdipper1:

dozy:

fuser84:

But dozy, r u not contracted 9 hrs/day, so mimiun 45 hrs week. Or r you calculating the 45 mins break which they deduct, on top of it■■?

May they needed that truck after the OP was back from his 8 hrs.

Dozy in all honesti, I mean lots of people who r or were tramping for Eddie said they on here, that they work between 58-65 hrs. How does it come you always work maximun hrs■■?

Maybe they just screwing you over because you’re never helping them like doing an extra shift once in a quarter or so■■? Just saying.

my contract is a old one , guaranteed 50 hrs , 10 hrs per day , and yes I think your right , I say no to running in ( unless a breakdown / accident ) but not crap planning so I guess there idea is to force me to work it / dump me in a layby on a Friday as some kind of punishment
as for hours , he / or whoever just keep piling the work on , as I’ve said before they’ve rang when I parked in yard / went home for night after 14 hrs as they want it a hour Xtra up the road
I would add I keep hearing from all these esl drivers what great jobs they have , but strangely they all keep leaving , go figure