Stobart drivers in dispute at Tosco RDC Dublin

Just thought that i would share this with you guys has it ever happened in the UK what was the outcome? looks like the irish fan club has started up.

rte.ie/news/2009/1215/tesco1.html

Yes it has happned in the U.K. , at Tesco Middlewich, The outcome was that all but three drivers took redundancy from Stobarts about 4 months after they took over , because they could not afford the Tesco T&Cs and needed to put the drivers on Stobart T@Cs. i was one of those who took the redundancy rather than work for Stobart`s.

So there are 25 tossers out of work and 80 keep working, the 25 will be replaced with Latvians and the rest will be on the dole, nowt new!

Tesco are in more trouble though as they have had to pull many lines off the shelves.

rte.ie/news/2009/1215/tesco.html

To avoid upsetting Ginger kids they had to withdraw an offensive Christmas card, they also withdrew root ginger, jamaica cake and bakers ginger.

Tomorrow they are expecting a complaint from homosexuals so have removed all the ginger beer :stuck_out_tongue:

alfamale66:
Yes it has happned in the U.K. , at Tesco Middlewich, The outcome was that all but three drivers took redundancy from Stobarts about 4 months after they took over , because they could not afford the Tesco T&Cs and needed to put the drivers on Stobart T@Cs. i was one of those who took the redundancy rather than work for Stobart`s.

Your terms and conditions should have been protected under the T.U.P.E. regs surely■■?

tesco and stobart deserve each other

The
Eddie
Stobart
Cowboy
Operation

44 Tonne Ton:

alfamale66:

Your terms and conditions should have been protected under the T.U.P.E. regs surely■■?

TUPE regs protect your T&Cs at the point of transfer only, after that date Stobarts were able to give 90 days notice of a change to your contract, or offer redundancy, thats just what they did , :imp: