Ex Tesco drivers end dispute

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo … e-30787155

Only fortyfive have other jobs. Just shows they had it easy now they have work they don’t want to. Plenty of jobs about but throw a wobble if they do over 8 hrs work.

throw a wobble if they have to do more than 40mph too!

When I did my CPC there was one of the drivers on it from Doncaster. Every chance he got he called them for everything !

He said the case was brought because they had several emails between Stobs and Tosco showing it was a done deal before it was passed to any vote and emails exchanged on get rid of the current drivers if they wouldn’t transfer to new lower terms.

So he says [SMIRKING FACE] obviously someone may have been in it if out of court deal done

Wonder what the figure is must be a lot to finally silence them. Tesco laughing all the way to the bank while Stobarts lick their wounds!

Good on them I say, i ■■■■■■■ hate 3rd party compaines coming in scalping work and taking away well paid jobs from the industry! Yeah ultimately it’s tesco’s descion to outsource the work but I reckon Stobart flashed a lot of leg to entice them to do it!

the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm. Fairplay to them drivers for standing up the those companies.

merc0447:
Wonder what the figure is must be a lot to finally silence them. Tesco laughing all the way to the bank while Stobarts lick their wounds!

Good on them I say, i [zb] hate 3rd party compaines coming in scalping work and taking away well paid jobs from the industry! Yeah ultimately it’s tesco’s descion to outsource the work but I reckon Stobart flashed a lot of leg to entice them to do it!

Naming some of there trucks after Tesco board of directors wife’s may have swung it. :laughing:

westham67:
the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm. Fairplay to them drivers for standing up the those companies.

never maxed out my hours and have a clean licence!

have stood up on my own against asda and won but then found other work rather than being bitter and twisted about it, its the general public who want everything cheaper rather than paying for quality that mean stobrats can go in and undercut just about anyone.

what have they won? a few quid for doing ■■■■ all for over a year bet that just about covers the money they would have lost through not working? why not admit your on way over the odds wages for a job and you have had it great for years and have to go back into the real world? the lack of new jobs found shows this.

war1974:

westham67:

never maxed out my hours and have a clean licence!

have stood up on my own against asda and won but then found other work rather than being bitter and twisted about it, its the general public who want everything cheaper rather than paying for quality that mean stobrats can go in and undercut just about anyone.

what have they won? a few quid for doing [zb] all for over a year bet that just about covers the money they would have lost through not working? why not admit your on way over the odds wages for a job and you have had it great for years and have to go back into the real world? the lack of new jobs found shows this.

Mr Stobbard,is that you?

lol,

dont get me wrong i know i would fight it if it was me but once you reach that point of no return then why risk your home lifestyle etc?

still each to their own and they only know if it was worth it on 65 quid or whatever a week for a year for a bit of a handshake from eddie!

Depends how much the got I guess,although we will never find out because it will have been part of the settlement that they don’t reveal the amount to the press.

westham67:
the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm.

+1

Contraflow:

westham67:
the first two posts just confirms why driving for a living is getting worse, max out your hours and speed about everywhere for a pittance seems to be the accepted norm.

+1

+2

westham67:

I could not have said it better

merc0447:

Good on them I say, i [zb] hate 3rd party compaines coming in scalping work and taking away well paid jobs from the industry! Yeah ultimately it’s tesco’s descion to outsource the work but I reckon Stobart flashed a lot of leg to entice them to do it!

I think Tesco were pulling the strings in all this, their management were summoned to court too so I’m sure they’re footing the bill. Eddie Stobart were just a front & I’m sure they’re not that dumb to lose so much money due to tesco’s zb up, after all they have that DC by the balls, without Stobart nothing goes out of the gate…:smiley:

Robertthegreat:
Only fortyfive have other jobs. Just shows they had it easy now they have work they don’t want to. Plenty of jobs about but throw a wobble if they do over 8 hrs work.

Tesco’s Finest, haha.

Juddian:

Contraflow:

westham67:

+1

+2

+3

Mike-C:

Juddian:

Contraflow:

westham67:

+1

+2

+3

+4 1000% the posts seem to confirm the facts, many lorry drivers are very stupid indeed.

mike68:

Mike-C:

Juddian:

Contraflow:

westham67:

+1

+2

+3

+4 1000% the posts seem to confirm the facts, many lorry drivers are very stupid indeed.

+5. I’m in .

Typical Tesco treating staff like dirt and going to any lengths to reduce staffs terms and conditions as well as wages.
Eddie Stobarts would appear to have hit an all time low in being complicit in this latest Tesco fiasco.
I must admit that I am revelling in the fact that Tesco’s are now struggling and would not bat an eyelid if they went under tomorrow they are nothing but a bunch of mercenary bullies,Any misfortune that befalls that company is plenty good enough for them I say.